Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Hyper Inferno posted:

You can buy out the shop each week if you do both guardian raids, chaos dungeon runs, and a race win or lose every day during the event. This is for all three tiers of materials too, so if you don't need a tier you can do less.

I don't like that you cannot buy tiers above your current character. Right now, my ability to get into tier 3 is subject to RNG, and I will feel odious if I cannot get tier 3 by the end of weekly reset to get all the tier 3 mats from the event shop before the weekly reset.

edit: Wow, there is no longer a queue for Mari. Looking at steamchart, looks like 200k players on peak times just get shaved off within the last day. I guess Argos announcement did not bode well for those players.

Flair fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

explosivo posted:

This is sorta what I'm trying to get at, there's a subscription type thing with the Crystalline Aura but the bonuses from it aren't so great that you're missing out by not having it.
On the contrary; the bonuses from Crystalline Aura are absolutely worth it, even more so considering it only costs like 3-4k gold for a month's worth right now, and you can make 3-4k gold pretty easy in a couple hours max even at tier 2.

If you don't have anything better to do, go run Rohendel/Yorn/Feiton dungeons for rare & epic collectible items for the adventure tome. Even the common items sell for 20+ gold, and the rares and epics sell for 200-500 gold right now. I got the epic Yorn item off a world drop and it sells for over 2k.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012

Flair posted:

Looking at steamchart, looks like 200k players on peak times just get shaved off within the last day. I guess Argos announcement did not bode well for those players.

It’s probably bots that had to shut down while they retool their strategy. Apparently they figured out how to get 540 gold from mission rewards/rapport within the first 3 hrs of creating a new character. The new patch removed all those gold rewards.

Poor bot writers will have to figure out something else now (and they probably will)…

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well, it didn't, and judging by the people standing around me when and after the countdown went off, it didn't for them either.

There's a bug on a bunch of servers were the event shows up on the odd hours instead of the even ones that all the text (and the in-game alarm system) claims.

No I have no idea how they managed to break it like that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jabor posted:

There's a bug on a bunch of servers were the event shows up on the odd hours instead of the even ones that all the text (and the in-game alarm system) claims.

Oh, maybe that's it then. Guess I'll see in 20m.

e: lol nevermind, surprise patch made me miss it

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 11, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

100% in Yudia. Now I have a big white bug.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

whydirt posted:

The first four regions on Luterra island before you get the ship are dreadfully boring, so anything that can be done to compress the time spent there would be great.

I think I gotta jump to the defense of Luterra.

Sure, it's standard high fantasy fare: boy king, big bad demon army, knights and mages, stalwart hero...etc. But it's well executed and gives the player 2 huge battles, unlikely anything in similar hack'n slay mmos. It's not overly creative, but still executes well known fantasy tropes in a decent manner. And there's a funny twist to it, with all the story npcs killstealing the big bads, which can only be a trollish prank by the writers.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The issue I ran into with the grand prix yesterday was I had to swap back to the character I did the original "yes I will grand prix" conversation with 90m before, since my character in another city went over and there were no NPCs or anything at the marked location there.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Hammerstein posted:

Sure, it's standard high fantasy fare: boy king, big bad demon army, knights and mages, stalwart hero...etc. But it's well executed and gives the player 2 huge battles, unlikely anything in similar hack'n slay mmos. It's not overly creative, but still executes well known fantasy tropes in a decent manner. And there's a funny twist to it, with all the story npcs killstealing the big bads, which can only be a trollish prank by the writers.

It's also worth having something to ground the game in before it escalates to the weird territory it gets into later. But it is a bit long, imo.

Unrelated: most worthwhile Bifrost locations? Only at T1 currently.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SkyeAuroline posted:

It's also worth having something to ground the game in before it escalates to the weird territory it gets into later. But it is a bit long, imo.

Unrelated: most worthwhile Bifrost locations? Only at T1 currently.

Shurhire is a good one so you don't have to sail through the ice to go up north and I have one on Rohendel so you have quick access to the west side of the map in a pinch.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My bifrosts and home points are a mix of continents and islands where I have Una tasks or rapports lined up. So my Soulfist has home in Luterra (for easy access to the entire starter continent), Totoryk, Anikka and Lullaby Island, and my bard has home in Vern and bifrosts in Shushire and Toto Silver island (and soon Rohendel when I stop being lazy).

Don't overlook the value of ocean liners for getting around either between major points of call, with aura it's basically the same cost as a bifrost use.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I put all of my bifrosts at Port Krona in North Vern since that ocean liner seems to go to every other continent in one step.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Can you put multiple bifrosts in the same map?

Also is there a reason to place all the awnings I'm building for stronghold xp? Like is there some kind of bonus for filling out the island with random structures?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have one set to lullaby Island because it’s quick for lumber / ore and there’s plenty of it

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

explosivo posted:

Can you put multiple bifrosts in the same map?

Also is there a reason to place all the awnings I'm building for stronghold xp? Like is there some kind of bonus for filling out the island with random structures?

This is something I wondered too. Are those island points for structures for anything? or just a limit on how much poo poo you can put on your stronghold?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
lmao, I literally just realized that I had free up bifrost slots but never registered or used it because I assumed that I would get a Adventurer's Guide notification when it was unlocked for me.

