Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

*Locks liquor cabinet*

I think something in a brown paper bag would be more your style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Biplane posted:

I hate alcohol but drat if I dont want to start drinking scotch on the rocks just to spite you.

It's 9:00 in the morning. Rock on, Biplane

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BiggerBoat posted:

It's 9:00 in the morning. Rock on, Biplane

It's 5 o clock somewhere!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's 5 o clock somewhere!
It's about to be 5 AM here :yeah:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
People who care about how other people drink their booze are almost as bad as people who care what phone you use.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Joey Freshwater posted:

People who care about how other people drink their booze are almost as bad as people who care what phone you use.

tbf it would be nice if more people started just slamming their booze and not being so fanciful about it but I recognize i just sound like a dick when I put this out there

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Love to get uptight about how people ingest something that's coming out as piss in the not too distant future :v:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Please refer to this previous post:

KozmoNaut posted:

Look, if you paid for it, you drink it however you like, disregard anyone who tut-tuts at you.

I'm only ever going to serve you the cheap nasty poo poo, if you truly intend on slamming it back or putting ice in it. My booze, my rules.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i like to water my whiskey down with vodka or gin and anyone who doesn't is history's greatest monster

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I drink exclusively everclear with corn syrup, anything else is bougie nonsense.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

KozmoNaut posted:

Please refer to this previous post:

I'm only ever going to serve you the cheap nasty poo poo, if you truly intend on slamming it back or putting ice in it. My booze, my rules.

How much booze have you supplied to the posters you're responding to?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Skrill.exe posted:

How much booze have you supplied to the posters you're responding to?

It's no bluff, we're hanging out right now and they started only serving me old crow

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Listen, the cause of this derail was my complaint about a movie character asking for a drink that didn't exist at the time regardless of how it was served.

Let's find something else to gripe about

Like Bond asking for a vodka martini shaken not stirred as if that's not how vodka martinis are made and have been made for decades

stringless has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Mar 12, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
In House of Gucci, all the actors had ridiculous Italian accents.

In The Last Duel, nobody had ridiculous French accents.

Stay consistent, Ridley Scott! :cmon:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh yeah drinking with a tedious snob my idea of a good time

Kick rocks nerd

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Can we do pizza next?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

FFT posted:

Like Bond asking for a vodka martini shaken not stirred as if that's not how vodka martinis are made and have been made for decades

Are you going to correct James Bond - a well-known murderous "secret" agent and raging alcoholic - on his drink choices?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Can we do pizza next?
mayonnaise pizza is the best

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

FFT posted:

https://youtu.be/6mQpFS0bhNk

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Just wanted to get this out before the whisky discussion ends

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
At this point any movie trailer that uses that bwaawwwhhhhh drone sound must be ironic or referencing something, right? It's like Never Gonna Give You Up being played straight, or waving a swastika around. The meaning has shifted.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

ookiimarukochan posted:

:bravo:

FFT posted:

Problem: as far as I can tell, the Beryozka Glide was invented in 1948 (by Nadezhda Nadezhdina). Ballet, correct. Timeline, way off. Obviously, this movie isn't trying to be historical, the primary villain's motives were already spoiled for me, but still, come on!

It was enough of a timeline fuckup that it's pulled me out of the movie for like half an hour trying to figure out how they hosed this up so badly

i really hope someone got fired for this blunder
I mean the movie has Gavrilo Princip, Stalin and Hitler working for the same Scottish mastermind :v:

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

FFT posted:

Listen, the cause of this derail was my complaint about a movie character asking for a drink that didn't exist at the time regardless of how it was served.

Let's find something else to gripe about

Believe it or not, but this has an historical basis. The idea was that shaken martinis would take longer to get you drunk, thus being the perfect choice for a functionally alcoholic spy.

Source: a half-remembered Lets Read on these fora.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ookiimarukochan posted:

How is it? I hope that's your own bottle.

If you're experimenting anyway, try some peated whisky in a sodastream, and do a Fizzy Ardbeg.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Oh no I can't drink this random whiney idiot's booze, my life is ruined

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

Oh no I can't drink this random whiney idiot's booze, my life is ruined
we've still got each other

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

We have finally found the one thing goons are not elitist about.

Still annoyingly loud about not being elitist though, so it's all good.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
why the gently caress would you "savor" booze, the only people that do that are alcoholics trying to look like they're not alcoholics. that poo poo is there to get you drunk, not to be enjoyed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Now let me tell you how to cook steak

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Believe it or not, but this has an historical basis. The idea was that shaken martinis would take longer to get you drunk, thus being the perfect choice for a functionally alcoholic spy.

Drinks that are nothing but spirits get stirred. Shaking melts more ice and dilutes the drink more, so Bond ordering his drink shaken means he wants something that’s just straight alcohol but wants it watered down for the same reason he thinks .32ACP is a potent round: Ian Fleming was a bit of a tosser.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

moonmazed posted:

why the gently caress would you "savor" booze, the only people that do that are alcoholics trying to look like they're not alcoholics. that poo poo is there to get you drunk, not to be enjoyed

In fact alcohol can taste good and you don't have to drink with the sole mission of getting shithoused.

gently caress, I activated your trap card.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

KozmoNaut posted:

How is it? I hope that's your own bottle.

If you're experimenting anyway, try some peated whisky in a sodastream, and do a Fizzy Ardbeg.

If I owned a SodaStream, I'd do this.

I mean, I was just going to mix it with sugar-free Dr Pepper anyway.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Phanatic posted:

Drinks that are nothing but spirits get stirred. Shaking melts more ice and dilutes the drink more, so Bond ordering his drink shaken means he wants something that’s just straight alcohol but wants it watered down for the same reason he thinks .32ACP is a potent round: Ian Fleming was a bit of a tosser.

In the books bond uses a .25acp Beretta, iirc

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Armacham posted:

In the books bond uses a .25acp Beretta, iirc

Until it malfunctions on him and they insist he replace it with the PPK, which Q describes as having a delivery “like a brick though a plate glass window,” which I guess it does if .25ACP is your reference point. But it’s still anemic af. Even the same PPK in .380 would have been a world of improvement.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Stopping power doesn't matter when you're the greatest marksman in the world and you score an instant kill heart shot every time

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

Stopping power doesn't matter when you're the greatest marksman in the world and you score an instant kill heart shot every time

And then you inexplicably keep shooting Jaws in the teeth.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

moonmazed posted:

This sounds like an alcoholic projecting

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Phanatic posted:

And then you inexplicably keep shooting Jaws in the teeth.

he's got magnetic teeth

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

christmas boots posted:

This sounds like an alcoholic projecting

i don't drink really. i don't see how you can see someone expounding at length about how water "opens up the flavor" like it's some kind of magic loving spell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You look at the sparkling light shining off those chompers and try to focus anywhere else