Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Babe Magnet posted:

post punchmans itt (and other tarnished too, lets see those moonveil wizards!!!)

mad monk invading is super fun. they never see the command grab madness shout coming, and it's really funny when both you and your target madness break at the same time lol. one of these days I'll stream/record again...

been maintaining a medium equip load and combining this with spells, and now a faith scaling sword from a hero's ruins in Altus near the city, below the northeast gate. i keep a shield on for the left hand for defense while casting

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
What damage type is black flame attacks? I'm dealing with this boss that uses them constantly and saps my HP away.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I think I'm ready to start NG+

I've done so drat much in just one playthrough. 33 of 42 achievements, level 138. It takes something like 119k runes to level up one time. I have tons of armor and weapons, spells are pretty good. I could probably do with a few more ashes of war and incantations though. I suppose I can progress as much as I can through the priest/goldmask guy as I can since I've already finished the game with the 3 fingers ending.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

beer gas canister posted:

been maintaining a medium equip load and combining this with spells, and now a faith scaling sword from a hero's ruins in Altus near the city, below the northeast gate. i keep a shield on for the left hand in case for defense while casting

the patas are so cool, have to done much invading with them? I'm curious at how much the armor penetration actually matters

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ymgve posted:

What damage type is black flame attacks? I'm dealing with this boss that uses them constantly and saps my HP away.
afaik the direct damage is fire, but then the damage over time effect is a percentage of hp. don't think you can resist it.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
How come you're finishing the game at 90 hours, I'm 90 hours in and I just met the Full Grown Fallingstar Beast :allears:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Ranni is a disembodied spirit loosely tied to an animate doll. the spooky ghost portion is her real self. the game outright tells you this at several points, she switches bodies around during her quest, and even makes fun of you for being "in the habit of talking to dolls" at one point lol

Yknow, I never put together that that’s Ranni’s spirit. I figured her spirit would be inhabiting the doll and therefore not visible, but I guess there’s no reason it HAS to be like that. That makes more sense.

Still not sure what the deal with Melina is, then, cause I thought that ghost had something to do with her.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah i've been no-lifing this game for like two weeks and i'm still just putting the broad strokes of the main mystery / conspiracy and the setting's prehistory and so on together lol. like i only realized today that the royal capital is built inside a massive impact crater

You think that’s late, I only realized by reading your post!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Are the nights cavalry the only thing that uses the day night system? I haven't quite found anything else besides one ambushing invader.

This one is very minor but a nice touch so I won't spoiler it: Bats are more active at night. When the sun goes down they'll start flying around patrolling areas, but if you go there during the day you can find those same bats chilling upside down in ruins and stuff.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

This one is very minor but a nice touch so I won't spoiler it: Bats are more active at night. When the sun goes down they'll start flying around patrolling areas, but if you go there during the day you can find those same bats chilling upside down in ruins and stuff.

I did notice that, it's neat.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AnEdgelord posted:

I feel like I have a super skewed idea on all the final bosses because every single one of them, starting with godskin duo, got chopped into stew meat by chained waterfowl dances+mimic tear in a single try, if anything once my pure dex build+milicent's talismans+hand of melania came online the game felt like a complete cakewalk, and that includes the final boss

You've beaten the (barely) arguably hardest boss in the game, using two talismans from an obtuse quest chain, and probably a decently high level. At this point you're just doing a victory lap.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Popete posted:

Also as my starting item I picked the shrimp, I accidentally used them all before I realized what I was doing and now they are just gone? Did I gently caress up picking shrimp?

