Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Haven't been to England, but in Scotland I had a few proper ales poured via hand-pump/beer engine that weren't as cold as the American palate would stereotypically prefer

and they were excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like my beer pipin hot, like coffee

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFNLidNxis

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I could see something malty like a stout being quite nice warm. Like mulled wine

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

much like how children invent imaginary friends as a way of dealing with trauma, terminally online americans have invented a fantasy version of the uk that’s even worse than their own hellscape

The dumb part is that ale is traditionally served at cellar temperature, which is anywhere between like 4 and 10 celcius. It's not "warm", and it's nearly always colder than ambient, but compared to the -20 celcius ice crystal infuses Coors that Americans drink, yes, relatively speaking it's "warm"

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Just lol if you think warm beer and questionable food are what makes the UK into a hellscape, and not its myriad other issues.

Hollow Talk has a new favorite as of 12:01 on Mar 12, 2022

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I had English taco bell the other day, and that is not great. Imagine bland, bad Mexican food eaten on a decaying grey high street in the rain. Still better than Chiquitos though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

europeans are defined, as a group, by their hatred of the Roma

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Hollow Talk posted:

Just lol if you think warm beer and questionable food are what makes the UK into a hellscape, and not it's myriad other issues.

I wish the Americans cosplaying as """"""""Europeans"""""""" would just shut up

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

I Love Annie May posted:

I wish the Americans cosplaying as """"""""Europeans"""""""" would just shut up

:confused:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bogmonster posted:

I had English taco bell the other day, and that is not great. Imagine bland, bad Mexican food eaten on a decaying grey high street in the rain. Still better than Chiquitos though.

Good to know that there are some constants in this world

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

europeans are defined, as a group, by their hatred of the Roma

Beautiful

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Hollow Talk posted:

Just lol if you think warm beer and questionable food are what makes the UK into a hellscape, and not its myriad other issues.

both of these are English but ok

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you can't be serious

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

alexandriao posted:

both of these are English but ok
huge, if true

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tbh erasure of the identity of the scottish, welsh, and whatever the other one is, is right and proper

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

and my personal favourite

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

tbh erasure of the identity of the scottish, welsh, and whatever the other one is, is right and proper

🖕

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

hawowanlawow posted:

you can't be serious

No one's bleeding from a unprovoked glass wound, so it's not Scotland.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I know that's just a green onion

But leeks are 100% a scam unless you're also gonna make stock out of the almost all of it that isn't meant to be consumed.

I regularly make vegan meals for myself with zucchini and/or mushrooms, with prepped onion, shallot, and/or green bell pepper that I've diced up and frozen well in advance

there was vichyssoise chat recently in one thread or another so I figured gently caress it, I'll gently caress with a leek and see what's up

the leek is just a boring type of onion, disgraceful

king oyster mushrooms are also not worth the effort imo but I'm gonna give them another chance with the "vegan scallops" preparation

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

FFT posted:

But leeks are 100% a scam unless you're also gonna make stock out of

lol are you not doing that or??? Literally everyone does here. Why would you not save vegetable water and trimmings to make stock with??? vegetable stocks are super loving cool because thats where literally all the nutrients go when you boil vegetables.

FFT posted:

the almost all of it that isn't meant to be consumed.

lol are you not using the entire leek or??????

Also it's a French recipe so of course it discards like half of the things you use to make it including all of the nutrients value. lol. lmao. French cuisine sucks worse than anything you can buy in London

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

imagine buying ingredients and literally throwing half of them away?? i???????? is this what rich people do or

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

alexandriao posted:

imagine buying ingredients and literally throwing half of them away?? i???????? is this what rich people do or
If I'd bought multiple leeks maybe I'd have made a stock

One leek? Lesson learned.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

it's because they are all sexually attracted to guns and paying enormous amounts for medical care, op

I told you this fetish in confidence!

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Enjoyed the Welsh content until it created another loving food derail

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

It's not lost on me that this was mere days after Trump lost

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Most right wing virtue signaling I at least understand, regardless of how dumb it is but more than a year on I still have no clue what the hell that dweeb was trying to say with that one.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

It's because most Americans like their Budweiser at like 33F so that you can't taste how lovely it is. The colder the better to disguise that it's garbage corn water beer.

All beer is garbage.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Y'all don't boil your beer?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

FFT posted:

I know that's just a green onion

But leeks are 100% a scam unless you're also gonna make stock out of the almost all of it that isn't meant to be consumed.

I regularly make vegan meals for myself with zucchini and/or mushrooms, with prepped onion, shallot, and/or green bell pepper that I've diced up and frozen well in advance

there was vichyssoise chat recently in one thread or another so I figured gently caress it, I'll gently caress with a leek and see what's up

the leek is just a boring type of onion, disgraceful

king oyster mushrooms are also not worth the effort imo but I'm gonna give them another chance with the "vegan scallops" preparation

I sometimes use leeks in something like Ma Po tofu, and they are great, also a leek and potato bake, whith a whitish wine sauce and thin cut new potato's, just winter comfort food.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In the UK they have a special kitchen tool to skin eels, and another to hate Polish immigrants. Can you imagine?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

staberind posted:

I sometimes use leeks in something like Ma Po tofu, and they are great, also a leek and potato bake, whith a whitish wine sauce and thin cut new potato's, just winter comfort food.
I believe you.

But if I ever actually make vichyssoise in the future I'm just gonna use white onion instead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Paladinus posted:

In the UK they have a special kitchen tool to skin eels, and another to hate Polish immigrants. Can you imagine?

Careful, you're gonna get chastised for anglophobia

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Careful, you're gonna get chastised for anglophobia

A healthy amount of fear of the English is a good thing. At first they seem charming enough, with their warm beer and bad teeth. But then next thing you know they're moving in, stealing all your stuff, your money has the queen on it, and Lord Bumfuck of Beansontoast is demolishing your house to make way for a new cricket pitch or something.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

alexandriao posted:

Literally everyone does here. Why would you not save vegetable water and trimmings to make stock with??? vegetable stocks are super loving cool because thats where literally all the nutrients go when you boil vegetables.
I'm happy for you, but this paragraph is wrong. No to boiled vegetables and no to "vegetable stock".

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

#1: We'll all go, "Wow, it sure is unseasonably warm, here in November 2021!"

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
"Royal family conducts gender reveal party"

Now I have to post some more of these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

what's the deal with ice in Europe? it's important and you guys are backwards for not stocking it in every restaurant and putting it in every drink (besides beer and wine)
I like not putting my body in hypothermic shock when I hydrate :colbert: