Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

I can only imagine this causing such overt psychological and psychosomatic damage that it would be banned outright except by the military of course and war criminals worldwide. Or a really, really mad scientist.

Just go straight to the Total Perspective Vortex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I think I might have more respect for goldbugs at this point

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

there was an episode recently where griff just wouldn't do the ad reads, and was talking poo poo about the companies, and the podcast, and I was certain the whole operation was about crumble, and the spell would finally be broken. sadly they came back and did another episode since then.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Look what they did to my boy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pff, everyone knows this is the real mambo number six.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_xpK41qLQk

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

im in this and i dont like it etc. esp if gaiman is right and death is a hot goth chick

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

It's a very large tent/parachute thing. All the kids stand around holding the edge, and flap it in unison, then duck inside and sit on the edge. There's a hole at the top for warm air to pass through, and the tent stays up for a good while. It was fun as hell

in the days before safety was a thing teachers gave a poo poo about, we had a smaller version of those that a kid would sit on and then all of the other kids would flap and wave it and launch the one in the middle around. i know i got thrown off of it on to the gym floor at least twice

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Well this really loving sucks.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

always the meme thread

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

idgi

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What happened? It still works on my phone.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vanced/comments/tdazfr/discontinuation_of_the_vanced_project

Vanced is a modified Android YouTube app that cuts out ads, lets you skip sponsor segments and opening titles, has a bunch of other useful features like a copy URL with timestamp button, etc.

Well, I guess it was that now.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

And here I was just yesterday thinking I should figure out how to watch Youtube on the tablet without ads.

Guess I'll download it since it's said to still work if you have it installed, at least until Youtube changes their API to completely kill it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

When it dies, there's still NewPipe. Doesn't have anywhere near as many features as Vanced, but it plays videos just fine.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've been using firefox with adblockers installed.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Doesn't NewTube still work? That's what I've used for years now.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vanced/comments/tdazfr/discontinuation_of_the_vanced_project

Vanced is a modified Android YouTube app that cuts out ads, lets you skip sponsor segments and opening titles, has a bunch of other useful features like a copy URL with timestamp button, etc.

Well, I guess it was that now.

So do I understand correctly Vanced is just a more popular version of NewPipe?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

OwlFancier posted:

I've been using firefox with adblockers installed.

same. works well, no ads, works with the screen off (that might be a different plugin, but still)

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Carbon dioxide posted:

No. Vanced modified Google code, hacked stuff into the actual YouTube app. NewPipe is open source from the ground up and is more of a frontend for letting you interact with the YouTube website as an anonymous user. I think the legalities differ.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

NewPipe is an open source bare-bones app that lets you watch videos and has a locally-stored list of channels you're following and that's about it. Vanced is exactly the official youtube app, but better, with their own custom implementation of MicroG that means you can use your google account like you do with the official one. The only thing I know of that Vanced can't do but the official app can is pay for movies and shows, which, yeah, understandable.

E: ^^^ Yeah that

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Firefox doesn't let you do the double tap to skip forward

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You could install vanced on a tv stick too, and control it from your phone

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

bike tory posted:

Firefox doesn't let you do the double tap to skip forward

it totally does! at least on my phone and version.

it won't currently let me tap down the bar to skip big chunks... I have to drag it. that's new and odd

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
William Hurt died so pretend I posted a picture of John Waters with "RIP Christian Bale" on it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

William Hurt died so pretend I posted a picture of John Waters with "RIP Christian Bale" on it

did it....hurt?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well this alters..... the states... I guess.....

is it rude that in Hellworld I can't even muster up the energy for this?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Well this alters..... the states... I guess.....

is it rude that in Hellworld I can't even muster up the energy for this?

Yeah I'm sure it'll really hurt his feelings

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

you are like little babies

observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jeJohmL-0U

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

did it....hurt?

No. But it Will.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

FFT posted:

observe:

this made me curse in front of my children. i hope you're happy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mr. Fix It posted:

this made me curse in front of my children. i hope you're happy
Immeasurably so, in fact.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

What a lovely meme. Two stills taken from an actually really good and hilarious vid with a crappy caption slapped on top. Why do people even make this crap? Trying to bask in the reflected glory?

Not blaming you, I'm assuming you just reposted it and haven't seen the vastly better original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lz8MN6MQA

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

FFT posted:

observe:

I hurt myself today
I listened to this track
You don't know what I'd pay
For my five minutes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?