This is the purest thing I've ever read.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

What's up with the gigantic bolt in Leyndel? Who built a city sized ballista and used it once?

or did the dead dragon wield it?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m surprised people had so much trouble with Godskin Duo. They were annoying, but they weren’t as bad as some other infuriating bosses. The game’s really not that hard when you face humanoid enemies.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
should I let dung eater out?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you’re cool with him doing what he says he’s gonna do knock yourself out

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

man carian slicer is one hell of a spell. i started a new game as a sorcerer and ive just been using shield in left and staff in right, cause carian slicer basically gives your staff a sword moveset with a very low fp cost and damage that goes through most shields and never bounces.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

hatty posted:

If you’re cool with him doing what he says he’s gonna do knock yourself out

cool thanks

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sir Tonk posted:

The optimal thing is to let him out, you'll deal with him later.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sir Tonk posted:

Should you WHAT dung eater????? :wth:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

couldn't be any worse than kissing him on the mouth. Might even be a bit better

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Pollyanna posted:

I’m surprised people had so much trouble with Godskin Duo. They were annoying, but they weren’t as bad as some other infuriating bosses. The game’s really not that hard when you face humanoid enemies.

For a duo boss if you are attempting them solo the problem is that they both have ranged attacks and are quite quick. Using the mimic turns them into a kinda lame fight since we've fought them before individually.

The problem I think people are having is if you lose track of one they can easily change targets for an attack or two which can do significant amounts of damage. Also they can clip you unexpectedly with their aoe explosion attacks at 50% or the rolling attack for the big boy and the slinky attack for the skinny boy.

If it was a better fight people would be more forgiving when they died to an attack they should have seen coming but the fight comes off as meh.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

SEX!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i finally beat (endgame) elden beast after many hours. loving awful as a melee build. had no health at the end and he was one shot. literally yelling and constantly seething at the screen

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Why would you ever do a boss solo?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

don't shame people for how they choose to play the game

lol but really in my case it's easier to fight some of the bosses if they're focused on me and and I don't have to guess which random direction their big stupid spinning hitboxes are coming from because my rats decided to spread out around them

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

Why would you ever do a boss solo?

So i can brag about it to my friends at the club

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
So I just killed brother Corbyn by mistake, am I hosed for any major plotlines/sidequests? He was hanging out near a map pickup in Altus, but I thought he was an enemy so I snuck up and one-shot him. Then realized I made a mistake when I picked up his bearing.

I've been having fun using the concealing veil and mimic veil to mess with people during invasions. It's easier to take on 3 people when they keep splitting up to look for you.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sensually rubbing Dung Eater's feet.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if it's something like an erdtree hound or whatever the statue dogs are called gently caress that I'm calling in the fellas. those things aren't hard they're just annoying because they keep jumping out of attack range

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tag yourself

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/1503088125362380803?t=PMffam5QCU3AkBvN53fP-w&s=19

I'm the dead one

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hungry Computer posted:

So I just killed brother Corbyn by mistake, am I hosed for any major plotlines/sidequests? He was hanging out near a map pickup in Altus, but I thought he was an enemy so I snuck up and one-shot him. Then realized I made a mistake when I picked up his bearing.

I've been having fun using the concealing veil and mimic veil to mess with people during invasions. It's easier to take on 3 people when they keep splitting up to look for you.

between this and people loving up the manor questline ya'll mfers are too bloodthirsty for your own good lol

killing Corhyn ends his questline and locks you out of a couple of higher-end faith abilities and one of the endings entirely

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Hungry Computer posted:

For future reference friendly NPCs cannot be locked on to

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Sir Tonk posted:

That depends.

How much do you like Prawn Bro?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Babe Magnet posted:

don't shame people for how they choose to play the game

unless they're using a shield

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Pollyanna posted:

dung eater? hardly dung knower

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

unless they're using a shield

those creatures don't count as people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only reason I got this game is because shields were viable again. Sword and Board forever

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're really good this time around. ashes of war really opened up a lot of options too for countering stuff like spells, or boosting your block rating to greatshield levels for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Pollyanna posted:

Yknow, I never put together that that’s Ranni’s spirit. I figured her spirit would be inhabiting the doll and therefore not visible, but I guess there’s no reason it HAS to be like that. That makes more sense.

Still not sure what the deal with Melina is, then, cause I thought that ghost had something to do with her.

I'm pretty sure Melina is a daughter of Marika from either Godfrey or Radagan. If the latter she'd be cursed like Milenia and Miquella, which could be the flames of destruction/eye damage she has going on if the former than her lost purpose could be related.