Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Loved the new Oh These episode, I initially thought Dr Dewey was a pretty poor second to Threadcount for Chris characters but he's really grown on me lately.

Also the Patreon just updated with mix tapes that Cord and Albee made for each other and it's the most adorable thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
meanwhile the RToM Patreon updated with five 4-axis charts by Branson. my favorite is serious-frivolous/shocked by goatse-greets goatse as an old friend.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a huge fan of the "could survive a gg allin show" matrix personally

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

I'm a huge fan of the "could survive a gg allin show" matrix personally

No surprise that Hot Roddy ranked highest on that one.

I was shocked to see that Stirfry was so low on the Horny scale.

Party Boat posted:

Also the Patreon just updated with mix tapes that Cord and Albee made for each other and it's the most adorable thing

The tapes are absolutely precious , and also confirm that Albee is a huge weeb.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Maybe you should reexamine your biases.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I know they mentioned there would be a break but it's been 6 weeks between episodes now and I am feeling itchy

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh I was wondering what the deal was there. How long are they pausing for?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Next episode is out on the 23rd!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I, Butthole posted:

I know they mentioned there would be a break but it's been 6 weeks between episodes now and I am feeling itchy

Just hold on a little longer! I know the feeling, but we'll finally be getting new episodes February 23, this Wednesday!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Time has been such a blur, generally, that I didn't realize they'd been off for so long, or that they'd even planned to take a break. i think 2 weeks just kind of generally feels like an eternity in terms of podcast release cadence, that there's functionally no difference between 2 and 6, at least not to me

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

They record in big batches over the course of a few days, the last set of episodes were from like September before their live show and they just ran out and did another “camp” recording session last month.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

New episode is out!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Strifry is a Daffy Duck and Debonesby is two goblins, what a time to be alive.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Episode reaction: Jesus Christ.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh does he finally show up?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
thank you for not spoiling this / I should not be checking this thread but I am helping a child do homework during my listening time and it is killing me

e:

lel. lol. lmao.

e2:

lmfao

e3:

loving lol

e4:

brief review of the ad break: lol

e5:

heh

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 25, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Warbird posted:

Oh does he finally show up?

Yes. Yes he does.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Feel the need to reiterate: drat I love how Branson does demons. It's certainly not a pleasant experience (nor should it be, lol) but Jesus Christ is it effective.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Stroop There It Is posted:

Feel the need to reiterate: drat I love how Branson does demons. It's certainly not a pleasant experience (nor should it be, lol) but Jesus Christ is it effective.

It's also good that they appear so rarely that it's always kind of a legitimate shock to remember how powerful they are when they do eventually show up. Like if a page of a lovecraft novel got mixed up in a looney tunes script

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's also good that they appear so rarely that it's always kind of a legitimate shock to remember how powerful they are when they do eventually show up. Like if a page of a lovecraft novel got mixed up in a looney tunes script

And yet for all their power, they keep hinting that other demons or even Cordelia's familiar can just shut them down instantly, like a rock paper scissors system they have going on.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seaborgium posted:

And yet for all their power, they keep hinting that other demons or even Cordelia's familiar can just shut them down instantly, like a rock paper scissors system they have going on.

Demons operating on Pokemon style rules where strength levels vary wildly depending on type match ups is such a good idea.

Pebis can easily beat Cheddar, but Cheddar is able to control Junior, and yet Junior can take out Pebis like he's nothing. Hell is not a hierarchy, it's a chaotic free for all that to an outside observer seem completely random.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
No context episode spoiler my roommate wanted to know why I was listening to a vore podcast

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I have utterly no memory of any prior mention of the apparent BBEG brought up in this episode. That or the apparent boons that have been a thing all along.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Warbird posted:

I have utterly no memory of any prior mention of the apparent BBEG brought up in this episode. That or the apparent boons that have been a thing all along.

He was in the first episode and then wasn’t mentioned since

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Here's what was said in the first episode:

Alright, back to the city of Polaris. Polaris University was founded during the golden age of the empire and remains functional to this day. Originally named Lexicon Matters’ School for the Brave for its founder Lexicon Matters. The school was quickly renamed for the city of Polaris after Matters was caught eating his daughter and refused to apologize saying, quote: “I have done what no man before me has done, I have founded a College. Am I not entitled to one unforgettable dining experience?”

The first episode also had the party thinking they got one boon a day from Strayd Plancis because demons can cast boon once per day.

I think I need to go relisten to the first episode. It also feels like things are gearing up for the final act which is honestly both exciting and a downer

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 26, 2022

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ok, I feel less stupid for not remembering any of that now. The one two punch of the long gap and then referencing very old episodes was too much for my feeble long term memory to track.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Crazy that de Bonesby is being taken over by his hand like Revolver Ocelot. Of course, being part Ocelot, he can now speak to animals

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Stir Fry, Frederick de Bonesby, Albeara Dawn, Jesus Christ

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

As a follow-up to when Ali and Carly played Marvel's Questprobe: The Hulk, this week's The Dogg Zzone 9000 has Tim Platt and Taylor Moore playing Marvel's Questprobe: Featuring Spider-Man!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A spicy new episode is out!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
[Senator Pepsi voice] I do declare

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm with Stirfry on this one, I love Prolapse

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flavor.flv posted:

I haven't listened to the new episode yet, but I feel like this sentence really perfectly encapsulates the whole show.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
:goatsecx:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

flavor.flv posted:

I hope Prolapse stays forever.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The scene with Prolapse and the wise man is one of the greatest scenes in media history

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm only half way through but Chris is extremely funny in this one so far

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh These, Those Casts of Show:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ohthesethose/status/1504096662603583493

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Some of them don't quite match the descriptions (like Dr. Dewey canonically has wild hair and the Baron is purple/gray-skinned) but that doesn't matter because you can still def tell who all the ones who have shown up so far are and they are all excellent.