Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Xun posted:

I've been wanting to try out Ars Nouveau when I have the time, is the ingame guide good enough to get you through the mod?

The book's pretty good, but it's not exactly Thaumcraft or Mana and Artifice in terms of complexity. I'd say the most opaque part is using the scribing table and even that was a matter of "just read the drat book better" for me.

It doesn't do the best job walking you through baby's first spell or anything and the info isn't gated like Astral Sorcery or Botania is. It's one of those mods where actually doing stuff is easy, but figuring out how to make it useful is up to you. When I say simple, there's like 5 things to do. Getting source (mana, basically) in several obvious ways, making tons of different glyphs with the press and learning new spell bits that way, making said spells, doing some item creation with a really basic setup, and some summons that are used for automation. All of the summons are adorable, but my my favorites are the spell-casting book-dragons and the magic squirrel carbuncles that move items around for you.

I guess you can make wands and spell turrets and stuff, but that's just an extension of the making items and casting spells bits of it.

That setup above is just a plant-growth source generator, a jar to put source in, and a lectern with a summon on it with a really simple spell (touch-harvest-AoEx8).

Oh, and there's a Blood Magic integration mod to use LP, if that's your jam.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a while back, possibly in this thread, a goon offered to help me compile an "updated" version of Life in the Woods, which hasn't been meaningfully updated in many years now. I still played that modpack up until last year or so, but I want to try out the new worldgen, deeper underground, etc. is the current caves and cliffs era of minecraft heavily moddable, or are older generations of minecraft needed to heavily mod the game?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
All of the Java versions are equally moddable as long as forge is updated, which it does pretty quickly. 1.17 in particular has quite a bit in the way of mods and packs and is the same version as the first caves and cliffs update.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is the first caves and cliffs version the one with the ridiculously revamped worldgen, or was that like, the precursor to the big update?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I figured it would have taken me through the weekend to get the superconducting cables and fusion pre-reqs ready on Nomifactory and I was about right. There was an upgrade in the middle from Omnifactory to Nomifactory and a bunch of upgrading an maintenance. For one, I finally made the oil drilling rig. So what kind of space should I be setting aside for working with fusion? I want to make sure I don't start it somewhere and have to rip it all apart because I can't get around to anything anymore.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the fusion rings are pretty big (plop down the computer and look at the in-world preview) but they can be stacked vertically very easily. i think you can even do wall-sharing of the same tier but i’m too lazy to redo

the quest book seems to suggest that you should set up properly ratio’d processing patterns for fusion products, but gently caress that i’m just gonna make one ring for each thing and passivize it all

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I just got the itch to build a garbage factory again so I picked up Nomifactory. I've got my first few machines up and running and it sure is nice to go from 2 ingots per plate to 1. But everything besides compressor and wiremill are so drat slow. I hope that'll change once before I get too much further.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

LtSmash posted:

I just got the itch to build a garbage factory again so I picked up Nomifactory. I've got my first few machines up and running and it sure is nice to go from 2 ingots per plate to 1. But everything besides compressor and wiremill are so drat slow. I hope that'll change once before I get too much further.

Parallelization is key to Nomifactory and running 4 of each major machine isn't too expensive early on and will get you into MV/HV and the ability of fully automated glory. Higher tier machines can overclock lower tier recipes which makes them significantly faster for a corresponding increase in power requirements of 4x power to 2x speed per tier.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 7, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

LtSmash posted:

If you'd like to do so around a friend, Rocko's got you covered: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3995406

(I'm the friendly admin hosting it.)

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Yeah play on the server and chunkload it. Then it can take its sweet rear end time. My default machine tier is MV even if I'm frolicking around with LuV stuff.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Getting back to this:

uniball posted:

the fusion rings are pretty big (plop down the computer and look at the in-world preview) but they can be stacked vertically very easily. i think you can even do wall-sharing of the same tier but i’m too lazy to redo

the quest book seems to suggest that you should set up properly ratio’d processing patterns for fusion products, but gently caress that i’m just gonna make one ring for each thing and passivize it all

Yeah I can gauge what I'm getting into for the main ring from the previews but I'm curious if there's supporting stuff that has to be nearby. That multiblock isn't the kind of thing I think I'd want to relocate, but I also hate adding new floors to my stupid tower, so I'm trying to figure out a good space balance.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

My son and I have been playing Create Above and Beyond for a few weeks now and just noticed we were running 1.1; so we upgraded to 1.3 and everything started normal ... but we noticed our Improved Backpacks were completely missing along with their content.

