Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"My anarchism is why is support intervention in Syria" is a good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Robert is terminally CIA-brained unfortunately

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Hes a stupid dipshit and he can gently caress off.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/fcyazgan/status/1502761011790716928

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The real estate agents will be switching to a more noble profession soon alhamdulillah

cenotaph posted:

this is an excellent pairing lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

RT had some turnover recently its to be expected

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

In Training posted:

"My anarchism is why is support intervention in Syria" is a good one

non-hierarchal foreign intervention

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Constantinople is the capital of the Greeks!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
this is Tsargrad erasure

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

tbf the most famous city of a territory should just be the capital

NYC, LA, Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, Las Vegas, Detroit, New Orleans, - all not capitals. it makes no sense

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

waht the gently caress is a Canberra?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Ottawhat?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/alper_turan/status/1502761922948927488?s=20&t=knQILOCmM63emQU6TIVSlg

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Do you have any idea how confusing the Washington situation is for non americans

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Do you have any idea how confusing the Washington situation is for non americans

lol

Truga has issued a correction as of 13:27 on Mar 13, 2022

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Antonymous posted:

tbf the most famous city of a territory should just be the capital

NYC, LA, Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, Las Vegas, Detroit, New Orleans, - all not capitals. it makes no sense

NYC used to be the US capital, OP.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
every city used to be the us capital

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
So is Shanghai and Shenzen on lockdown? Some stuff on social making the rounds

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm the US capital and so is my wife

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xi is coughing like a dog, times up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

When I was visiting India a couple of years ago I had to explain to people that there were 2 washingtons and I lived on the west coast one.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nonsense posted:

Xi is coughing like a dog, times up

play time is over

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

lollontee posted:

play time is over

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

When I was visiting India a couple of years ago I had to explain to people that there were 2 washingtons and I lived on the west coast one.

just say seattle

"but i don't" you say. no, you live in seattle

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BULBASAUR posted:

shenzhen closed all public transit yesterday, and ordered all nonessential workers to stay home this week, so yeah i think it counts as a lockdown

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

quote:

Shenzhen will suspend bus and Metro services across the city between Monday and March 20, the city’s COVID-19 prevention and control command office announced this evening.

All housing estates, urban villages and industrial parks will be placed under closed-off management during the period. Residents are urged not to leave the city under nonessential circumstances. Those who have to leave the city must present negative test results issued within 24 hours, according to the office.

The city will ensure ample supplies of daily necessities at stable prices.

The measures will cover the whole city and remain valid until March 20, after which adjustments will be made according to the new situation, the office said.

quote:

In its latest move to curb the spread of COVID-19 virus, Shenzhen will conduct three rounds of citywide nucleic acid tests between Monday and March 20, according to a notice issued by Shenzhen COVID-19 Prevention and Control Command Office this evening.

All people in the city are required to take the tests. Residents are advised to pay close attention to the time periods for tests in their respective neighborhoods and take precautions when going out for nucleic acid samplings. Residents are required to go back to their residences immediately after having the swab samples taken.

Employees of government departments and public institutions are required to work from home, or serve as volunteers at their communities.

Employees of enterprises, except those responsible for the supplies of daily essentials like water, electricity, fuel, gas, communications, food and public sanitation, are also required to work from home, or suspend production and operation activities. Business venues, except supermarkets selling daily necessities (including the agricultural produce markets), pharmacies, medical institutions, catering enterprises that provide takeout services, will be closed.

The measures will cover the whole city and remain valid until March 20, after which adjustments will be made according to the new situation, the office said.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/thalmannenjoyer/status/1502936894254071809

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wonder why americans are never taught US lost a land war to china

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ukraine still missing Luhanks, Donetsk, and Crimea.

Not really a perfect happy democracy world just yet.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Shanghai is back to temperature checks at the door of shops and enforcement of mask rules - before this you'd see like 60/40 masks for people walking on the street. Transit is still going, and recommendations to WFH.

Went out walking yesterday and saw one apartment complex where they'd put up construction barriers and had Tyvek suited folks handing out groceries - but still saw people going in and out. I live a bit south of the area where the cases started, but outside that and a handful of stores that had tamper-proof police tape on the doors.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
all these fantasies of the US winning a war against China always descend into "and the Chinese people rose up and overthrew the Chinese government, and the new, freedom-loving democratic government sued for peace" because they know deep down that a country of 299 million people cannot dictate terms to a country of 1,400 million people short of being willing to commit a nuclear holocaust (that would be visited back upon them in return, because China is a nuclear power

it's also incredibly historically ignorant to assume that this new, democratic China would be willing to balkanize itself just on America's say-so: the only way you can make an independent Xinjiang and Tibet work is if you're willing to commit your own troops to guarantee the viability of such a state (via occupation), and that's not happening to a region that the US does not have direct access to and does not have enough troops to garrison

indeed, if you were looking for an example of a government that willingly gave away territory in exchange for peace, that would be the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Of course they'll overthrow the gargantuan communist party as soon as America starts bombing them, why didn't I think of this before

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

indigi posted:

thanks for this awesome post

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

fart simpson posted:

shenzhen closed all public transit yesterday, and ordered all nonessential workers to stay home this week, so yeah i think it counts as a lockdown

your welcome

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1503228173735002115?s=20&t=72Dfpvv0ZlAMM1x2Z1DrYg

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They literally believe that America is the protagonist of reality.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They literally believe that America is the protagonist of reality.

that sounds like more of a lockdown than the us ever did

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's also incredibly historically ignorant to assume that this new, democratic China would be willing to balkanize itself just on America's say-so:

The ROC doesn't even recognize outer Mongolia's independence

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I keep getting Youtube ads from the government of Japan telling me that the Sea of Japan needs to keep being called the Sea of Japan and those perfidious Koreans who want to change it to the East Sea are insane, possibly criminally insane, to even suggest that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Endman posted:

I keep getting Youtube ads from the government of Japan telling me that the Sea of Japan needs to keep being called the Sea of Japan and those perfidious Koreans who want to change it to the East Sea are insane, possibly criminally insane, to even suggest that.

West Philippine Sea, not South China Sea :agesilaus: