Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

she really likes dune too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just amazed at this

quote:

“I was just crying my eyes out the whole movie,” Grimes said, noting that she was particularly moved by the film because the character of Paul (Timothée Chalamet) reminded her of her son X Æ A-12. “I just know X is going to have to go through all this really hosed-up poo poo that sort of mirrors Paul-type stuff,” she said

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I know she has a song called "geidi prime" so that's not exactly surprising

but the next person who kramers in here and claims that grimes' version of dune would have been better than Villeneuve's is getting fed to the worm

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah grimes I'd really love to see your take on the film with all of the colonialist elements scrubbed out. you definitely have a firm grasp on the source material

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

kalel posted:

but the next person who kramers in here and claims that grimes' version of dune would have been better than Villeneuve's is getting fed to the worm
Worm's too good for them, their water should be shed upon the sands.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I'd watch the Grimes cut of God Emperor

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

kalel posted:

yeah grimes I'd really love to see your take on the film with all of the colonialist elements scrubbed out. you definitely have a firm grasp on the source material

I’m kind of curious what that would even mean. It’s like someone pitching their take on Animal Farm without Stalinism or a vegan-friendly version of The Jungle.

A fascinating slurry of wanting to remove the critique and getting that it’s critiquing a bad thing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

kalel posted:

It would have been terrible but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't watch it.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Her version would have scrubbed the colonialist stuff...but she was fired because she's not woke enough... especially the way she posed for a photo with a copy of The Communist Manifesto? I like that one album of hers but God drat she seems like a moron

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

She had two (2) children with Elon musk, so yes she is a moron

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

elon musk having the least stupid name in that family is some lol poo poo

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

kalel posted:

It’s not a song; her first album is called Geidi Primes and most of the songs have Dune related titles.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Her version would have scrubbed the colonialist stuff...but she was fired because she's not woke enough... especially the way she posed for a photo with a copy of The Communist Manifesto? I like that one album of hers but God drat she seems like a moron

She was saying she was fired for being too woke…

Which I guess is why she’s dating Chelsea Manning now? This sounded like a joke the first time I heard it but I should have known better.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

david_a posted:

Which I guess is why she’s dating Chelsea Manning now? This sounded like a joke the first time I heard it but I should have known better.

lol that's pretty badass

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Honestly Chelsea should know better.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Her version would have scrubbed the colonialist stuff...

I would take anything she says about colonialism to be instantly wrong, remembering that she has two (2) children with Elon "African Emerald Mine Heir" Musk.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
I mean if you're taking lessons from Dune, you could do worse than "bear the heirs of the founder the Spacing Guild."

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

kalel posted:

"better" in a The Room sense maybe but tbh i wouldn't mind seeing that.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

William Hurt died.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

William Hurt died.

Was he in D U N e?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
He played Leto in the 2000s sci-fi channel miniseries (which had some above-average casting choices imo)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
D U N E is back on HBO Max and I rewatched it this past weekend and it's still really good

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just amazed at this

That poor child is the result of a multigenerational breeding program to create the Dumbass Haderach.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Why would they bother casting anyone as the emperor for the next movie? Adding in politics would be some nerd book poo poo that would just take away from Zendaya dream face closeups and various establishing shots. Gotta keep part two under three hours. Combined they’re already slated to have a longer runtime then the sci-fi miniseries

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Na'at posted:

Why would they bother casting anyone as the emperor for the next movie? Adding in politics would be some nerd book poo poo that would just take away from Zendaya dream face closeups and various establishing shots. Gotta keep part two under three hours. Combined they’re already slated to have a longer runtime then the sci-fi miniseries

Away with you

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Who cares about some Duke? I'm not here for the politics!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Na'at posted:

:thumbsup:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

cast pauly shore as the emperor you cowards

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The spice must flow, buuuuuuddy

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Astrochicken posted:

cast pauly shore as the emperor you cowards
the emperor has been hitting the spice a bit too hard

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The United States posted:

the emperor has been hitting the spice a bit too hard

Sheeit, change of plans.

Get Pauly-boy here some scuba flippers and we're most of the way to a convincing Guild Navigator.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

My father, the Padishah Emperor, was seventy-two yet looked no more than thirty-five the year he encompassed the death of Duke Leto and gave Arrakis back to the Harkonnens.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Corrino Man

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I understand (or I hope) that that post is in jest but I just gotta say we don't need dreamy shots of Zendaya in part 2 because...Paul and Chani spend most of their time less than a foot apart. poo poo, she will get actual monologues to deliver and everything

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Martman posted:

Corrino Man

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Aces High posted:

I understand (or I hope) that that post is in jest but I just gotta say we don't need dreamy shots of Zendaya in part 2 because...Paul and Chani spend most of their time less than a foot apart. poo poo, she will get actual monologues to deliver and everything

Exactly.

I want dreamy shots of Irulan in Part 2

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Martman posted:

Corrino Man

Give us some spice, you're the Corrino man
Give us some spice tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a conspiracy
And you've got us feeling alright

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I want dreamy shots of Feyd in Part 2

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

FADE IN:

EXT. ARENA - DAY

FEYD RAUTHA stands statuesque before an enormous cheering crowd. Their cries are indistinct at first, but coalesce into three powerfully repeated syllables:

CROWD: Love-ly Feyd! Love-ly Feyd! Love-ly Feyd!

Feyd slowly turns, dappled light playing across his body and face, and looks directly into camera as the crowd becomes ever louder.

FEYD OUT

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

If Robert Pattinson were cast as Feyd, they could have him sparkle in that scene and it would be totally appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Prolonged Panorama posted:

My father, the Padishah Emperor, was seventy-two yet looked no more than thirty-five the year he encompassed the death of Duke Leto and gave Arrakis back to the Harkonnens.

So you need to cast like Barbara Crampton or Ming-Na Wen as the Emperor which would own.