Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Got my hoodie on while watching this BOTW hell yeah

Lol, those cold steel videos are hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
And just when I'm thinking, "This safety video has some big Shake Hands With Danger energy," Josh goes, "And there's this industrial [film] from the 70's called Shake Hands With Danger."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

No that's the Wilhelm Scream, which was named after a bit character from the 1953 movie The Charge at Feather River and originally voice by actor Sheb Wooley! :eng101:

Sheb Wooley is also dead by the way. :eng99:

got drat is anyone not dead these days

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Sheb Wooley is also dead by the way. :eng99:

Much like cinema

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Keromaru5 posted:

And just when I'm thinking, "This safety video has some big Shake Hands With Danger energy," Josh goes, "And there's this industrial [film] from the 70's called Shake Hands With Danger."

<guitar riff solemnly plays in my mind after reading this post>

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh gawwwwwwd those industrial accidents, fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
it was every tape I wanted to see; amazing

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

"Jay might like watching rubber hands get smashed by industrial equipment .. my thing is a sad lady in a bear costume. There's some sick poo poo going on in both these videos but the sicker of the poo poo is going on in General Manners" lmao

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

AHH F/UGH posted:

every cspam goon:

gently caress yeah

also so happy to finally know where Shake Hands With Danger comes from. Well There's Your Problem pod represent

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
So what are the five forbidden jokes?

Dementia
Purple hands
Jay twink
Josh sucks
?????

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

So what are the five forbidden jokes?

Dementia
Purple hands
Jay twink
Josh sucks
?????

Aaaaaaaids?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1503187082818166784?t=el3nNW0tAXyj806TdQftrA&s=19

Hmmm, everyone's real happy with me, what can I say that would ruin this moment...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
That was the best BOTW in a while, holy poo poo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Olewithmilk posted:

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1503187082818166784?t=el3nNW0tAXyj806TdQftrA&s=19

Hmmm, everyone's real happy with me, what can I say that would ruin this moment...

I saw that pop up in my twitter feed and was like wow moment over for you lady, lol.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Olewithmilk posted:

Hmm, should I wear the Slanket to the show, or the Snuggy. Choices, choices...

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Anything that makes film critics ashamed is good imo

E: almost anything

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sam Elliot was right , hate to see it

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I wonder if anyone has or will ever check that machine? There are many ancient still connected phone machines in office buildings. Phone companies frequently forget to shut them off.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
gonna pay tribute to a real g and watch william hurt turn into an electrified humanoid tumor / monkeyman in altered states

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Keromaru5 posted:

Sheb Wooley also wrote and performed the song "The Purple People Eater," which I happened to know off the top of my head because I just borrowed my dad's copy of the Dr. Demento 20th Anniversary Collection VHS, which I used to watch as a preteen. I didn't realize he was such a big part of sound effect history.

its a much better halloween song than the monster mash

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Monkey Fracas posted:

it was every tape I wanted to see; amazing
Personally would have swapped the manners kids thing for guerilla driving (or almost any of the others) but still 2 out of 3 is great, thanks demonic wheel that barely spins anymore

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

its a much better halloween song than the monster mash

The song monster mash is not the titular Monster Mash, as that is a different, presumably good, song.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pangstrom posted:

Personally would have swapped the manners kids thing for guerilla driving (or almost any of the others) but still 2 out of 3 is great, thanks demonic wheel that barely spins anymore

Oh god, I want that tape to come back for future wheels or plinketto. It looks like it's got some real Surviving Edged Weapons energy.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Oh god, I want that tape to come back for future wheels or plinketto. It looks like it's got some real Surviving Edged Weapons energy.

oh yeah that would have been great too- looks like a tape you would order out of the back of Soldier of Fortune or something

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

pangstrom posted:

Nah, you need a proper episode arc. When there's too much killer with no filler you end up having a good video get stomped on by a great one.

This had a nice balance of types of videos: one discussion-worth for being low-quality and banal, one for horrific shock value and one wtf so they all got their own different basis for commentary.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

it's a good BOTW but I think the ep with Surviving Edged Weapons is the BOTW peak

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jon Irenicus posted:

it's a good BOTW but I think the ep with Surviving Edged Weapons is the BOTW peak

I'm not entirely sure it can be topped- it being filmed in Milwaukee/the cartoonish great lakes accents really seal it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gonna make a movie about a group of insurgents. Call it guerilla interrupted.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I enjoyed the Youtube Poop essence sprinkled in to the new BOTW

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The observation deck is empty, but Annie discovers Jonah's backpack. As she pulls out his teddy bear from the bag, a group of insurgents emerge from the elevator and tear her apart with concentrated rifle fire. Guerrillas in Seattle.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oWrNQo_Ng

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
How the hell did I never notice Dave Chappelle was in You've Got Mail?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

X JAKK posted:

How the hell did I never notice Dave Chappelle was in You've Got Mail?

He's strangely good at that "rom com lead's best friend" role, which you wouldn't think he'd be. It's extremely noticeable that he's much younger than Tom Hanks, so it's bad casting even though Chappelle does well.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

TIP posted:

they gotta stop remaking classics

Goddam Bill Mahr is pathetic.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

this has nothing to do with the book lol

the book is like those early GBS bigpeeler story threads

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol Pete Davidson is going on the Bezos rocket to be the biggest dick in space.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

General Dog posted:

The movie is weird, but that’s not really an accurate content rundown. I think it’s basically PG-level

Yeah, it's also incredibly boring. I fell asleep 20 minutes in. I'M SORRY SCOTT HALL.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I vaguely remember The Baldy Man, but not well enough to say if it was funny or not. He was played by Gregor Fisher, best known for Rab C. Nesbit.

Good WotW ep that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Is the only reason Mann's involved because of the name