Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

my dearest apologies that post is way less creepy if you get the joke

e: my most disgusting and shameful snipe ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i assumed you were very excited about benedict cumberbatch

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
oh well nvm then you were 100% right the whole time
e: spodermon nwh spoiers srythey left emo peter parker out but they gave us emo dr strange i love it

Pac and Cheese fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 12, 2022

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mac and Cheese posted:

i can't believe marvel actually made a good movie. that's the proper way to do fanservice. when the juggernaut says "i'm the juggernaut bitch" that's cheap fanservice

Bold of you to assume there is such a thing as "proper" fanservice.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it's impolite no matter what but the least they can do is make it a little less rude

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The plot of NWH is bafflingly bad when you think about it for more than a second.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The plot of NWH is bafflingly bad when you think about it for more than a second.

I know right how would a radioactive spidder bite give you the powers of a spider? I makes no sense I hope someone got fired for that blunder

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mac and Cheese posted:

triple post i really gotta get me some dark strange

same tbh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pretty good mirror-universe-but-not-really episode of Picard. Can't go wrong with a mirror universe episode.

Unfortunately, the show is hurtling toward 2024, where I'm sure it'll fall apart fast.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Unfortunately, the show is hurtling toward 2024, where I'm sure it'll fall apart fast.

Same

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm waiting for the Stevie Nicks biopic where they can't use her music so they have to spend 2 hours just going over her life as a witch.

This would unironically own.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Can we really hold that against anything at this point

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/starwars_chars/status/1502643086945488897?s=20&t=hjk_VbUe3XFOOWo8AJBzpg

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Ruh roh shaggy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the sheer genius of coming up with an alien name by taking a normal name and reversing it, then calling the alien by both names

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sh’Aggy was a force-sensitive scoundrel who hunted for ancient Sith ghost artifacts. He was known for debunking several supposed Sith ghosts by deactivating their holo-masks

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah, that's me, Yrrej Bo'na, but you can also call me Jerry

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

poisonpill posted:

Sh’Aggy was a force-sensitive scoundrel who hunted for ancient Sith ghost artifacts. He was known for debunking several supposed Sith ghosts by deactivating their holo-masks

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

poisonpill posted:

You joke but the original clone wars cartoon legit had a Shaggy shout out jedi called Sha'gi. He's the guy who gets pulped by Grievous in the last episode before Grievous becomes a coughing wheezing Dracula bitchbot

Edit: yes that guy above

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I watched Turning Red last night. It was really good, which is what I expected, but I'm not sure how I feel about getting old enough for directors to make period piece movies about my own generation's adolescence (it's about a 13 year old in 2002).

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

why the long face

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

everyone understandably wanted to gently caress the bunny so disney had to memory hole it lest we all kill ourselves in desperation, hoping perhaps that the next life will not be so cruel as to make something so perfect yet so unattainable

https://youtu.be/z5qLgL-E7uY

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Calaveron posted:

You joke but the original clone wars cartoon legit had a Shaggy shout out jedi called Sha'gi. He's the guy who gets pulped by Grievous in the last episode before Grievous becomes a coughing wheezing Dracula bitchbot

Edit: yes that guy above

Why is everything so stupid all the time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

poisonpill posted:

Why is everything so stupid all the time

Star Wars

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Star wars? No thank.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Cubone posted:

I went looking for this segment not expecting anyone to remember it let alone have uploaded it to the yoots. Allah smiles upon us on this day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnSp8MVw0Bc&t=440s

Billy Joel was getting into a lot of car accidents around this time (three in two years! zounds)
it's still the first thing I think of whenever anybody mentions him

Bless you, sir. Look out, here comes Billy Joel has also been the first thing I think of since I saw that episode in the breakroom at work.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thats just the way it is

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I kept trying to think of what other music biopic couldn't get the rights to the music and turned into a complete bomb, came up with Janis Joplin, then realized that wasn't a movie, it was a storyline in 30 Rock.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/rebfive/status/1502275453368868867?s=21

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The Buddy Holly Story is probably my favorite music biopic. If you don't remember this one it it's notable for having (oscar nominated!) Gary Busey in the lead role and he sings all the songs and basically knocks it out of the park with a 10/10 performance. It's kind of nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wj_BeE63gI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

🎵 Ooh wee ooh I look just like Gary Busey
Oh oh and you're Mary Tyler Moore 🎵

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

In one expanded universe book, Nagem Dr'Lar crossed paths with Jabba the Hutt. Jabba demanded a tribute from Nagem to permit leaving Tatooine and after hearing the sum, Nagem became visibly flustered. Jabba asked "Why the long face?" which caused Salacious Crumb to laugh loudly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wait I thought the Selonians were the space otters that Han Solo punched.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I watched Turning Red last night. It was really good, which is what I expected, but I'm not sure how I feel about getting old enough for directors to make period piece movies about my own generation's adolescence (it's about a 13 year old in 2002).

It’s even worse when those period pieces are looking back to a time when you were already an adult.

Turning Red was really good. It may be the most Canadian movie since Strange Brew. Also, between it and Encanto, Disney seems to be on a big “complicated matriarch antagonist” kick.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LanceHunter posted:

It’s even worse when those period pieces are looking back to a time when you were already an adult.

Turning Red was really good. It may be the most Canadian movie since Strange Brew. Also, between it and Encanto, Disney seems to be on a big “complicated matriarch antagonist” kick.

Yeah it’s interesting how the big bad seems to be “intergenerational trauma”. It’s really been an interesting trend away from villain characters to just concepts (inside out and soul as well).

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Young Mike on the left wearing his Milwaukee shirt before a D&D session.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Thought it was shia labeouf

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

he looks so much like a kid i knew but with goofier hair it's eerie

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

lobsterminator posted:

Young Mike on the left wearing his Milwaukee shirt before a D&D session.

New season of Stranger Things looking unexpectedly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

boo hoo pay your actors more