Anyone playing this modpack and see this issue or using the Improved Backpacks mod and see them go missing on an update?

Nevermind, had to scroll down further to see them. I R DUM.

Slime boots stopped working though. :(

Okay, for this one apparently they added durability to them and you have to "repair" them with slime balls. For fucks sake ...

fondue fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 9, 2022

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Getting back to this:

Yeah I can gauge what I'm getting into for the main ring from the previews but I'm curious if there's supporting stuff that has to be nearby. That multiblock isn't the kind of thing I think I'd want to relocate, but I also hate adding new floors to my stupid tower, so I'm trying to figure out a good space balance.
There's no supporting stuff needed beyond input/output at the front two input blocks next to the controller and power provided to the 8 blocks at the 4 cardinal points. I wedged my donuts right next to each other. It also transforms material slow enough that I just manually barreled inputs/outputs. Two of the main fusion materials you only need to fuse moderate amounts (calculate this, it's really not that much) to make the next tier of fusion blocks and then you'll never use them again. Plasma is always useful, and of course the whole point is to start making neutronium.

I made a single mk1, and then a single mk2 which I then upgraded it to mk3 after making all the material I needed. Then removed the mk1 and made a second mk3 to initially make neutronium while my other was making plasma, then after a while had bottled enough plasma to switch both over to neutronium full-time. Once you're making neutronium for the first time and have a single top-tier draconic crafter you're basically done in terms of amount of work needed to do, it just becomes crafting all the pre-reqs to omnium and waiting for enough neutronium to finish it. My draconic crafting setup to tank was a single one of each tier; I don't agree with the quest book's numbers/opinions on how many you need to make - I don't feel you need to use materials and pre-build the higher tier requisites.

You definitely want to build the energy ball if you haven't already done so, it's not that expensive to make one below the max tier. You'll need to save up power for draconic crafting and single item expensive builds since it can use minutes of power output in seconds.

Once you get to this step and are playing the waiting game, just futzing around in your base waiting for the clock, I highly recommend you start making diamonds as it's low effort if you start early - diamonds are going to be your bottleneck for the next phase if you are pushing for creative vending and you need several million of them to get there. Also one crafter just doing red coal into a drawer. If you want, I can give you some other numbers so you can think about how much you need to expand in the next phase - it's not as much as I initially thought. I thought I'd be completely rebuilding my entire base and I moved a bunch of the creative vending stuff to space but it turns out ~75% of your base is still usable and I ended up just not feeling like migrating a ton of stuff and manually rebuilding.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 9, 2022

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

fondue posted:

My son and I have been playing Create Above and Beyond for a few weeks now and just noticed we were running 1.1; so we upgraded to 1.3 and everything started normal ... but we noticed our Improved Backpacks were completely missing along with their content.

Anyone playing this modpack and see this issue or using the Improved Backpacks mod and see them go missing on an update?

Nevermind, had to scroll down further to see them. I R DUM.

Slime boots stopped working though. :(

Okay, for this one apparently they added durability to them and you have to "repair" them with slime balls. For fucks sake ...

I liked Create Above and Beyond, but once I got to the endgame of making ME devices, it's just ughhh tedium for tedium's sake. It's easily one of the things I like least about most quest book packs and CAB definitely doesn't always balance novel, weird automaton like the singularity reactor with just making you make a million of one piece of automation.

Like in Spellbound, I'd love to make another ATM star for a guilty pool, but every intervening step is an incredible hassle. It's so stupid that ProjectE is gated behind doing all this poo poo for 'balance' reasons, but you can't use ProjectE to make anything you'd want to duplicate.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The best of both worlds! ProjectE is incredibly hard to get to and it's been so nerfed there's no reward for getting there anyway.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Bhodi, how does the fusion reactors factor into power generation? My initial push towards it was to get to the next tier of power generation because I was starving myself out on more expensive, protracted operations. In particular, my pipeline for making tons of enderium was the final killer. I'd be more comfortable throwing all my excess into an energy ball if I had more to begin with. Speaking of excess, having no played with the energy ball before, is it like a big power buffer that can give power back out or does it just suck and suck? If it just sucks power, then I'm guessing I should set up some system to have it only feed when demand is low (full capacitor bank or something?).

