Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

A God drat Ghost posted:

yeah, this is a strange set. guess you never know how it'll work out. I am not at all a fan of including all-stars winners in this. it's the first season where they're doing this, give it to queens who have only been on once! it feels quite unfair.

I know I've heard several winners talk about how they'd never go back on drag race, and how they only have reputation to lose and nothing to gain. I could see their selection of strict winners being... limited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
The early season winner on that list will slaughter the rest of them.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

GrandmaParty posted:

The early season winner on that list will slaughter the rest of them.

Raja or Jinx?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

alf_pogs posted:

Raja or Jinx?

The first one. She murdered her season.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Having an All Winners season without Bob, Alaska, Bianca and even Sasha just feels... anticlimactic. I'm assuming it's because they're too cheap to increase the prize money.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Having that super tense untucked in what are usually sugary finales where nothing bad is said was weird.

Fuuuck Jimbo, love Pangina but as a judge she really needs to work on rising above it a bit more.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

GrandmaParty posted:

The first one. She murdered her season.

she's one of my faves so I'm excited for that for sure

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

A God drat Ghost posted:

yeah, this is a strange set. guess you never know how it'll work out. I am not at all a fan of including all-stars winners in this. it's the first season where they're doing this, give it to queens who have only been on once! it feels quite unfair.

Life’s not fair, etc etc. The cast is a bit odd but I’m excited for most of the returning queens. Quite a few of them I thought would never compete again.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im ready for all the first trans black winner jokes tho

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

dpkg chopra posted:

Having that super tense untucked in what are usually sugary finales where nothing bad is said was weird.

Fuuuck Jimbo, love Pangina but as a judge she really needs to work on rising above it a bit more.

I'm so over Jimbo at this point. Never a fan but I always try and respect these competitors as artists but honestly what a constantly poo poo attitude and it's appalling to see the way they speak down about people, especially ones they seem bitter towards. They can claim it's part of the character they're playing but if someone tried that puppet master defense elsewhere it would fall flat as an excuse to act like an rear end in a top hat.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Yikes, this is maybe the worst Snatch Game ever.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

My kid and I were already mad How do you not eliminate anyone 2 weeks in a row!!!!? Deja killed it and deserved to send someone home! UGH. I'm frustrated, but this poo poo is also working because I can't wait to see next week.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Finally finishing UK vs the World (I'll get around to tonight's US episode tomorrow evening) and I don't dislike Baga Chipz, but she feels like she's been resting on the "MUCH BETTA" laurels for so long that I'm always floored when she is actually, genuinely funny. She can do it!! She just...doesn't.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Well this should be a really interesting Untucked

Edit: Honestly, bad Snatch Game, but incredible episode from a narrative standpoint

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 12, 2022

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:allbuttons:

gandlethorpe posted:

Edit: Honestly, bad Snatch Game, but incredible episode from a narrative standpoint

Yeah I'm a little frustrated at the outcome but holy poo poo I'm also kinda hyped???

I'm also curious at what happened behind the scene because there's no way this was actually planned. Did they negotiate an extra episode on the spot? Or are we not gonna see a chocolate bar save this season to compensate, and it's gonna give one of the top 4's an advantage in the finale (like picking a song) instead?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Same OMG

quote:

Yeah I'm a little frustrated at the outcome but holy poo poo I'm also kinda hyped???

I'm also curious at what happened behind the scene because there's no way this was actually planned. Did they negotiate an extra episode on the spot? Or are we not gonna see a chocolate bar save this season to compensate, and it's gonna give one of the top 4's an advantage in the finale (like picking a song) instead?

