Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fortaleza posted:

Just had a sudden burst of realization about all the IRL poo poo I've been putting off for two whole weeks. gently caress

Lol 😬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
normal people: "the problem with ocarina of time was the wall masters"

Miyazaki: "the problem with ocarina of time was the wall masters didn't have enough fingers"

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This game is so good! gently caress!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

normal people: "the problem with ocarina of time was the wall masters"

Miyazaki: "the problem with ocarina of time was the wall masters didn't have enough fingers"

both of them instantly teleport you to the start of the dungeon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mt gelmir just finding straight bloodborne weapons now ftmfw. this game only gets cooler lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Finally found out (I think) what turtle pope was referring to with his vague hints about a statue in the capital, and I imagine I would have gone "oh my GOD" if I had any clue about the big picture lore so far

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
It has recently come to my attention that areas I referred to as “end-game” are actually “mid-game”. I regret the error.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I liked the Volcano Manor questline because the final target was just straight-up a Bloodborne character, with bloodhound's step zipping around and using a bladed whip

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like the game is pushing me to go fight Radahn but most of the bosses I've met in Caelid absolutely kick my poo poo in, I have a +6 magma scale sword and killed Rennala pretty easily but I am not sure how this is going to go... wish me luck

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Harrow posted:

I liked the Volcano Manor questline because the final target was just straight-up a Bloodborne character, with bloodhound's step zipping around and using a bladed whip

my ps5 controller bluetooth was glitching out during that fight and i was getting mega tilted because i thought it was the game that was giving me 600 ms of input lag and making me die over and over again

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Harrow posted:

Did you have to progress the story to get more assassination requests from the manor? I did the first one and figured I'd get the next when I went back. Got a cool spell for my troubles but it seemed like that was all.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Did you have to progress the story to get more assassination requests from the manor? I did the first one and figured I'd get the next when I went back. Got a cool spell for my troubles but it seemed like that was all.

You shouldn't have to no. Your next request is usually on the table next to the guy who sells ashes of war, Bernahl. You can also talk to Patches and Bernahl for bonus requests, not sure at which point in the questline they unlock.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

no but you have to progress to complete one of the missions

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Looking for a hint, I just got done going through the capital and im wondering how do i get to the "frenzied" town or whatever mentioned in a note i got from the frenzied village. it mentions the three fingers and that its below the capital. last night i found my way down a well and into the subterranean shunning grounds (such a sick name) and cleared it all the way to the omen boss but i think that's where that path ends. did I miss a door or elevator somewhere?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

Looking for a hint, I just got done going through the capital and im wondering how do i get to the "frenzied" town or whatever mentioned in a note i got from the frenzied village. it mentions the three fingers and that its below the capital. last night i found my way down a well and into the subterranean shunning grounds (such a sick name) and cleared it all the way to the omen boss but i think that's where that path ends. did I miss a door or elevator somewhere?

The vaguest hint I can come up with: check around behind the boss

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

its pretty much impossible to intuit what to do next

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

its pretty much impossible to intuit what to do next

Yeah I only figured it out because I check every "hidden path ahead" message just in case like an idiot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

got th third belfry and man this map is fuckin huge lmao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Nutmeg posted:

drat did I miss a boss down there? I found an omen shackle item near the entrance to the shunning ground dungeons and killed a blood mage boss in the first dungeon layer, but down on the second layer the boss door was already open and there were two omen enemies in the boss room. I thought there might be a deeper layer but I wandered around forever down there and couldn't find any progress.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

drat did I miss a boss down there? I found an omen shackle item near the entrance to the shunning ground dungeons and killed a blood mage boss in the first dungeon layer, but down on the second layer the boss door was already open and there were two omen enemies in the boss room. I thought there might be a deeper layer but I wandered around forever down there and couldn't find any progress.

you didnt miss a boss but you did miss something

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm getting close to the end but I made it to the secret area which is absolutely loving massive and gorgeous and also was kind of rear end to get to the Evergaol with invisible assassins and rooftop archers can suck my dick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao at patches just noping out of the radahn fight, also th radahn phase change is one of the sickest things ive ever seen. hell the whole fight is, it's so fuckin cool

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm getting close to the end but I made it to the secret area which is absolutely loving massive and gorgeous and also was kind of rear end to get to the Evergaol with invisible assassins and rooftop archers can suck my dick

That area loving rules.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lmfao at patches just noping out of the radahn fight, also th radahn phase change is one of the sickest things ive ever seen. hell the whole fight is, it's so fuckin cool

Radahn crashing in from the stratosphere like a meteor is one of the coolest things in a FROM game ever

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The Radahn fight in general is probably my favourite boss fight in the game so far. It's unlike any other boss fight From have done so far. It's so loving cool.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

If you dont summon every npc available and make a huge raiding party for radahn you're missing out. You can even keep doing it during the fight as they die

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

If you dont summon every npc available and make a huge raiding party for radahn you're missing out. You can even keep doing it during the fight as they die

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The conversation with Alexander the jar man after was pretty funny he's on the beach scooping something up and he's like "Sorry I wasn't more helpful, I got broken and my insides fell out. But look at all these corpses of great warriors, I'm gonna put them inside me and become the greatest warrior ever!"

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Radahn crashing in from the stratosphere like a meteor is one of the coolest things in a FROM game ever

100%

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

mbt posted:

Lol absolutely. I think I maybe did 20% of the damage to his health bar.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The conversation with Alexander the jar man after was pretty funny he's on the beach scooping something up and he's like "Sorry I wasn't more helpful, I got broken and my insides fell out. But look at all these corpses of great warriors, I'm gonna put them inside me and become the greatest warrior ever!"

Yeah this was a loving amazing twist tbh

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I threw up in my mouth a bit, lol.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol it rules, my biggest regret in my playthrough is that I haven't met that guy before or since the Radahn fight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mr. Baps posted:

lol it rules, my biggest regret in my playthrough is that I haven't met that guy before or since the Radahn fight

Yeah apparently he's got a whole quest but the first time I met him was in the courtyard for the festival, he rules

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Like everything else in this game I found him totally by accident while running away from something about to kill me

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

mbt posted:

If anyone can beat Radahn without doing this then they're in the gamer hall of fame.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I found this ridiculous saw weapon just outside Volcano Manor but I have no somber smithing stones... I do wish upgrade materials were a little easier to come by but I've probably missed some bell bearings or a merchant or three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Mr. Baps posted:

He was stuck in the ground and I had to hit him out when I first met him. Then met him again at the bottom of some mine and he was totally lost