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

i just got to Tank in nomifactory and ended up not using fusion for power at all. a big 2MRf/t thorium fission reactor plus a t7 draconic energy ball was good enough to get draconic fusion crafting working, then i made two neutronium solar panels (overkill, 1 would have been fine) which made me not have to think about power at all.

the DE ball will pass power through just as you would hope.

the neutronium solar panels are ridiculously powerful, and while they are more expensive (lots of draconium/neutronium/some t8mm runs) it saves you from having to build 53 multiblock turbines. maybe i’m just bad at it but i hate the copy/paste gadget

now i gotta figure out if i’m going to start fresh on a space station or rework a whole shitload of stuff in my base

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
What's the motivator for building in space. I saw it in Bhodi's post but now you too. Is it for constant solar power or something?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I went to space because I thought tank would be a post-scarcity type thing where I'd rebuild my entire base from scratch and wanted a scenery change. Turns out, there's a lot of things that are still used, aren't worth the time to rebuild and are good enough - ore processing, ME system, power generation, all those DMLs, microuniverses, those little components you're already making/passived like lasers and circuit boards, some do need to get expanded/augmented but there's so much *stuff* there and it's a pita to keep stuff split that for a while after I built my tank wall in space I tried to use only that but in the end i just decided to keep the stuff on the planet on the planet - the draconic fusion section, the assembly lines, processing arrays, I would have had to migrate it all and just decided it was too much work.

Since the "source" of the small chains end up being creative tanks, the location doesn't really matter, just that there's power. The system becomes a million solidifer->machine->drawer or solidifer -> lathe/compressor/macerator/coil/ -> assmebler -> drawer. But power is annoying to transfer across universes, is actually impossible at the post-tank requirements, and so since so much of my power-usage as on the planet it was convenient to put the rest of the stuff there and abort the transfer to space (though I did still build SOME stuff there beyond the wall)

My entire power setup ended up being:
50 numi dynamos -> "medium sized" 7x9x11 active cryo fission -> oxy plasma/16 turbines -> nickel plasma/53 turbines -> energy ball to store power for the draconic fusion -> gradual buildup of the neutronium solar panel precursors that got deconstructed to build into the universe heart (~8?) -> tank -> ~16 of those mk2 reactors that take bolts -> creative power

I had some real power issues before I got the fission up and midway through fusion, where I was manually disconnecting/turning off a lot of that was down to my ore processing and some of the processing arrays and EBFs taking an absolutely absurd amount of power due to overclock.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 10, 2022

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Captain Invictus posted:

is the first caves and cliffs version the one with the ridiculously revamped worldgen, or was that like, the precursor to the big update?

The actual crazy worldgen revamp hit in 1.18, but 1.17 I guess laid enough of the groundwork that there are multiple mods and datapacks that basically backport the 1.18 terrain generation into 1.17 (while also dumping a bunch more extraneous poo poo of questionable function into the mix, of course). Terralith is the one I remember being recommended but it looks maybe a bit over the top if you intend to use it as a base for a larger modpack.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think a great one is.. Terraforged maybe? With the universal ore dictionary thing

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Bleh.

So the Minecraft server I'm working with is on 1.12 for proxy reasons. I want to make a little mod that adds one new mob. I have been struggling with trying to loving setup the forge development environment for 1.12, but because it's old, no support available. As a personal thing, I started learning Java with the Netbeans IDE, and so I'm trying to set this up in it, but the one bit that I can't loving get is making the drat program use the old version of gradle since forge mdk 1.12 is only compatible with forgegradle 3, and forgegradle 3 is not compatible with the newer versions of gradle.

Too tired to keep bashing my head against it.

