Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cloks posted:

poo poo, we got Upton Sinclair over here

what’s upton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

not much, what's sinclair with you?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Blunton Weedclaire

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Marzzle posted:

the free market has done no favors at all to weed quality in dispensaries. basically 1800s chicago meat markets right now and the FDA will absolutely need to regulate concentrates to keep people from trying to resell all their moldy mycotoxin laden buds

I basically don't trust anything my weed store says about their weed.

"Check out our top shelf premium bud in exciting new strains like Maui AK47 Sour Diesel Cookie Gummybear! Lab tested at 10000000% THC only $120 for an eighth!" Yeah gently caress that poo poo gimme the half O of trim for $40.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

All I know is that I take a couple hits off the resin cart I bought at the weirdly fascist Illinois weed store and I start disassociating so that's good enough for me.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Cloks posted:

poo poo, we got Upton Sinclair over here

it’s a pretty well established fact from all the goons who have worked in grows that they’re not sterile, lab quality operations, and infested bud still gets used because of course it does because these are for profit based capital bastardizations of what we instinctively imagine are a couple cool dudes lovingly caring for the plants they’re growing. in short, be that dude for money saving and health principles.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm not disagreeing, being Upton Sinclair is a good thing

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
extremely D&D voice: actually the open market cares about the consumers health

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I will abandon my job training course in an instant if given the opportunity to grow weed in a big greenhouse

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

tokin opposition posted:

I will abandon my job training course in an instant if given the opportunity to grow weed in a big greenhouse

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Marzzle posted:

the free market has done no favors at all to weed quality in dispensaries. basically 1800s chicago meat markets right now and the FDA will absolutely need to regulate concentrates to keep people from trying to resell all their moldy mycotoxin laden buds

all the dispensary weed i've ever bought (in IL) has been of significantly worse quality than the poo poo i've been getting from dealers for years. dry, has a mildewy or woody taste when you vape it, etc. it's a fuckin' racket, especially considering:

i am harry posted:

it’s a pretty well established fact from all the goons who have worked in grows that they’re not sterile, lab quality operations, and infested bud still gets used because of course it does because these are for profit based capital bastardizations of what we instinctively imagine are a couple cool dudes lovingly caring for the plants they’re growing. in short, be that dude for money saving and health principles.

i cannot WAIT until i can afford to / have the space to grow my own, which i can then press into my own rosin, and make my own carts if i wanted

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

oh cool an eighth of smalls that crumble to dust when you handle them, and only $65 to boot? thanks, IL!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

WA gets you $40 ounces, but only once a day

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

:negative:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i got a 4x2 tent and a light and such and ~5 months later I had 13 oz of bud and 3 oz of trim

yes there’s a bunch of things to figure out and you need the space and climate control and such but it’s cool imo, growing any kind of plant is very fun

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I wish I didn’t have to work and could instead just sit inside my weed shed all day just hanging out with my weed plants

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i need to buy a grinder. How do i pick out a nice one?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

i like the kannastor with the caveat that the grinder can get clogged if you use the finer grind

it's a nice solid grinder with two different teeth options for a normal and vape grind, the kief catcher is finer than other grinders I've used and i love the modular style with a compartment on top for carrying a little extra unground weed

plus mine is rose pink so it matches my whole aesthetic

Cloks has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Mar 10, 2022

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

idk but make sure it's got the keif catcher

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Shear Modulus posted:

everyone loves brilliant cut if you wanna spend big

if you don't want to spend big look for an inexpensive one that's milled, not cast, aluminum and has dense teeth. I dunno if I've ever seen a grinder without a keif catcher but that's probably the only extra bit that you'd want

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 06:50 on Mar 10, 2022

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
y'all gotta get some canada in you, an ounce of 20% at my local weed shop is like $125 after tax (and that's in canadian rubles so like 95-100 USD)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Shear Modulus posted:

get the slx

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cloks posted:

i like the kannastor with the caveat that the grinder can get clogged if you use the finer grind

it's a nice solid grinder with two different teeth options for a normal and vape grind, the kief catcher is finer than other grinders I've used and i love the modular style with a compartment on top for carrying a little extra unground weed

plus mine is rose pink so it matches my whole aesthetic

lol at the playboy logo ones

I'll probably buy one of those because 75 bucks for the brilliant cut one is a lot more then i imagined weed paraphernalia would cost

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
so new jersey supposedly legalized weed two years ago but they just won't let anyone sell it anywhere. so it's like... not legal.

wonder when that's gonna get fixed

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Casey Finnigan posted:

so new jersey supposedly legalized weed two years ago but they just won't let anyone sell it anywhere. so it's like... not legal.

Hooray for decriminalization!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they have to figure out how to make sure the mob controls the whole market first

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Casey Finnigan posted:

my cousin knows a guy who can sell youse some legal jersey weed

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

and pets

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Cloks posted:

and pets

goddamn that's a good cat. I love seal point siamese cats.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Retromancer posted:

goddamn that's a good cat. I love seal point siamese cats.

thank you! i think he's a ragdoll but really, he's just a very lucky former alley cat

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I have no bad things to say about the bud I legally purchased in DC, MD, or MA

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Morticia and Gomez say hi CSPAM

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Bought some weed

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the ceramic coating on those actually looks pretty cool and they minimized the threading you need to close it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Marzzle posted:

the ceramic coating on those actually looks pretty cool and they minimized the threading you need to close it

it being a 4-piece grinder that only has 1 set of threads you need to unscrew (you just lift the part with your ground herb out of the bottom) is frankly way better designed than I would have ever expected a weed grinder to have. for me the coating has stood up for at least a year and it doesn't get the weird grinder hash thing happening at all, it's great.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it being a 4-piece grinder that only has 1 set of threads you need to unscrew (you just lift the part with your ground herb out of the bottom) is frankly way better designed than I would have ever expected a weed grinder to have. for me the coating has stood up for at least a year and it doesn't get the weird grinder hash thing happening at all, it's great.

Kozo Grinders do this nicely

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Marzzle posted:

everyone loves brilliant cut if you wanna spend big

if you don't want to spend big look for an inexpensive one that's milled, not cast, aluminum and has dense teeth. I dunno if I've ever seen a grinder without a keif catcher but that's probably the only extra bit that you'd want

yooo yoink, stealing that for later, maybe a nice birthday gift to myself

I’ve had a space case for years that works alright for me but that’s literally only because it’s the only grinder “brand” I ever heard of/saw sold around here/had friends use

my first one was just two metal discs, no catcher. you gotta have the catcher on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

magnificent. every cat posted in this thread is a beautiful cat.