Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The gently caress do you get cocaine from in school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

And did it work?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I used to get it from dodgy fucks in pubs and clubs, you can have a life outside of school, and I had plenty of disposable cash when I was a freeloading teen with a kitchen job.

I've no doubt plenty of people are dealing in school tho

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

kecske posted:

just write 'dragonball' above it

The local TERF seemed to stop putting up stickers when I changed "I <3 JK Rowling" to "I <3 Klingons"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I guess I just always thought of cocaine as like, posh banker drugs while kids had to stick to like, weed, random pills, glue and booze.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

Fella around the corner named Sketchy Dave, the gently caress kind of school did you go to?

jiggerypokery posted:

And did it work?
It did not work at all, & I am not referring to the cocaine here

e: I am talking about my penuis

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 11, 2022

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
BEEER UP BUM :mcrappe:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

OwlFancier posted:

I guess I just always thought of cocaine as like, posh banker drugs while kids had to stick to like, weed, random pills, glue and booze.

It's a lot cheaper better quality and a lot more normal now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe I went to a boring school, nobody even asked to buy my ritalin.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Former public school boy here (cigarette and no blindfold please) - Speak to head boy and prefects

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

The little patch of grass between the gym and the fence (well, the kids who hung around there), why, where did you get it from?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Performing arts club

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I just realised OwlFancier has set a perfect honeypot to get the locations of every school drug dealer. Bravo.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I just realised OwlFancier has set a perfect honeypot to get the locations of every school drug dealer. Bravo.

Now he just needs the DeLorean to get back to the mid-90s when most of us were in school. Goes well with coke tbf

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'd really like some cocaine but probably won't get any for another two months

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean I have not seen A Drug other than my prescription ones so it's not like I would know, I just don't remember anybody even mentioning coke at school. I think it was like, mdma and all the sex they were definitely having.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

it's market research to find the best place for him to get set up

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

when did mdma come out? I dont think we had that at my school

or sex

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

or sex

80s, you might remember rave culture ?

Sex is still in beta, more R&D required

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i went to a single sex school

and I'm still waiting for it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

or sex

It was discovered in the 60s but wasn't a big street drug over here until the mid 80s. Alleged Es were definitely being sold in my school by 1990 (to the point that we had a big important Talk about it in assembly).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Es are definitely not good, and that isn't even his real name, any questions?"

(iirc it was discovered in the 20s but thrown aside because it couldn't clot blood or turn people into 24hr bunker psychos very well, but yeah it may as well have been rediscovered in the 60s after decades of zero mentions)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
There's a bunch of Cadent vans parked at the top of my street with their lights flashing, and some blokes in hi-viz looking worriedly at the road. I might have to set some sort of off-site dead man's switch to post my three libelous stories just in case I'm about to save a lot of money on my heating bills.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We've all got 3 libelous stories.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can probably make up at least two if needs be.

Keir starmer likes to sleep inside a crocheted human shaped suit made to resemble tony blair and he has a man to remind him to take it off before he goes outside every day.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Could you do a podcast called 3 Libelous Stories (2 of them are true) where you make clear that one of them is just made up and generate enough doubt? Like with missile chaff or dummy warheads or the Alex Jones Show but with two true stories in it and also you don't harass child murder victim families?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"Would I Libel You?" would be a better title.

Also not sure if it was due to this thread but I started listening to knowledge fight because someone mentioned it and it is pretty good.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

:hmmyes:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Man I need to do MDMA again soon, it's coming up to three months and my mood could stand for a pickmeup

Not least because of poo poo like this, which...which is pretty bad, I think

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1502036658979495940

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

jiggerypokery posted:

I mean, needing a general for a dick inspection because a local just won't do is at least an A-tier humblebrag
I insist on no less than a field marshall.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Man I need to do MDMA again soon, it's coming up to three months and my mood could stand for a pickmeup

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1502036658979495940

Comes from the same place as saying it's good to punch Nazis and fascists no?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

As far as I can figure out, it's not specifically allowing hate speech against ethnic Russians (any more than it is lax against hate speech against GRT, Jews, Africans, LGBTQ, etc.) over all of Meta but is tweaking its filters a bit for some countries.

Currently it takes a hyperlib approach where "dear fellows I have reviewed numerous literature on the deleterious effects of miscegenation and the necessity for a general solution" is just an opinion but "kill whitey" is dangerous hate, and that's not going well in a war zone where "gently caress Putin kill the invader" is being said a lot more for various reasons.

I'm sure they'll find some way to get it wrong though. Gotta allow the "Malorussia is Russia" poo poo takes.

New fave alt-hist timeline is that Merck gets a bunch of precursors to continue MDMA research in 1927, because there's pointers that they almost had it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Comes from the same place as saying it's good to punch Nazis and fascists no?

No-one is born a Nazi or a fascist

Guavanaut posted:

New fave alt-hist timeline is that Merck gets a bunch of precursors to continue MDMA research in 1927, because there's pointers that they almost had it.

The murder machine probably would've rolled on regardless, as is its wont, but it's nice to dream

I mean, can you imagine

1930s raves

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

No-one is born a Nazi or a fascist

read the actual article pal

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

The murder machine probably would've rolled on regardless, as is its wont, but it's nice to dream

I mean, can you imagine

1930s raves
Yeah, contrary to the view of the overoptimistic types of the 60s, there's probably no simple chemical that can make a nazi not a nazi (other than, like, lead) because as far as we can tell there's little to no neurological difference between the mechanisms that make us love and trust and the mechanisms that create us and them, so it's a socialcultural matter (as in the Frankfurt School they so hate) rather than a simple brain fix.

Late Wiemar gay scene would have been even more immense tho.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah, contrary to the view of the overoptimistic types of the 60s, there's probably no simple chemical that can make a nazi not a nazi
Napalm is pretty effective.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I insist on no less than a field marshall.

trim that bush, private

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Napalm is pretty effective.
Also true. The big problem though with incendiary and chemical weapons is, through being indiscriminate, it's the fash of all stripes who usually want to make the first call to use them.

That did just remind me of the story about all the upper class nazi power couples in Berlin who (apparently) attended one last glorious Wagner performance as the tanks closed in, and ushers moved around like cigarette girls with trays full of potassium cyanide capsules. So yeah, there are a couple of chemicals that do work to make a nazi not a nazi, but you need a whole lot of other poo poo first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I thought they still banned calls for violence against Russians as a people but changed the policy becuse people were using "russian troops" as an allegory for the "Russian army" when saying violent or violent adjacent things against the Russian military command.

Which is a sort of torturous weird route to either a newspaper reporting one thing sensationally to get clicks or lovely people being excused for being lovely...

I don't even know what is true anymore so I'm just going to drink.