Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yoloer420 posted:

Mortal Kombat soundtrack was my first CD purchase. I've still got it packed in a box somewhere.

This was the first album I got through a Civic Video door prize, and the only one that introduced me to Fear Factory.

Otherwise; a cassette with PUSA on one side and II on the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

sick of Applebees posted:

I'm pretty sure the first cd I bought by myself was Morcheeba's The Big Calm so suck it non taste having goobers

:hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh has it stopped raining for 5min when I'm trying to have a lay in?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The first album I bought was Meatloaf's "Bat Out Of Hell II" but the most memorable was when I got 50 dollars on my birthday and my dad expected me to buy a Monty Python double album with the money, but I spent most of it playing the first Mortal Kombat at the video store I worked at, then bought Guns N Roses "Use Your Illusion I" instead.

My nosey step mother read the lyrics sheet and I got a "talking to" by both of them in a sit down (their favourite form of correction) about how disappointed they were, and they returned it to the record store.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My first album (on cassette of course) was Flesh and Blood by Poison
First CD I bought with my own money was probably Seasons In The Abyss by Slayer

Musical taste has not really evolved since then either :black101:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Has the Cooker Convoy disappeared completely or what?

The only thing I have seen mention of them in the last 2 weeks has been some cooked oval office on FB trying to say the convey went to Lismore to rescue people and help clean up.

I called them a liar, and have not heard that news since. Anywhere.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Has the Cooker Convoy disappeared completely or what?

They've headed back to Canberra if reddit and Twitter are correct.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Humphreys posted:

First Cassette was a bootleg my grandma recorded off triple J of 'Cows With Guns' cos she has a farm and thought it was funny. We were both so goddammed devo the sequel never came out (Chickens in choppers)

First CD was Metallica: Re:load. Told mum they were actually a Christian metal band trying to get in touch with at risk kids. That story didn't work one iota when she saw the Fear Factory Obsolete cover, or Slipknots first album.

holy poo poo

The one time I ever called into a radio station was to request Cows With Guns so I could tape it off the radio

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
My first CD was a John Williams soundtrack cd called 'star tracks' played by the cincinnati pops orchestra

i got it from Brashs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My first CD was Nimrod by Green Day which is pretty good for an 11 year old

My first cassette was a like a hits compilation that my Nan gave me for christmas with a walkman, I know it had Bob Marley - 'I shot the Sheriff' on it and I still remember the first time I listened to it as it was my first experience using headphones (which was mind blowing and obviously a formative experience)

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Lolie posted:

Back to the last thing that got them any attention, and I bet with a 20th of the numbers. Gonna be a sad sight...

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

bowmore posted:

My first CD was Nimrod by Green Day which is pretty good for an 11 year old

This was the first I bought with my own money. I nicked my dads copy of Protection by Massive Attack before that though.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Seems like a lot of people started Metallica at the same time.

I think being exposed to newer Metallica first helped me appreciate it for what it was rather than what it wasnt. The first 4 albums are totally in their own league but black album forward isn't bad, it's just not the same.

St anger and later is questionable. But black/load/reload are all pretty good albums.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poohs Packin posted:

This was the first I bought with my own money. I nicked my dads copy of Protection by Massive Attack before that though.
a thief with good taste I see

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Lolie posted:

Please god nooooo

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

bowmore posted:

a thief with good taste I see

By "nicked" I guess I really mean I took it from his car and played it on my own boombox until he was like "where the hell is my massive attack CD"

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
My first CD purchase was the first Spice Girls album.

Oh, Ginger Spice, you minx :3:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My first cd was a weird al cd, and so were the six that came after. I loved that poo poo when i was a kid, which is fine because Weird Al rules.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

My first tape was the Kylie Minogue one with the locomotion and I should be so lucky on it.

The first with my own money was nevermind, and my first two CDs (bought at the same time when I got a job at woolies) were Blind Melon’s Soup, and Alice In Chains’ Jar of Flies/Sap

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Blind Melon are super underrated imo

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I got a USB full of Jim Croce, Bob Dylan, cat Stevens, Donovan etc etc from a teacher in yr11

It was very formative

The first album I got was a Ryan Adams one , only two songs I liked

I think that is the only music I have actually bought from a shop

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I still buy heaps of stuff on bandcamp. Buying music is good, and you should do it when you like it.

then again my taste these days are mostly local bands so supporting them that way feels more significant than other bigger artists who can probably get by on their 0.00005c plays on Spotify.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

My first CD purchase was the first Spice Girls album.

Oh, Ginger Spice, you minx :3:

When I was a younger fella I liked Sporty the best.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lolie posted:

Great, I can get more mileage out of this

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Baby Spice best

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

bee posted:

Blind Melon are super underrated imo

Original singer and albumn is really good. New singer and newer albumns have some great tracks, but a lot of filler too :/ but they are pretty good

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

First CD I bought (I think) was Offspring Americana

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Carth Dookie posted:

First CD I bought (I think) was Offspring Americana

excellent

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I was a scary spice guy meself. Love a scouse accent

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong
Some Creed album at Goodwill was my first CD.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I was a scary spice guy meself. Love a scouse accent

Christ, her talking voice!

She was doing Weight Watchers ads for a while and would pronounce 'weight', 'way' and 'wait' in a couple of sentences exactly the same way, all wrong.
Kinda like "Weh" with a hard "eh" rather than a long "ay". So "Don't wait for the weight to go away" sounded like "Daw weh for teh weh to goh weh" or some poo poo.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Don't make me horny like that I implore you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It's like Scottish and Cornish had a hosed up baby and them found out they were siblings

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Free your mind of doubt and danger
Be for real, don't be a stranger
We can achieve it, we can achieve it

Come a little bit closer baby,
(Emma & Mel B): Get it on, get it on
Cause tonight is the night

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

as someone who lived amongst the scouse let me tell you; they rock. Always hosed up, love to talk poo poo, weirdly down to wax poetic about the slightest thing and deeply, unimaginably shallow + materialistic.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Well I just got an email from my real estate. They are more than doubling my rent........

I really loving hate Sydney

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I've been blow drying my crotch post shower recently and I've gotta say, it's a game changer. Never been happy with the effectiveness of toweling off in that area.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When I was about 16 my older brother went overseas for a year and I had access to his cd collection which was mostly black metal and there was no going back for me

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Airstream Driver posted:

I've been blow drying my crotch post shower recently and I've gotta say, it's a game changer. Never been happy with the effectiveness of toweling off in that area.

most houses could do with a walk in air dryer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Productive day: mowed, changed a bunch of power points over, did a run up to Dulux, did the spare room feature wall, pulled up hallway carpet, and helped my sparky mate put in some downlights and a fan in the spare room. Currently cooking dinner (oven) and toiletposting. Am fairly shagged