Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Mister Speaker posted:

podcast needs more laser beam sound effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB3vm9yYhSQ

I was watching some CNN anchor talking to a guy in Ukraine and he went all high pitched voice and was asking dumbass questions just like Dennis's "I understand there's a waaaar?!?! going on?" These guys are a sober reflection of our society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I watched the trapped episode again last night because of this thread and I forgot about the punchline, lmao.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

New episode of the podcast! I'm trying listening on something with some subwoofer and it sounds like there's a party going on next door, an audio engineer is gonna be nice.

https://youtu.be/HCIQ_zocZnU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

In the Ladies' Boggs episode, right after Dee's hallucinations with Marta and Boss, when Artemis comes to talk to Dee, you see normal women in their seats. It was a more prominent gag in the original Boggs episode but I thought it was really funny here.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Strabo4 posted:

New episode of the podcast! I'm trying listening on something with some subwoofer and it sounds like there's a party going on next door, an audio engineer is gonna be nice.

https://youtu.be/HCIQ_zocZnU

They have all the mics flat. I'd probably use the presence boost, and also high pass at 100hz (not the mic's high pass). You're also hearing a lot of reflections. This episode had particularly bad sound.

SM7Bs are great mics, but people really suck at using them. The amount of times I see people talking about needing more gain for it, when that's not actually the issue they're having is nuts.

Those hard boiled eggs looked delicious.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Takes No Damage posted:

Look forward to it getting even better!

Lol, listening to podcasts on sound systems. What happen to the good old days of playing it on your phone speaker extra loud so you can hear it over the vacuum.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

audiophiles ruin everything

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

dorium posted:

Lol, listening to podcasts on sound systems. What happen to the good old days of playing it on your phone speaker extra loud so you can hear it over the vacuum.

Or in a cambro while I do veggie prep

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

ShoogaSlim posted:

audiophiles ruin everything

Work on any indie production and you'll quickly appreciate how important and how forgotten sound is. It's always overlooked and bad sound makes a project impossible to watch. Worse than a bad cinematography, camera, subpar lighting, or anything else ever will.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just add some ethereal whooshing bing bong

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

don't get me wrong i think good audio quality can make or break certain experiences, but this is just some guys talking about a show i like. it sounds better than a zoom or phone call and that's enough for me.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I think most of it in this week's episode was specifically Rob not being close enough to his mic. (Aside from when Rob and Charlie were measuring each other, of course.)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Audio seemed fine enough (on the YouTube at least). Sure it could be better, but I'm not looking for FLAC quality out of a podcast of 3 guys bullshitting for an hour.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i thought this ep was better than the last few

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

content wise idgaf about the sound. sounds fine

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love when they actually talk about the episodes, but I also love when they just do dumb poo poo like measuring each other’s Ape Index and eating coffee eggs. The only thing I haven’t cared about was the call-in episode, but that was mostly because none of the fans had anything interesting to say.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Super Deuce posted:

Work on any indie production and you'll quickly appreciate how important and how forgotten sound is. It's always overlooked and bad sound makes a project impossible to watch. Worse than a bad cinematography, camera, subpar lighting, or anything else ever will.
This was drilled into my head in film school and it's so true it hurts. Nobody gives a gently caress about sound and then they get to post and realize they don't have a movie.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
You only notice sounds design when it's bad, being good at your job makes you invisible :(

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Well yeah, if the audio is visible there's something else going on.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

ChesterJT posted:

I'm not really enjoying it as much as I had hoped. It's more "the guys and some girl named Megan I don't care about hang out and have a chat"

This woman is executive producer of the show since 2016 and very accomplished writer, including writing for the Onion and Community. But yeah if you want to pretend that only the people you see on screen have anything to do with the show being good and what you enjoy about it then, cool gently caress off.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 9, 2022

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

The Sean posted:

This woman is executive producer of the show since 2016 and very accomplished writer, including writing for the Onion and Community. But yeah if you want to pretend that only the people you see on screen have anything to do with the show being good and what you enjoy about it then, cool gently caress off.

You know we're talking about the podcast, right?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The podcast sounds fine lol what a trivial thing to be an audiophile over

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Super Deuce posted:

You know we're talking about the podcast, right?

Nvm. I realize you were talking about sound quality, not the content. My apologies.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The Sean posted:

I'm talking about the content of the podcast, not the sound quality but all the same no need to be so hostile. I'm not pretending the guys do it all on their own, never said anything like that. I said I don't know who she is, nor do I care. I don't find her interesting or useful on a mic. I enjoy the podcast less because she's on it. That doesn't mean I think she's a bad writer or I hate women or whatever other scenarios you've made up for me in your head. Relax.