My theory is they jettisoned another challenge and two queens go home next week.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
lol, respect to Deja for Steven Bradburying herself into a win after everyone else full-on crashed into the wall

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 12, 2022

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That Snatch was atrocious

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
please.... just send someone home..... the worst bit is we are guarenteed to have at least 1 more non elim episode because chocolate

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
My theory on how next week is occurring:

I think there is no way they did that last minute. They were always going to do an episode like that from the very start, they were just waiting until the episode where most people did the worst. Their judging really has no merits, it's not a drag competition, they're creating a television show. Everything is planned before the season begins shooting, right down to entire character arcs and who they intend to be in the final. No matter what happened, they would have said something to justify putting everyone but the winner in the bottom, and the episode was going to move forward as planned. It's just maybe a matter of when in the season it would be placed.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Why do I look forwards to snatch game. Jesus christ.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1502686341234102281?s=20&t=BVBeLIGDsbJnbX3aVaMsGg

ahh, I love it

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Maddy might have gone home early but she's winning the gently caress out of social media

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Nihonniboku posted:

My theory on how next week is occurring:

I think there is no way they did that last minute. They were always going to do an episode like that from the very start, they were just waiting until the episode where most people did the worst. Their judging really has no merits, it's not a drag competition, they're creating a television show. Everything is planned before the season begins shooting, right down to entire character arcs and who they intend to be in the final. No matter what happened, they would have said something to justify putting everyone but the winner in the bottom, and the episode was going to move forward as planned. It's just maybe a matter of when in the season it would be placed.

I think that's a little overly cynical, and completely insane to assume that they planned on a week where every queen was dogshit but one who was just ok.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ALFbrot posted:

I think that's a little overly cynical, and completely insane to assume that they planned on a week where every queen was dogshit but one who was just ok.

I hope you're correct.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Personally, I thought Bosco was funny enough not to warrant being in the bottom, but I can understand if the judges didn't get the angle of making fun of an out of touch celebrity shilling new-agey crap. The bottle of kumbucha was both hilarious and nauseating.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I feel personally betrayed by that Snatch Game.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I wanted to see lil deja drink the kumbucha

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It's possible that they skewed the results a bit for drama (I could see Daya being safe on a different timeline) but they can't have banked on a universal bomb.

It's probably just a product of circumstance; the supposed frontrunners for the challenge like Willow and Bosco have a dry sense of humor that doesn't easily translate to Snatch Game, and Kornbread was most likely the production favorite to win the Snatch Game but poo poo happened. If she had been here she probably would've won and we'd have had a normal if underwhelming snatch game ep

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 13, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Daya being pressed that her performance was equal to Jasmine's in the judging was a highlight of the episode.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I’d be okay with them sending half the cast home after that episode.

As for who we have left

Fodder - Jasmine Kennedie & Jorgeous.
Possibly Cut before finale - Deja Skye/Daya Betty (Unless they want a villain in the final)/Camden (Getting a Miz Cracker edit)
Lock for Finalists - Angeria (Similar edit to Jaida Essence Hall). Willow Pill (Similar edit to Evie Oddley)
No Idea - Bosco.

I’ve kept falling asleep during the last 3 episodes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Big yikes the entire time.

Also one of the first guest judges who was brutally honest and right. drat Dove - the claws were OUT. Loved it.

Also loving send home jasmine and Jorgeous already. Zzzzz.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I’m just here for Willow’s love of mushrooms.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So the queens were told it was "worship wear" for this episode but then it got changed into "Holy"

Explains why Willow was a mushroom and Jorgeous was weedpope.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I think they always had a lipsync battle royale planned for the next episode, this just let them segue into that as some kind of punishment.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Shakespeare bopping around to Lil John got a laugh outta me. :kiddo:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I don't think it was planned. No one would have guessed this batch of queens would epic fail like this. It's very much a plan B they had in their back pocket for several seasons.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I quite liked that guest judge, she seemed to know what she was talking about and was a useful part of the panel. No idea what she's in but I'll look it up.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

I quite liked that guest judge, she seemed to know what she was talking about and was a useful part of the panel. No idea what she's in but I'll look it up.

Yeah, I think she's been on the show before and I still didn't know who she was. She was a mainstay on Disney channel shows and movies apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

She was on AoS for a half season and lopped off someone's arms.