Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh, by the way - I'm keeping the tally for this thread, the "official" one, so you need not spend your energy or time on it. Apologies for not warning you sooner.

yeah i need to take a picture of my donation soon. i'll try to make another donation too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

If you need to remove a gang tag to make room, please remove the shnorkles/borkings institute tag.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
My local Ukrainian Credit Union gave ways to donate to help both the war effort and the humanitarian crisis.

My mom and I also collected some medical and personal hygiene supplies for a collection drive organized by a nearby Ukrainian church.

edit: Forgot to ask for the tag

Sashimi fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 12, 2022

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Tag me. Also remove the stupid newbie avatar, please.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Err yes I would like a tag!

Another small donation:

local ukrainian cultural center that's putting together medical aid packages

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sashimi posted:

My local Ukrainian Credit Union gave ways to donate to help both the war effort and the humanitarian crisis.

these are nazis

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I know there's a "don't post about the Nazis" rule, but you probably shouldn't donate to an organization that funds the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalist Banderites

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Chamale posted:

I know there's a "don't post about the Nazis" rule, but you probably shouldn't donate to an organization that funds the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalist Banderites

Link? I can find something something called the League of Ukrainian Canadians that may--is there a connection between that and the Canada-Ukraine Foundation?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chamale posted:

You and/or the other goon should probably support your assertions here.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Wrong thread.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

paul_soccer12 posted:

these are nazis

Chamale posted:

efb slightly by GJB

We absolutely take seriously trying to steer charity donations to orgs that aren't funding far-right elements. If you'd be so kind as to expand on how these orgs are funding far-right groups in Ukraine we'll put a warning in the OP.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You and/or the other goon should probably support your assertions here.

the UCC are banderites

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

paul_soccer12 posted:

the UCC are banderites

You have evidence?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.google.com/search?q=UCC+banderites

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cool, a Facebook group and some dude with a substack.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

paul_soccer12 posted:

the UCC are banderites

I didn't say "make another unsourced assertion whose connection to the organization linked is not immediately clear". I shouldn't have to google separately from your one-liners to 1) verify who the UCC are and 2) verify that the Canada-Ukraine Foundation at least works regularly with them.

It does seem like both those things are the case.

e: well providing the google link yourself is a minimum sourcing expectation I guess, please try to provide something like that in the first post in the future

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I didn't say "make another unsourced assertion whose connection to the organization linked is not immediately clear". I shouldn't have to google separately from your one-liners to 1) verify who the UCC are and 2) verify that the Canada-Ukraine Foundation at least works regularly with them.

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Here’s an article by a canadian history professor tying the UCC to Bandera

https://shron1.chtyvo.org.ua/Khymka...mkn27ibel1h97i0

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Here’s an article by a professor of Canadian history tying the UCC to Bandera

thanks

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
It does look like they work with Banderite-adjacent orgs at the very least, so I'll update the OP.

FYI: the Canada-Ukraine Foundation has associations with far-right groups and we don't recommend donating to them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Here’s an article by a canadian history professor tying the UCC to Bandera

Thank you.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

For the sake of having more info, this also goes into the fascist roots of UCC with citations.
https://coat.ncf.ca/research/Chomiak-Freeland/C-F_9.htm

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

e: well providing the google link yourself is a minimum sourcing expectation I guess, please try to provide something like that in the first post in the future

Well, you could've asked Koos or sebmojo, who looked into it originally and had the UCC removed from the thread over a week ago.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It may occur to you, eventually, that the donation which caused this conversation was not to UCC. CUF is a separate entity, and it’s unclear if you or the 3 posters above are aware of that, or have read anything before posting. The supplied “evidence” likewise doesn’t talk about CUF at all, and it seems to be entirely a lucky coincidence that the two organisations are, in fact, affiliated.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Yes, but they were getting on Paul specifically for talking about the UCC, like he was saying something new or novel. Wasnt really talking about the original donation. I appreciate your input towards attempting to clear things up though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Their post is clearly connected to Paul’s opener, on the second item.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It may occur to you, eventually, that the donation which caused this conversation was not to UCC. CUF is a separate entity, and it’s unclear if you or the 3 posters above are aware of that, or have read anything before posting. The supplied “evidence” likewise doesn’t talk about CUF at all, and it seems to be entirely a lucky coincidence that the two organisations are, in fact, affiliated.
It's right on the CUF main page, I assumed that went without saying
https://www.cufoundation.ca/

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I would, personally, not leave a link in the OP up to the nazi supporting charity, even if I taped a hastily scrawled 'oopsie we got caught giving money to nazi supporters again, don't give them any more money' sign next to it.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
It's definitely wise to put this sort of warning in the OP. I made my donation on the recommendation of members of my local Ukrainian community, and had I seen this sort of stuff in the OP I would have steered clear and looked for another organization. If another Canadian goon comes along hopefully they'll see the warning.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Fritz the Horse posted:

It does look like they work with Banderite-adjacent orgs at the very least, so I'll update the OP.

FYI: the Canada-Ukraine Foundation has associations with far-right groups and we don't recommend donating to them.

It's pretty funny that the most you're going to do is edit in a comment to a donation link to funding far right groups is "maybe you shouldn't donate to far right groups, but here's a link to do it anyway"

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It's pretty funny that the most you're going to do is edit in a comment to a donation link to funding far right groups is "maybe you shouldn't donate to far right groups, but here's a link to do it anyway"

What, exactly, would you like us to do differently?

The link is there to remove any ambiguity about the specific organization. This, here, this exact website is an organization linked to Ukrainian far-right / Banderite organizations and we don't recommend donating. I think it's helpful to be as specific as possible because there are a ton of different charities out there.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Fritz the Horse posted:

The link is there to remove any ambiguity about the specific organization. This, here, this exact website is an organization linked to Ukrainian far-right / Banderite organizations and we don't recommend donating. I think it's helpful to be as specific as possible because there are a ton of different charities out there.

It's pretty minor, but you could possibly still keep the description and link but edit to un-hyperlink it.

e: and as Sashimi mentioned it could be helpful to include a snippet (not link) that the UCC is also bad?

speng31b fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 13, 2022

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
D+D does not support fascism, it merely highlights ways by which you the viewer at home can most easily give fascists financial support

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

D+D does not support fascism, it merely highlights ways by which you the viewer at home can most easily give fascists financial support

Its one thing to call out a bad group to donate to, its another to imply that it was done on purpose. Kindly gently caress off with these sort of posts.

Actual thanks to those who are highlighting troubled groups that people should avoid donating to, we will update the OP.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Actual thanks to those who are highlighting troubled groups that people should avoid donating to

no problem

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

can we have two tags? one the russiya korable and another for the whoops donated to bandera?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

appropriatemetaphor posted:

can we have two tags? one the russiya korable and another for the whoops donated to bandera?

No.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

harsh but fair.

Chrungka
Jan 27, 2015

Tag me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Fritz the Horse posted:

honestly if you truly want to be a helpful resource then you should include a section in the OP where you give warnings that these charities are associated with neonazis/banderites/other far rightists and include a citation if you have them

obviously dont include a hyperlink to the nazi charities' sites