On the audio side, I'm not an audiophile so like others have pointed out I don't notice any issues. I can hear them and understand what theyre saying just fine and thats all i need in a podcast. Maybe I should have told the audiophiles who are bothered by the sound to gently caress off. :shrug:

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 9, 2022

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

ChesterJT posted:

I'm talking about the content of the podcast, not the sound quality but all the same no need to be so hostile. I'm not pretending the guys do it all on their own, never said anything like that. I said I don't know who she is, nor do I care. I don't find her interesting or useful on a mic. I enjoy the podcast less because she's on it. That doesn't mean I think she's a bad writer or I hate women or whatever other scenarios you've made up for me in your head. Relax.

On the audio side, I'm not an audiophile so like others have pointed out I don't notice any issues. I can hear them and understand what theyre saying just fine and thats all i need in a podcast. Maybe I should have told the audiophiles who are bothered by the sound to gently caress off. :shrug:

It's the "always sunny podcast" so it actually really makes sense for people involved in the show to, uh, be on the podcast...

In any case, I never said you hated women but interesting that you went there. Maybe it was because I corrected you that she's a woman not a girl? Or that she is accomplished (I know you said you're not interested and dont know (despite two people explaining her accomplishments to you) and that you don't care but sorry facts don't care about your feelings)? I don't know. Not sure what you're upset at, little boy, baby boy.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 10, 2022

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Catching up with the videos, it took me a second to realize why they used this as the title card going into the Kate phone in segment... :doh:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I mean, she barely ever says anything at all during the episodes of the podcast. There's nothing wrong with not liking her on it or anything, I guess I'm just surprised that she even speaks on the podcast enough to ruin someone's enjoyment of it. I happen to enjoy what little input she has on it for what it's worth.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I like that she has lately been trying to keep the guys on topic. She's started asking them questions to direct their responses, which is definitely better than the earlier episodes that kind of meandered around.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I enjoy Megan being on the podcast and I wish she talked more. Hopefully when they get to the episodes she worked on she talks more about her experience on the show.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

im the last person to jump to accusations of misogyny, but saying that Megan's barely-there inclusion makes the show in any way less enjoyable AND that you don't give a poo poo about what she's done for the show really does sound like boo hoo the girl is ruining my thing

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Takes No Damage posted:

You only notice sounds design when it's bad, being good at your job makes you invisible :(

this is every type of engineering and design so don't feel too bad

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I haven't noticed the audio being poo poo, I can hear them all just fine :shrug:

I love the podcast when they're talking about the show or just chatting poo poo. It's great either way because you can tell that they genuinely enjoy each other's company and the way they make each other laugh is great. Megan fits in really well too and it's not like she's hogging the air. The only thing I'm sad about is the fact that I caught up with the episodes so quickly and now I have to wait a week for new ones.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Indeed, the only problem with the podcast is they stopped doing 2 a week :lol:

And Megan is great. For the most part all she adds to the podcast is keeping them on track, asking questions that a fan would probably ask. And doing research on some of the extras.

Although I could see someone who wasn't aware of who she is or her role with Always Sunny to be confused by her being there.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShoogaSlim posted:

im the last person to jump to accusations of misogyny, but saying that Megan's barely-there inclusion makes the show in any way less enjoyable AND that you don't give a poo poo about what she's done for the show really does sound like boo hoo the girl is ruining my thing

I didn't say ruin particularly, but I am literally saying she makes it less enjoyable for me and her imdb page doesn't change that fact. Her gender is a non-factor to me. It's just an easy thing for people like the other guy having a weird meltdown to throw out to try and "win" an internet argument that shut down discussion. Seems like most like Megan, so I'm clearly in the minority. No big deal.

I also wish there was still two a week.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
She talks like….twice an episode at most. I cannot fathom why anybody would be annoyed by her occasional question or reading off info that has been requested

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/lJ8e6oQ.gifv

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

She brought coffee eggs you ungrateful piece of poo poo

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

:kiss:

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Endless Trash posted:

She brought coffee eggs you ungrateful piece of poo poo

To be fair, not really coffee eggs...
I really hope she makes coffee eggs proper next podcast! I had no idea who she was, but I do like watching her reactions to the boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

deong posted:

To be fair, not really coffee eggs...
I really hope she makes coffee eggs proper next podcast! I had no idea who she was, but I do like watching her reactions to the boys.

I wanna see the REAL coffee eggs that this youtuber found a historical recipe for and recreated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbFhIlxGElc

:getin: