Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do we want
This poll is closed.
nothing 64 22.70%
no quid pro quo 63 22.34%
it all 44 15.60%
YTURMP 111 39.36%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Bethamphetamine posted:

All Pinkerton charges dropped

Only took 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hrmm
I have that sensation again
of being a spring that is maximally compressed

what is that called

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

Wow! It's only a matter of time now (before he's reelected)

https://twitter.com/glennkirschner2/status/1501918039280914434

there's a whole lotta dumb motherfuckers named glenn on twitter

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The programmer for the simulation is just mailing it in now. I expect a full reboot shortly

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

hell yeah gorilla channel

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hrmm

what is that called

hooke's law

edit: assuming a hookian spring

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bilirubin posted:

The programmer for the simulation is just mailing it in now. I expect a full reboot shortly

why? people keep buyin' it

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bilirubin posted:

Yeah, :same:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hrmm

what is that called

horny?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Rogan: "Have you ever thought about what it would be like if you have a gorilla on speed?"
Trump: "When I was president we were looking into this, very strongly, I told the generals and they said it was a genius idea, nobody had thought of it before. Nobody."

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
trump go on chapo

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

why? people keep buyin' it

what happens in the simulation if a critical number of people become aware of it?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bilirubin posted:

starting to think the simulation runner is a content creator on some inter-dimensional streaming service and is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel creatively

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
it rolls over into negative people knowing about it

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Standing by..............

https://twitter.com/ejeancarroll/status/1502326173795295236?t=VOqaCskbySAXc-4En1VctA&s=19

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Virgil Vox posted:

what happens in the simulation if a critical number of people become aware of it?

then it becomes "ironic"

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mdemone posted:

citation the gently caress needed

Lol ive been with the same person for over a decade. that's the impression I get from my friend. He's a gross little manlet an he slams all the time. Maybe you need to apply the shotgun method to get fast results. Which is to say asking a lot of people/matching, not using a shotgun. Let's keep shotguns out of this entirely in fact

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Please make trump smoke dmt, PLEASE I NEED THE CONTENT!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Trump lost the motion.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

petit choux posted:

and due to get worse. We're likely going to just give up on teaching children in a few years.

Our ruling class is already telegraphing that with poo poo like "why do people on the McDonalds career track need a humanities education"

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
If E. Jean Carrol had been Hillary's pantsuit consultant none of this would have ever happened.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

jamflowman

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Hrmm

what is that called

tense?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

UFOTacoMan posted:

starting to think the simulation runner is a content creator on some inter-dimensional streaming service and is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel creatively

lol if you think anyone's in charge of the simulation

it's basically one of those ai text generators, it has no idea what it's doing

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1502360146487488512?cxt=HHwWgMC5gf2lutkpAAAA

Lmfao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

hrmm, maybe it is that simple

definitely not horny, mdemone, christ
come on

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Dustcat posted:

lol if you think anyone's in charge of the simulation

it's basically one of those ai text generators, it has no idea what it's doing
it's definitely got stuck on trump tho, like when the Deep Dream AI was obsessed with dog faces

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

:chaostrump:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Throw Jussie into the oubliette and do not ever let him out. the criminal fiend.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

come on

i have a hard time identifying feelings of anxiety and things like that. it's all just kind of feeling off to me

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

come on

Sprung is the word I think you're looking for.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

petit choux posted:

Sprung is the word I think you're looking for.

see I told you, horny

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

goth smoking cloves posted:

Please make trump smoke dmt, PLEASE I NEED THE CONTENT!

Folks, we love the machine elves don't we?
I heard Crooked Hillary attempted to commune with them but they could tell she had been very nasty and they kicker her out! They kicked her right out, didn't even let her see the any of their other dimensions. It's sad really.
But I get along great with them, they come to me, they come and sing Village People songs in their hyperdimensional language. Have you ever heard of such a thing? I'm very strong in terms of hyperdimensionality so I can really enjoy the show! They are great friends of ours and I think you will be hearing about them more and more.

*over enunciates*

Ma-sheen Elves
:smugdon:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Hrmm

what is that called

Constipation?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the greatest who ever lived

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

order number 2022452022

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

order number 4206942069

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

quote:

“President Trump has awarded more than 100 prizes to contest winners across America, but due to an administrative error in this individual circumstance, the contest winner was not properly notified for last weekend’s event in New Orleans. Consistent with the rules of the sweepstakes, a substitute prize will be awarded to the winner,” Trump spokesman Taylor Budowich said Friday, when asked why no winner was chosen.

He did not say what the substitute prize was, but the fine print of the contest rules say the organization can substitute a prize of “greater or equal value.”

lol

quote:

Legal experts and former prosecutors said the question is whether the author of the fundraising solicitations knew there would never be a dinner with Trump. If so, the solicitations could be legally questionable, said Peter R. Zeidenberg, a former federal prosecutor in D.C. and now a partner at ArentFox Schiff. “If, on the other hand, they had planned a dinner but it fell through, then that’s definitely not a crime.”

Renato Mariotti, a former federal prosecutor in Chicago now at Thompson Coburn, said a donor could sue over a prize not being awarded, but that would be unlikely. People motivated to donate to Trump may be unlikely to sue by arguing they were defrauded by the former president’s tactics, he said.

“The obstacles help you understand why so many of these campaign tactics that seem obviously misleading have few consequences,” Mariotti said.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Texas-high-court-ends-monthslong-challenge-to-16994712.php

quote:

The Texas Supreme Court ruled Friday that the state has no part in enforcing Senate Bill 8, effectively ending a monthslong challenge that leaves in place the country’s most restrictive abortion law in decades.

The decision was over a narrow piece of the citizen-enforced six-week abortion ban: whether state licensing officials have the ability to discipline abortion providers that violate the law. The court held unanimously that they do not.

No verdict would have been a win for abortion providers, since the law’s centerpiece — authorizing citizens to sue anyone who helps a woman obtain an abortion after cardiac activity is detected, typically around six weeks of pregnancy — was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in December. But it does provide some clarity that they won’t also be subject to state disciplinary action such as sanctions from the Texas Medical Board.

Providers are still challenging the law in state court and through other federal appeals, but have begun accepting that abortion access will be severely restricted in Texas for the foreseeable future. Citizens who successfully sue under the law are eligible for at least $10,000 in damages and can file the claims in any state court, making it more likely the cases will end up with a sympathetic judge.

Both the state and abortion rights proponents had said licensing officials should be prohibited from enforcing the law, but the state said that was already made clear in text of the legislation. Eight of the nine U.S. Supreme Court justices had disagreed, saying in their December ruling that the officials “may or must take enforcement actions” against clinics that violate the law.

Abortions at Texas clinics fell by about 50 percent after the law took effect in September. Researchers have found that most women are still obtaining the procedure, either by traveling to other states or by ordering abortion pills in the mail. More than 5,500 Texans fled to surrounding states between September and December, many of them to Oklahoma, where a law mirroring Texas’s passed the state senate on Thursday.

Here we go. Pandora's Box of individual civil action has been opened