All I want to do is make a creeper-like mob shaped like a hedge with custom audio.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MonkeyforaHead posted:

The actual crazy worldgen revamp hit in 1.18, but 1.17 I guess laid enough of the groundwork that there are multiple mods and datapacks that basically backport the 1.18 terrain generation into 1.17 (while also dumping a bunch more extraneous poo poo of questionable function into the mix, of course). Terralith is the one I remember being recommended but it looks maybe a bit over the top if you intend to use it as a base for a larger modpack.
this looks really cool, definitely like something I'd want to try! I'm mainly wanting to get at least partially the experience of Life in the Woods. Stuff in LITW I really enjoyed:
Pam's Harvestcraft(to incentivize exploring different biomes to find different crop types), which seems like it's going to updated to 1.18 eventually
Backpack mod(lets you craft basically extra inventories you carry in your main inventory, essential when some mods add like 2000 individual item types) also seems broken/gone
Biomes o Plenty, seems to be current
Gravestone mod(to hold items on death at the location of death), seems gone
Not Enough Items(to get around the foibles minecraft invariably has), seems current
Plant Mega Pack(huge variety of plants etc) which seems gone
Vegan Option(for crafting various things without necessarily needing to kill stuff)

stuff like those. things that add more variety to the general world without necessarily adding insane technological stuff or overwhelming RPG mechanics(though small things like that would be nice too)

I tried rooting around myself and just got overwhelmed at the absolute barrage of mods available nowadays, both in pack form and individually. If there's a goon who can help me cobble together something similar to LITW I'll shower you with plat/archives/av certs whatever you'd like.

oh, and I'm guessing there are better shaders than the ones from like 2012 lol

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Captain Invictus posted:

Backpack mod(lets you craft basically extra inventories you carry in your main inventory, essential when some mods add like 2000 individual item types) also seems broken/gone

Sophisticated Backpacks has 1.18 support and is really nice IMO.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kyrosiris posted:

holy poo poo that's elaborate

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Captain Invictus posted:

this looks really cool, definitely like something I'd want to try! I'm mainly wanting to get at least partially the experience of Life in the Woods. Stuff in LITW I really enjoyed:

- Backpacks: maybe Traveler's Backpack? Not quite the same as Improved Backpacks but it's something. Thermal Foundation is a wider-reaching pack with a basic series of tiered satchels, but that's also stuck on 1.16 for now.
- Gravestones: either Corail Tombstone (which is gradually bloating into a death-and-necromancy-fueled modpack but has the most impressive configuration, including whether to lose items on death, XP on death, and how much), or the aptly named and much lighter-weight Corpse.
- Shaders: browse for yourself here. The "Designed for version:" column doesn't mean it won't work on older versions, it's more an indication of how up to date it is. Sildur's Vibrant is the one I swear by, SEUS is also popular, Oceano is nice with an emphasis on water effects, Vanilla Plus is great if you don't want to go too fancy.

My own personal suggestions to boot:
- FallingTree if manually carving out every block of a tree has gotten as old for you as it has for me.
- Carry On which lets you actually pick up and relocate certain blocks, most importantly chests.
- Mouse Tweaks which should honestly just be part of the base game at this point. It's entirely under-the-hood QoL improvements to inventory interactions, including letting you use mousewheel to transfer partial stacks of items much more efficiently.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
those all seem great as well, thank you so much!

fallingtree just seems to be a modern-viable Treecapitator mod which hadn't been updated in ages until apparently a year or two ago, I am so happy to see it return

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Kyrosiris posted:

This is the first mod I've ever seen where an item can get an "unbreakable" style upgrade that not only accounts for creeper explosions/lava when it's an item in the world, but even has safeguards against being dropped into the void. Now that's comprehensive permanence.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

taiyoko posted:

As a personal thing, I started learning Java with the Netbeans IDE, and so I'm trying to set this up in it, but the one bit that I can't loving get is making the drat program use the old version of gradle since forge mdk 1.12 is only compatible with forgegradle 3, and forgegradle 3 is not compatible with the newer versions of gradle.

You might have to just downgrade Netbeans if it's being stubborn about gradle and you still want to use Netbeans.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, Sophisticated Backpacks is pretty much blowing every other backpack/portable storage mod I've tried out of the water.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So today I managed to figure out my issues with setting up a 1.12 dev environment in Netbeans.

First, I had to edit
code:
C:\Program Files\Netbeans-13\netbeans\etc\netbeans.conf
to have the jdk home point to my java 1.8 install instead of the 1.17

Then, stuck a copy of most recently updated ForgeGradle 3 in a folder and pointed to it as a repository in build.gradle

Finally (and may not have been necessary?) ran
code:
gradlew wrapper --gradle-version 5.6.4
at the command line from the folder where I was trying to set up the dev stuff. Essentially, 5.6.4 is the last version of Gradle to be supported in ForgeGradle 3, which is the last version of ForgeGradle to be compatible with 1.12.2.

