Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I’ve liked waids run on things though samnees art really helped enhance the experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Stroker Ace posted:

Zdarsky’s current Daredevil is very good. Not Bendis’ level, but worth reading. Nothing will top the Wake Up storyline with David Mack for me though.

i liked the zdarsky stuff up until the venom(king in black???) crossover, hasn't been good since. the current big crossover thing is pretty rubbish. devil's reign???

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i liked the zdarsky stuff up until the venom(king in black???) crossover, hasn't been good since. the current big crossover thing is pretty rubbish. devil's reign???

I just caught up to it and haven’t started the crossover. Had high hopes for it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For real summons in Elden Ring make you feel like this

https://twitter.com/JoeLongBalls/status/1501997130654834690

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I dunno if it's the best, but I do know James Robinson's Starman run is one of the precious few I go back and re-read every few years.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Garth Ennis' "Hellblazer: Rake at the Gates of Hell" has the greatest opening of any comic, ever.

It's just an all black page, with just a single caption box in the center. And in the caption box it reads "If anyone wants to pray for him, now's the time."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i call em chronic books

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mary Worth

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Just picked up NK Jemisin’s Far Sector. I’m not a huge DC guy but she is a brilliant writer so I’m looking forward to it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Cavauro posted:

i call em chronic books

only if they print them on rolling papers

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Started up the Diablo 2 remaster, my inner 12 year old is so happy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mine bought the remaster twice. stupid little prickola

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Davros1 posted:

Garth Ennis' "Hellblazer: Rake at the Gates of Hell" has the greatest opening of any comic, ever.

It's just an all black page, with just a single caption box in the center. And in the caption box it reads "If anyone wants to pray for him, now's the time."

Hellblazer fuckin rules and Constantine canonically dated King Shark.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m mad and sad about various stuff

I feel like I need a vacation but it’s not possible right now

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

I’m mad and sad about various stuff

I feel like I need a vacation but it’s not possible right now

The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight, you should go and see him it will cheer you up!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CarlCX posted:

I dunno if it's the best, but I do know James Robinson's Starman run is one of the precious few I go back and re-read every few years.

Not a lot of people read this run, but everyone who did wanted to become a comic brook writer/artist.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I have a hard time reading Marvel comics especially because everyone has known each other for fifty odd years and I feel like they should just all be in a big shared trauma group six days a week. I can occasionally dip into a good storyline though. The Immortal Hulk is sensational horror.

Bendis’s Daredevil is super good.

I really liked Snyder’s Batman run and also Tom King’s. Really liked Omega Men and Mr. Miracle (hey it’s superheroes dealing with trauma!).

I also endorse reading outside of the big two. I loved loved loved The Black Monday Murders—an explanation of why capitalism is so insidious and evil in the form of a noir. I also recently read a lot of Lazarus just one right after another, thought it was tops.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 11, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jeff Smith's Bone is my favorite western comic. Much better than any superhero thing I've read.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Florida took my utterance as a challenge and is trying to drown me.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lid posted:

All superhero stories are second to Bendis' Daredevil and Brubakers' Captain America.

Bendis isn't even in the top 5 daredevil writers, one of whom is already mentioned in this post.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I read a horror comics called Stray Dogs based off of a G4 recommendation. It justified the recommendation and the art style really made things off putting.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I Before E posted:

Bendis isn't even in the top 5 daredevil writers, one of whom is already mentioned in this post.

No one has posted about Kevin Smith

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bendis, donedat

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bendis is very bad lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My favorite comic writer is Gary Larson of the far side extended universe.

does anyone else have face blindness but for names like names of people ive known since forever i’m either constantly forgetting or worried that what I think their name is is wrong

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think my favorite superhero comic is Mark Gruenwald's 12-issue Squadron Supreme series from the mid 80's. Right before Watchmen, covers some similar ideas in a very different way. Don't read the "Death of a Universe" one-shot sequel.

It's a blank canvas DC analogue world where Batman is president and a recent alien invasion has really hosed up America. Things keep building off of that in ways I wouldn't want to spoil, but this comic has a little bit of everything I love about comics.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

I think my favorite superhero comic is Mark Gruenwald's 12-issue Squadron Supreme series from the mid 80's. Right before Watchmen, covers some similar ideas in a very different way. Don't read the "Death of a Universe" one-shot sequel.

It's a blank canvas DC analogue world where Batman is president and a recent alien invasion has really hosed up America. Things keep building off of that in ways I wouldn't want to spoil, but this comic has a little bit of everything I love about comics.

That's a really good one, sadly overlooked these days.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Im not a fan of Bendis’ DC work really but I feel like he had a great stretch and I’ll always love Powers. His old message board was a great place when I was in college, back when the internet was kind of good.

I sincerely wish Hickman would finish Black Monday Murders. I think it’s his best work and highly recommend it, if you’re okay with unfinished things.

Jeff Lemire’s Ascender/Descender series are great if you like space opera and fantasy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Jeff Smith's Bone is my favorite western comic. Much better than any superhero thing I've read.

Was playing Elden Ring recently and getting very mad at the stupid, stupid rat things :argh:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Shard01464880/status/1502429725062578179

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Was playing Elden Ring recently and getting very mad at the stupid, stupid rat things :argh:

The loving crow T Rex’s are insanely hard. I can’t even kill one I just flee in fear from them.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

The loving crow T Rex’s are insanely hard. I can’t even kill one I just flee in fear from them.

I just beat Sellen's quest...sadness O' sadness

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bosses that are a gigantic bird are horrific. let me just say that I'm being TheGenuineOne from the IWC when i speak aloud this truth: i'd rather fight a different boss!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Eat My Fuc posted:

I saw them and I left the zone and I haven't been back since because they look too scary

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

I saw them and I left the zone and I haven't been back since because they look too scary

I found a giant that had tentacles for a face

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

I found a giant that had tentacles for a face

I got to Altus Plateau yesterday and found a gravesite with some tall rear end creepy thing with what looked like 1000 worms for a face and I was not happy about it at all!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

a soulslike game but its just you running terror from your job

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I got to Altus Plateau yesterday and found a gravesite with some tall rear end creepy thing with what looked like 1000 worms for a face and I was not happy about it at all!

That's the one. Then I found a forest with like 50 of the bastards walking around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i killed wormface last night by kiting using rotten breath :cthulhu: