Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jesus Christ at this point I'm convinced literally any game ever released could end up on the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

chaleski posted:

Jesus Christ at this point I'm convinced literally any game ever released could end up on the Switch

If only

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
F-Zero X with one of the N64 controllers is bliss. Much nicer experience than playing with a Classic Controller on the Wii.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chaleski posted:

Well, any game released in the 90s maybe

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MassRafTer posted:

F-Zero X with one of the N64 controllers is bliss. Much nicer experience than playing with a Classic Controller on the Wii.

I hated using the classic controller to play it, but using a SNES30 Pro + isn't bad.

Also, for anyone who cares, there's a new 100p mission available, which is to try the Monster Hunter Rise trial.

I assume owners of the full game just need to boot that up?

Anyway, just goes to show you that missions can be added literally any time.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 12, 2022

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah I meant like, any game released before PS4/Xbone era maybe. Anything before that seems fair game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Except Kingdom Hearts apparently

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when is the chulip remaster

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, Monster Hunter Rise is a beautiful game.

Edit: wasn't supposed to be a question.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 12, 2022

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo, Monster Hunter Rise is a beautiful game?

Probably the best looking Switch game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LuckyCat posted:

Possibly.

I just did my first non-tutorial quest. I'm kinda digging it, though I don't have nearly enough stuff to really get into crafting anything.

Is this what people love about it? The crafting and customizing? Actually, IS there customizing?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Possibly.

I just did my first non-tutorial quest. I'm kinda digging it, though I don't have nearly enough stuff to really get into crafting anything.

Is this what people love about it? The crafting and customizing? Actually, IS there customizing?

Plenty

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
the crafting and customizing is really just an excuse to keep playing the game. from what I've seen people really do just love fighting the big monsters with the cool weapons. folks talk about monhun like it's a fighting game, too--- somebody's a dual blades main or a lance main

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nrook posted:

the crafting and customizing is really just an excuse to keep playing the game. from what I've seen people really do just love fighting the big monsters with the cool weapons. folks talk about monhun like it's a fighting game, too--- somebody's a dual blades main or a lance main

That's pretty much it. It's kind of a 'single player' fighting game where the goal is to improve your mechanical skill and builds and get better and better at it. (Which lets you get new gear and stronger monsters.)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

nrook posted:

If you ever want it to be suddenly very different, you can even switch out those weapon types. It is very satisfying to get particularly good with your weapon set and stunt on dinosaurs while you no-sell all their attacks.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

LuckyCat posted:

The RE engine is a miracle in how well it can work on lower end machines. RE2make and RE3make somehow work on my potato laptop as well.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So why the hell aren't they on my switch???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

So why the hell aren't they on my switch???

only has the power of half a potato

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Nintendo Switch OTHREAD - has the power of half a potato

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

chaleski posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates when?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ok ok, but I got one key question: does it have gyro?!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I’ve somehow paused both horizon and elden ring in favor of triangle strategy. This game is insanely good, even though it does take a while to warm up. I fell asleep at least 4 times trying to get through the first couple chapters in the demo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bofast posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates when?

:pray:

One of my all time faves

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:pray:

One of my all time faves

It's so good. I never played it, originally, but played the remake and loved it. Ship combat? Cool! Sword fighting? Nice!

Wait.... There's DANCING TOO?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh yeah the remake is what I played! I got it on big box PC, then on Vita, then on Xbox

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Chocobo Racing GP has ten minute cutscenes between races. I know some people complained about that for Triangle Strategy, but the thing is, Triangle Strategy is a strategy game full of political intrigue and moral choices about how best to prevent/finish a war and how it affects the world. Chocobo Racing GP is a kart racing game about finishing first in a race.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sounds like a massive pile of poo poo OP

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Wrestling Empire updates have been on fire. Today the new "roaming mode" finally brings you an open world to wrestle in. OPEN WORLD WRESTLING my goons

This game rules

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Is Cruis’n Blast good? It’s on sale at Best Buy today.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-78FD9xvc0

Probably two days late with this but I just saw it and :tviv:

Physical release, too

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Palmtree Panic posted:

People in here liked it at release, idk about its longevity

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Palmtree Panic posted:

It's speed racer: the movie: the game, yes it rules, online multiplayer is coming as well. And it's permanently $20 now, even digital.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Palmtree Panic posted:

i got bored with it after a couple of hours and sold it. i'd pay...$5 or so?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

It's so good. I never played it, originally, but played the remake and loved it. Ship combat? Cool! Sword fighting? Nice!

Wait.... There's DANCING TOO?!

I played the old C64 version which was cool, didn't particularly like the 90s remake and then really liked the 2005-ish remake.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

I really enjoyed my time with it! It’s not a super long game but there’s enough variety to easily justify the 20 dollar tag. If you like arcade racers you won’t regret it IMO.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Wrestling Empire updates have been on fire. Today the new "roaming mode" finally brings you an open world to wrestle in. OPEN WORLD WRESTLING my goons

This game rules

I kinda just wanna keep hearing stories about it because I don't have time to make my own. But every time I read about it I'm :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
If its a serviceable brawler/fighter/wrestling game and 'roaming mode' adds more to do to it, I might jump on it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
He did it yall

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1502759252389208066?t=wZ5pR_81IY1jykCjHGkLrA&s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao king reg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

I kinda just wanna keep hearing stories about it because I don't have time to make my own. But every time I read about it I'm :allears:

I just tried a new character with roaming mode. The first thing that happened was I crapped my pants backstage in front of my dad. I got made fun of in the gym because of it. I wrestled my debut match and won, then went to sleep at the hotel. The next morning I awoke to my manager taking a poo poo in my hotel toilet. I got a telephone call in which an unknown enemy threatened my life. Then, a stranger burst through my door and we wrestled furiously. I body slammed him into the sink and then he had me in a headlock. My manager sat on the can, watching. My alarm went off, my wrestling match was soon! I fought out of the headlock, kicked my assailant in the crotch and then ran out the door. I didn't want to be late for work!

Morter posted:

If its a serviceable brawler/fighter/wrestling game and 'roaming mode' adds more to do to it, I might jump on it.

It's mdickie so you have to love janky N64 wrestling games to enjoy it. It's completely absurd and very much in the spirit of pro wrestling

Rodney The Yam II fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 13, 2022