Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I had a premonition that the Texans are gonna draft Malik Willis and get their Deshaun Watson at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Play posted:

I had a premonition that the Texans are gonna draft Malik Willis and get their Deshaun Watson at home

As long as it ain't Deshaun in the bedroom

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ozymandius1024 posted:

As long as it ain't Deshaun in the bedroom on the massage table

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Come on indict him

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1501308080646234114

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Will we hear about what’s presented to the grand jury or is that gonna be kept behind closed doors?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Will we hear about what’s presented to the grand jury or is that gonna be kept behind closed doors?

Not unless someone does something they really shouldn't as I understand things, grand jury stuff is supposed to stay sealed I believe?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Not unless someone does something they really shouldn't as I understand things, grand jury stuff is supposed to stay sealed I believe?

I think it’s supposed to be because it would prejudice the public toward an alleged felon if the DA can’t prove that there’s enough evidence to even get to a trial but their case still got out.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

I don’t care that it’s happening to Watson but this seems kind of hosed up for the justice system to be able to do

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

indigi posted:

I don’t care that it’s happening to Watson but this seems kind of hosed up for the justice system to be able to do

Oh word the system is rigged? Who would have thunk it. Good thing he can pay millions to lawyers. Shame about the millions that can’t and he will probably get off with nothing of consequence.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 10, 2022

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

indigi posted:

Yeah that does seem kind of hosed up. gently caress Watson and all, but that seems problematic. Doesn't feel like it should be legal

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
They agreed back in July Watson would be deposed for the civil cases by the end of February and it's March and he still hasn't been on any of the either civil or criminal cases.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheFantasyPT/status/1502250062776344576?t=SslR6nhFJfDT5ZuBlTYkpg&s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

All this speculation goes up in smoke the second if it’s announced that he’s being criminally indicted.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fingers crossed but he’s a rich guy in America so we know how that goes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So did anything happen yet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The grand jury met to consider evidence (no decision yet), and elsewhere he pled the 5th to some depositions

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/status/1502396284384301057

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Welp

https://twitter.com/sarahbarshop/status/1502397328292028416

Play
Apr 25, 2006

:aaaaa:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So o/u 8:00pm EST tonight he’s traded and signed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rape who ya want, says US justice system to wealthy man

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
What the actual gently caress.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
loving hell.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Gross

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

So are they going to flip the whole package they just got for Russ?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Disgusting. Please, please, please don't let him become a Panther.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm not surprised but man is it disgusting

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I am vaguely forced to wonder if the prosecution threw the case given some of the serious bullshit grand juries have indicted people for before and what we know of this case

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Hell of a weekend news dump. Also schefty getting dragged for this

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1502399203007471616?s=21

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He should. He has no shame in his ability to carry water for literally anyone.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah that framing can only be born of either 1) completely not understanding the legal process 2) having it fed to you by Deshaun Watson's lawyer directly, in combination with 1) keeping you from recognizing it as bullshit, or 3) just being a scumfucker who'll do anything for the jocks to keep talking to him

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

He should. He has no shame in his ability to carry water for literally anyone.

Yep.

As someone else posted in the NV thread:

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1502408750954647556?t=OJtyi7nlHj8FHSOxEP2Qow&s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well, the scandal has wrapped up, the Texans franchise has basically wrapped up, I think we’re done here with this thread.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Famous rich guy picks victims who are especially vulnerable assuming they can't fight back and it works like a charm

murica

e: the league can still get involved with suspensions, but only like 6 games or something?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 12, 2022

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The only positive from this for me is now there are no obstacles for him to gently caress off from the Texans forever. Get off my team you rapist.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

General Dog posted:

Well, the scandal has wrapped up, the Texans franchise has basically wrapped up, I think we’re done here with this thread.

Wouldn't mind getting back to the Easterby stuff. Could go for another video of hackneyed regional accent pseudo humor.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

the league can still get involved with suspensions

This is maybe the least likely result left now

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Prepare yourselves for maybe one oblique mention of “facing some questions during the off-season” on his first national broadcast back and then never hearing about it again. Goondolonces to whoever ends up with this shitheel on their team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Prepare yourselves for maybe one oblique mention of “facing some questions during the off-season” on his first national broadcast back and then never hearing about it again. Goondolonces to whoever ends up with this shitheel on their team.

"went through adversity"

"distractions"