Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.

ExecuDork posted:

When we're camping, my wife and I like to make pizza in the trail oven - think handle-less nonstick frying pan with a tight-fitting aluminum lid with a simple thermometer in it (WARM - BAKE - BURN) that goes under a heat-trapping fireproof cover on top of a one-burner camp stove. We bring a couple of tortillas - they're exactly the right size - and put a layer of shredded cheese between them. It's heavenly, which by definition is either not blasphemous (if you got the right heaven) or certainly blasphemous (if you are in the wrong heaven). Still, pretty drat tasty.

Pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'll dig up some photos, most of them would have been taken by my wife on our trips.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Isn't this a quesadilla?
From top to bottom, it's
cheese
toppings (some variation on onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, ground beef, and whatever else we have with us, not always all of these)
tomato sauce
tortilla
cheese
tortilla

I dunno, is it still a quesadilla if most of the fillings are piled on top?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ExecuDork posted:

It's heavenly, which by definition is either not blasphemous (if you got the right heaven) or certainly blasphemous (if you are in the wrong heaven).

I’m sure it’s very nice, but it doesn’t sound like it’s a pizza.

I made a delicious spaghetti bolognese yesterday, its deliciousness doesn’t in any way mean it would be OK for me to call it sushi.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
No, you're not getting it

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
French bread pizza is a thing, English muffin pizza is a thing, mini bagel pizza is a thing. Quesadilla pizza seems like it can fit somewhere under that big pizza umbrella

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Actually, a pizza is just a New York quesadilla.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Quesadillasagna

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

It's clearly a ravioli, like come on

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Hawkperson posted:

It's clearly a raviolo, like come on

:eng101:

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Quesadillasagna

I have made Mexican lasagna using corn tortillas instead of noodles between layers

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hawkperson posted:

It's clearly a ravihola, like come on

:ese:

Hm, that's a bit less wholesome than the other emoji in that genre

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Kenji posted a thing a long time ago about late night lazy tortilla pizzas. It's p good and turns out a lot like the thin crust frozen bois

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I cannot believe I am asking this question in public, but...

What pill can I take that will stop me from needing to fart, now that I am eating more fiber?

No, "eat less fiber" is not an option I have. Or I would not be asking this.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

What pill can I take that will stop me from needing to fart, now that I am eating more fiber?

Have you tried beano?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

just let em rip loud and proud

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CainFortea posted:

Have you tried beano?

I forgot about Beano, thank you.

Casu Marzu posted:

just let em rip loud and proud

This is, uhhh, kinda frowned-upon at the gym. Also have you ever tried to squat or DL when you got a filled-up colon and you're not sure if it's gas or...... something else?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I. M. Gei posted:

Drink more water. Fiber needs water to move through your bowels and things will ferment the longer they spend in there.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

poo poo, I've been upping my water intake too but apparently I'm still not drinking enough.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

I forgot about Beano, thank you.

This is, uhhh, kinda frowned-upon at the gym. Also have you ever tried to squat or DL when you got a filled-up colon and you're not sure if it's gas or...... something else?

Nothing worse than a fart coming out dressed.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Anne Whateley posted:

that big pizza umbrella
First thought: I really want a pizza umbrella.

Second thought: I bet they already exist.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

If the graphic reached the edges I'd be into it

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I. M. Gei posted:

poo poo, I've been upping my water intake too but apparently I'm still not drinking enough.

According to my doctor, you should try to drink 1 oz. of water for every pound of body weight. Note the "try" part - he also said that if you hit a gallon every day, you're in good shape, but most people don't make it anywhere close to that.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Shooting Blanks posted:

According to my doctor, you should try to drink 1 oz. of water for every pound of body weight. Note the "try" part - he also said that if you hit a gallon every day, you're in good shape, but most people don't make it anywhere close to that.

Does that include water you take in from food you eat? Drinking a gallon of water is a mighty task - I top out at around three liters on days I work out, and that seems like a ton and I end up peeing way more frequently too.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Feedback loops tell you more than a static guideline - do you feel thirsty? Where are your poops on the Bristol scale? What color is your urine?

If you don't feel thirsty, your poops are a 4 or 5, and your pee is the color of slightly diluted lemonade, then that's not your problem.

E:
The gut microbiome is crazy complex so there are lots of things that factor in. It may also settle down over time as the gut community adjusts to the new diet. One thing to note - how soluble is your fiber? There's a big difference in how long it takes to ferment. Does your diet include any highly processed food, even if they seem healthy? Things like dehydrated snap pea crisps can cause way more gut rumbling than actual snap peas. Think about diesel vs petrol - they burn very different.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 9, 2022

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

The Midniter posted:

Does that include water you take in from food you eat? Drinking a gallon of water is a mighty task - I top out at around three liters on days I work out, and that seems like a ton and I end up peeing way more frequently too.

Good point, it probably includes water from food intake.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So I doubled my tomato and garlic roasting for soup but the next day forgot to double the stock, so ended with basically tomato paste soup

Best mistake of my life. I'm going to dilute the leftovers with the remaining stock so I have some to freeze but I enjoyed my thicc bowl yesterday

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

Find a new doctor

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Yor body is good at self regulating your water levels via thirst. Drink when you are thirsty. All advice about some set amount you need to drink daily is pretty much just psuedo science.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Plus what everyone leaves out from that famous study that said you need so much water per day is that they also said you already get most of it in the food you eat. So it was never meant to be taken as drink 2 liters a day or whatever.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

DekeThornton posted:

Yor body is good at self regulating your water levels via thirst. Drink when you are thirsty.

Listening to your body is easy when it says "I'm thirsty" but a bit more confusing when it says "frrrrrrt" :v:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Listening to your body is easy when it says "I'm thirsty" but a bit more confusing when it says "frrrrrrt" :v:

Also playing the "Hungry or bored" game.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Also playing the "Hungry or bored" game.

this is a fun game because you lose either way

:(

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
Hungry or bored, I offer myself an apple. If I am just bored, it's not that appealing.

Except in apple season, when I eat 2-3 apples a day...

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

our grocery order came with an entire litre of heavy whipping cream for some reason. what the gently caress am i gonna do with it all

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

EightFlyingCars posted:

our grocery order came with an entire litre of heavy whipping cream for some reason. what the gently caress am i gonna do with it all

How close can you get to Elon Musk, I have an idea

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EightFlyingCars posted:

Whip it. Whip it good.

mystes
May 31, 2006

EightFlyingCars posted:

Lol if you don't go through a liter of heavy cream every day

Whipped cream with strawberries on cake
mousse
creme fraiche if you have buttermilk
soup
ice cream
bread pudding
ganache
pasta with cream sauce

You can actually probably just freeze the excess though. Or, I don't know, try to make butter with it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

TikTok yourself rolling around in it like an animal.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

EightFlyingCars posted:

That’s like two desserts worth of cream, I’m sure you can find a use for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Seconding soup