Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

Watching newlegacy stream it and go "this is actually okay" has been really, really weird.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much of it's on its own merits or on just how badly and how recently 2K20 lowered their expectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think its extremely funny that their solution to the problem of playing CAWs online causing horrible load times due to everyone having to load the custom decal textures was to make it so the custom decal textures don't work online lol

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm certainly leery of the fact that nobody is talking about the PS4/XBone version and that the PC version is more on that level instead of the current gen stuff.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just realized, wasn't snoop supposed to be in this game? i remember his licensing being a point of contention after he did his aew appearance

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Could be that the dlc-packs have unannounced characters that are revealed shortly before they're released (for extra visibility).

Wasn't there some other celebrities that were supposed to be in?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kennel posted:

Could be that the dlc-packs have unannounced characters that are revealed shortly before they're released (for extra visibility).

Wasn't there some other celebrities that were supposed to be in?

Machine Gun Kelly and Logan Paul are in one of the DLC packs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nextlander did a stream playing the game as well and it seemed not bad. I'm not going to pay anywhere near full price for this thing but if it ends up on super sale I'd consider it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think its a good $40 game and would not recommend spending more than that for the depth it gives you.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think its a good $40 game and would not recommend spending more than that for the depth it gives you.

I saw it advertised on the front page of the box store. Just Rey's face and the price tag of $99.99 and I just loled and loled.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hope everyone who got it is enjoying it. I just can't buy WWE stuff anymore. It's like the one line in the sand I have for evil companies. They'll make all the money in the world despite me but it makes me fee a little better not giving them a cent.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'll get it on sale. Don't buy 2K sports games at full price out of spite and they go on deep sales shorty and WWE games always go on a good sale. Don't need the dlc, the roster is trash.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
22 is a huge step up from 20 just in gameplay. If all you wanna do with these games is play career mode or showcase mode and do random matches and such it's fine for that. I haven't touched GM Mode but I was never a huge fan of it to begin with and apparently this one is really bare bones compared to the old games.

If you play WWE games for the custom content, then absolutely don't buy the game yet. Even after the patches all the Create-A-Whatever modes are broken and crash constantly. If you want to make characters right now you basically have to go in, add one piece of clothing, then immediately back and out save cause the game will crash after 2 or 3 minutes no matter what you do. Apparently similar things happen in Universe Mode.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

One of the problems for me is that as much as I like some wrestlers in WWE, the product is so lovely that I barely even want to play as those wrestlers in a game. If I were doing online play or had friends who were into wrestling and wanted to play locally it'd be different.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I just started WWE2K20 and I want to do a com vs com match. I've seen people do it on YouTube but no matter what button I press it won't let me. Do I need to do a custom match or something?

Edit: I figured it out and it's stupid as hell

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 12, 2022

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Elephant Ambush posted:

I figured it out and it's stupid as hell
new thread title

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
lmao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

frankenfreak posted:

new thread title

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Wow this game runs slow as hell on my pc. I even lowered the resolution, turned off all special effects, and lowered the crowd to 50 but it's still like molasses. A cpu vs cpu match takes forever. Is there a mod to fix this?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Do you have steam open? Sometimes that makes games run correctly

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
got through MITB in universe, 7 opponents all stood silently staring at otis as he slowly took down the briefcase, great.

got some really good singles matches on legend changing these sliders:
stamina cost: 75
stamina recovery: 25
(these dont seem to change ai behavior at all, not sure stamina is even still a thing)

stun recovery: 15

rollout freq: 40
rollout duration: 60
(havent seen ai ever use this)

stun gain: 75
stun duration: 75
vitality cooldown: 85
vitality regen: 15

and always edit every match options to change finisher and signature to slow

the problem right now with tag matches is the illegal partner is no longer affected by fatigue, so they always break up a pin at full speed nomatter how hurt they are.
this is doubly a problem with intergender tags, as the male partner only needs to step into the ring to break up a pin and the female partner cannot be knocked off the apron

diving attacks seem to be having extremely buggy hit detection at times, completely missing nomatter the opponents placement
cpu cannot do any standing diving finishers, they just hop down

power rankings do not move at all, you have to do it yourself, and the insertion thing doesnt put your guy in the right place, so have fun with that.

ive had this 2 loving days and im already quite tired of just the little bullshit that pecks at you, like divisions arbitrarily not allowing you to adjust certain positions, or rivalries not loving ending, injuries dont work in MITB, the "pay extra to unlock everything" option doesnt unlock everything. gently caress it. im deleting this trash.

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 14, 2022

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I've been playing Pro Wrestling Sim for the past day. I've gotten through a few shows and have some initial impressions. First off, it's a lot slicker than TEW, both in appearance and how fast it runs. Those are the good things. The bad is that it's still early access. The structure is almost all there but the game side of it isn't so much. Running as a fantasy booker is fine, it'll let you do that, but the feedback you get from your decisions and the pro and con aspect of the choices you make don't feel like they have much of an impact. The other thing, according to the dev, is the focus has been so much on the game the default universe ain't great. So that'll mean you're running databases.

Once the crunchy part of a game is there, creating the ups and downs of running a company (the actual running a company is pretty barren as well) it could be very good for a wrestling booker game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Custom entrance themes aren't a thing anymore, are they?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Steve Vader posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSDHotel/status/1500132334686937095?s=20&t=0okHrGNVbGGkHNEp-AfXwg

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Steve Vader posted:

Not since the PS3

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Steve Vader posted:

Apparently they were one of the big features causing instability… though clearly not the only one

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXQMkQ71F_M

Someone's making a Wrestling RPG. Looks neat, weird that the main character seems to be a Macho Man parody when the goal of the game is to fight actual Macho Man.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that looks like rear end

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Guaranteed C&D on that one

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

none of those peoples' characters are owned by WWE so they probably got fairly cheap licensing deals. looks like booker t and jeff jarrett are in it. looks like a bad game

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Skybound isn't a tiny company (it's part of Image Comics), so presumably they paid for the likeness.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kennel posted:

Skybound isn't a tiny company (it's part of Image Comics), so presumably they paid for the likeness.
No, Skybound is an independent company published by Image Comics. But it's owned by Robert Kirkman, who has gobs of Walking Dead money, so yeah, it's probably above board.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

that looks like rear end

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Rhonne posted:

weird that the main character seems to be a Macho Man parody when the goal of the game is to fight actual Macho Man.

I’ll play it out of curiosity, but I can’t get over this part. It makes zero sense. You stole the gimmick of a legend and are now on a quest to defeat said legend. A hero’s journey if I’ve ever heard one.

The only thing I can think of is they were somehow contractually obligated to make the main character a Macho Man clone.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

why bother when you can play SLAMMED!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Fly Ricky posted:

I’ll play it out of curiosity, but I can’t get over this part. It makes zero sense. You stole the gimmick of a legend and are now on a quest to defeat said legend. A hero’s journey if I’ve ever heard one.

The only thing I can think of is they were somehow contractually obligated to make the main character a Macho Man clone.

The only reason I could think is that they didn't get the actual likeness rights until way later in development when it was too late to go back and change everything about the main character.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Basic Chunnel posted:

why bother when you can play SLAMMED!

Holy poo poo this rules. Purchased.

Please tell me it’s either epically good or epically bad before I waste the whole weekend on it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fly Ricky posted:

Please tell me it’s either epically good or epically bad before I waste the whole weekend on it.

It's pretty bonkers.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/1504595143520833538

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

you’d need to play it like 3-4 times at least if you’re planning to waste a whole weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fly Ricky posted:

It's great and one of the best choice of games hosted or original