By the way, am I progressing right? I skipped Arthetine when I hit 50 to head to North Vern to open Chaos Dungeons, popped back to finish Arthetine , and now I've completely skipped Shushire to go to Rohendel because I'm MSQ gated on Chaos Dungeons again.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Should be fine, just if you actually care about plot spoilers for Arthetine or Shushire, run those before you use a powerpass.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lost Ark Update to Top Issues - March 11

tldr still banning bots, other fixes / changes

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Top Issues March:

No Lance Master.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

DurosKlav posted:

Top Issues March:

No Lance Master Scouter.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Lost Ark Update to Top Issues - March 11

tldr still banning bots, other fixes / changes

spear

LADY

WHEN

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Good Citizen posted:

spear

LADY

WHEN

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Please make the 2nd tank class a dude with a two handed axe so I can recreate my ff14 character thanks

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Sorry 2h axes are forbidden.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Lt. Lizard posted:

Sorry 2h axes are forbidden.

Shut the gently caress up

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Jabor posted:

I'm 90% sure this is just people trying to look for the portal based on their own time and not the server's time.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
There was some mixup between daylight savings time and non daylight savings time.

I hit 1100 so I'm going do to Punika story tonight and hopefully be able to get into t3 by the end of this week through Chaos Dungeon RNG.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I got incredibly lucky and managed to one try the rest of my +14 gear to +15 and reached T3! Its funny how you went from all serious demons, death, darkness to tropical paradise and Lailai.

Are we going on a musical adventure everywhere we go?

On another note this is the T3 blue outfit for sorceress.

I liked the adventure outfit for T2 but this is ok too. I like it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

YES bread posted:

I'm 90% sure this is just people trying to look for the portal based on their own time and not the server's time.

In my case the event alarms also said it was on 'even hours' but it's on odd. It's a fun little event though even if I can't make use of almost any rewards (hat aside) because I'm only 500.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

In my case the event alarms also said it was on 'even hours' but it's on odd. It's a fun little event though even if I can't make use of almost any rewards (hat aside) because I'm only 500.

Did you check through the other tabs? Outside the hat, there is honing materials, sea coins, and a few other things you can still nab. I'm also ilevel 500ish right now. But was still useful to just dump out all the other things.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Did you check through the other tabs? Outside the hat, there is honing materials, sea coins, and a few other things you can still nab. I'm also ilevel 500ish right now. But was still useful to just dump out all the other things.

Yeah, I took some task tickets so I can enable myself to be extra lazy at least

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Finally got my grabby hands on the chaos dung T3 cube ticket drop. A quick cross-server matchmake, a few favorable modifiers later and my main's one plat chest richer.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, I took some task tickets so I can enable myself to be extra lazy at least

I grabbed these as well then couldn’t figure out how to use them. Turns out they only work on dailies you’ve done before and I’ve only ever done the weekly PvP/chaos/guardian ones because I’ve got enough chores in my life thank you very much. Oh well.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

If you don't have anything better to do, go run Rohendel/Yorn/Feiton dungeons for rare & epic collectible items for the adventure tome. Even the common items sell for 20+ gold, and the rares and epics sell for 200-500 gold right now. I got the epic Yorn item off a world drop and it sells for over 2k.

Did you find results similar to this? Looks like it's heavy RNG. Do you usually gather the mats yourself or buy them? Any preference to the maps you run?

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/t8we9s/psa_treasure_maps_are_not_worth_doing/

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

I definitely agree, the two big fights make up for the dull story.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

GTJustin posted:

Did you find results similar to this? Looks like it's heavy RNG. Do you usually gather the mats yourself or buy them? Any preference to the maps you run?

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/t8we9s/psa_treasure_maps_are_not_worth_doing/

Not treasure map dungeons, actual story dungeons. I have no idea if different modes have different drop rates, but the epic tome collectible was dropping on maybe 45% of my runs on the last Feiton dungeon in hard mode matchmaking. The dungeon takes about 10 minutes and the tome was selling between 400 & 500 gold. Also got rare collectible drops maybe 1/3 of the time that sold for 200ish, and 2-3 commons each run that sold between 20-40 each.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Got to tier 3 officially with my 2 daily chaos dungeon runs. Now to see what all these gold generation dailies people are talking about.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The gold people are talking about in t3 comes from selling unbound materials.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I recommend doing only one chaos dungeon a day and sending crew to do the other (except for times like right now when there's event coins), they have a better chance of getting a cube ticket than you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

As a new player, I think that people calling for an FFXIV-style gutting of the start of the game are probably seeing things a bit through jaded lenses. I've just completed the Lastra Forest dungeon, and honestly the pacing has been fine, apart from some self-inflicted dicking around to get area completion for places I wanted the 50% reward from.

You're levelling at a steady enough clip that you're unlocking skills pretty regularly at this point, and having that time to play around with combos and see what feels fun to you has been important for me. The plot is actually not as bad as I've seen people complain about, especially if you do the sidequests and early rapport stuff that provides a bit more context. Also, this is probably the first time I've seen MMO sidequests be considerate to my time as a player, and from a kmmo that's a real shock. Everything's on a pretty streamlined route, and it's just a cruisy kind of vibe.

I get that if you're on your 4th or 5th alt you're sick of slamming G through the cutscenes, but that seems like a systems tweaking issue, not a content one. GW2 handles this pretty well, by rewarding a bunch of stuff you do with levelling tomes. Admittedly, the world is big enough and not on rails that you can do different zones levelling your alts, but spending any time at max level means collecting a bunch of free levels that you can just throw at your next class you want to max.

I can't see how trimming what little fat that remains from the new player experience would improve anything, but I can definitely see it making things worse.