Figured I might as well share it just in case someone out there ever decides they need to make a 1.12 mod. May also help someone struggling to set up other older and no-longer-supported-by-Forge toolchains in the future.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
alright, pretty much the only mod of the main ones I was looking for left is some sort of extremely elaborate food mod like pam's harvestcraft, that adds a bunch of plants and stuff in the world to find and harvest and can be farmed etc. since pam's harvestcraft is currently behind on updating to the current build, is there another good one folks recommend?

thanks for the assistance MonkeyforaHead and Kyrosiris, if you want new av certs, let me know

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 14, 2022

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Farmer’s Delight is a pretty nice food mod. It’s not nearly as large as Pam’s but offers a decent variety of foods and some kitchen and farming utility. It doesn’t hurt that much to lose the 20 varieties of jellies from Pams but I do wish there were a couple fruits, nuts and berries in FD.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Echophonic posted:

I liked Create Above and Beyond, but once I got to the endgame of making ME devices, it's just ughhh tedium for tedium's sake. It's easily one of the things I like least about most quest book packs and CAB definitely doesn't always balance novel, weird automaton like the singularity reactor with just making you make a million of one piece of automation.

Like in Spellbound, I'd love to make another ATM star for a guilty pool, but every intervening step is an incredible hassle. It's so stupid that ProjectE is gated behind doing all this poo poo for 'balance' reasons, but you can't use ProjectE to make anything you'd want to duplicate.

We'll probably play until it gets too tedious, boring, or both. So far it's a lot of fun playing satisfactory in Minecraft.

Strigil
Oct 26, 2004
Creating mods for Bedrock Edition really sucks, but I am making progress in getting some... things done.

Here are some "spotlights", which was my first attempt at getting some blocks into BE.

I am by no means a graphics artis but here is a shiny new iron furnace.

Furnace when lit at night

And a hacked together interface using that god awfully limited json UI that is used...

In order to pull off the furnace I had to:
create an invisible dummy entity with a chest... I could not find a way to get an inventory attached to a chest
figure out how to select a different GUI than the normal chest screen... I can't simply say on interact open such and such screen
use a couple of dummy items to keep track of things like fuel remaining/smelting process... I haven't found a way to access entity properties other than some poorly documented hard-coded properties
use the durability bar of items in order to show progress... haven't found a way to either retrieve the values of the durability of items or modify the way the progress bar looks
use a json file to create a new list of recipes and fuel types... I haven't found a way to access the vanilla recipes, and even if I could I haven't found a way to modify the amount of fuel given from an item or modify smelting time of an item

god this is garbage, but that lit furnace looks pretty.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I had a group playing Create Above and Beyond and everything ran great for a few weeks. Out of nowhere one guy started getting "NBT data tag that was too big" errors and no one can get near his house anymore. Another guy's setup was leaking entities any time he was offline, if the area was chunkloaded it ran fine but if it wasn't loaded the entity count would start climbing unless he shut everything down before he logged.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Depends posted:

I had a group playing Create Above and Beyond and everything ran great for a few weeks. Out of nowhere one guy started getting "NBT data tag that was too big" errors and no one can get near his house anymore. Another guy's setup was leaking entities any time he was offline, if the area was chunkloaded it ran fine but if it wasn't loaded the entity count would start climbing unless he shut everything down before he logged.

Looking at the "nbt data too big" thing I found that it's gonna be a container with too many big tag items in it, like a chest with a shulker full of ae2 drives, or other nested full containers. Also some people on older versions of mc were having issues sometimes with graves being the culprit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
promise I'm almost done, but I've been mostly happy with everything so far, thanks for the help. one thing I'm missing though, is there a current mod that does identical or similar stuff to NEI's cheat UI for magnetism, changing weather, time of day, etc with convenient buttons I can hit to activate or totally disable things?

I liked to have the magnetism on by default just for casual play convenience, since even standing next to blocks that break sometimes won't loot them before they fall out of reach without magnetism on. that sort of thing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sophisticated Backpacks has a toggleable magnet add-on you can shove into your backpack. :v:

I dunno about the other options but if you're already using the mod, might as well use all its features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
So uhhh this is a blog posted on Oracle's website:

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud