Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he’s almost hit him too well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I think you can legit see one of the victim's teeth fly out of his mouth on that :drat:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

just underlining 'everyone who trains muay thai is a lunatic' in my big book of the seven things I have learned as an adult

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

just underlining 'everyone who trains muay thai is a lunatic' in my big book of the seven things I have learned as an adult
Shots on Target: Aisaret Noichaiboon (1)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Gigi Galli posted:

Fist like a traction engine

I think he hits him with his elbow

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

shut up blegum posted:

I think he hits him with his elbow

Elbow like a traction engine.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ol’ Quincy isn’t having a good month

https://twitter.com/ZachLowy/status/1503358296945827844?s=20&t=c3ztxPGblYl2nLV0Dre_1A

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wouldn’t the profit on this be like a months salary for one of these guys

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jel Shaker posted:

The cut from selling 4000 kilos of coke would probably be a bit bigger than a Spartak Moscow or Ajax salary.

If it's a family thing it's not just going to be about money though.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jel Shaker posted:

Footballers are incredibly stupid OP

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

First you get the money...

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The cut from selling 4000 kilos of coke would probably be a bit bigger than a Spartak Moscow or Ajax salary.

If it's a family thing it's not just going to be about money though.

Yeah, that's something like £300m worth of coke, you're not getting that sort of money as a footballer unless you get signed by Barca after one good season in the Bundesliga

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Yeah, that's something like £300m worth of coke, you're not getting that sort of money as a footballer unless you get signed by Barca after one good season in the Bundesliga

A lot of people to pay up and down the chain but yeah, it's gonna be a lot, especially when this was just one of the shipments. 4000 kilos is like, crime lord level.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this does explain why he was willing to murder his cousin

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Could be bullshit but there is stuff flying around on social media that Calvert Lewin is due in Chester Court tomorrow over solicitation of sexual services.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Brendan Rodgers posted:

A lot of people to pay up and down the chain but yeah, it's gonna be a lot, especially when this was just one of the shipments. 4000 kilos is like, crime lord level.

That's almost a fifth of what the CIA were smuggling every day in the 80s, that's pretty hardcore.

But yeah any time you're going beyond a kilo you're into Serious Business, which really begs the question why they needed a footballer to front up the money, and suggests there might be some even juicier (or possibly much, much funnier) details in there.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Could be bullshit but there is stuff flying around on social media that Calvert Lewin is due in Chester Court tomorrow over solicitation of sexual services.

As long as he was soliciting them from a human being of legal age that's almost a breath of fresh air.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jose posted:

this does explain why he was willing to murder his cousin

Imagine how many smaller distributors and dealers it would take to sell a shipment of 4 million grams of coke, when users buy 1-7 grams at a time, and also the chain of logistics that got that shipment to Holland. I bet he's involved in some really nasty stuff that we'll never hear about.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Jel Shaker posted:

Absolutely not. Cocaine is the most profitable substance in the world.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I had thought his crimes were primarily fashion related.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I refuse to believe that. He can gently caress my gf

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

If true I guarantee that one of his friends or teammates was also going to participate in the sexual services.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
As long as it wasn't Sigurdsson

c0burn fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 15, 2022

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Tabloids saying it's for speeding and failing to produce ID, even more refreshing.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Footballers just don't get done for speeding like they used to. Games gone

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/4_4_fucking_two/status/1503775587101515778

Bit odd it went to court, 58 in a 50 is bang on the threshold for prosecution (10%+3mph). I suppose they wanted the money from the sliding-scale fine rather than the £60 fixed penalty notice you'd normally get for that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I was confused as to how you get £1600 for doing 8 over before learning it’s on a sliding scale. lol.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Or why you get out on bail for rape and assault :thunk:

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/4_4_fucking_two/status/1503775587101515778

Bit odd it went to court, 58 in a 50 is bang on the threshold for prosecution (10%+3mph). I suppose they wanted the money from the sliding-scale fine rather than the £60 fixed penalty notice you'd normally get for that.

I read somewhere that he refused to identify himself when he was stopped lol, maybe thats why it went to court.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Myssu posted:

I read somewhere that he refused to identify himself when he was stopped lol, maybe thats why it went to court.

There's no legal requirement to carry ID in the UK, even a driving license when driving, but plod really don't like it when people actually point that out and I can certainly see them going "Right Mr. Clever-Dick, enjoy your day in court" and doing all the paperwork rather than pushing the FPN button.

(Also I can *definitely* see a copper pulling over a person of colour in a very expensive car on the flimsiest of excuses and then prosecuting them to the fullest extent of the law, my pasty white arse has gotten off with a warning for triple-digit speeds on NSL roads more than once)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's no legal requirement to carry ID in the UK, even a driving license when driving, but plod really don't like it when people actually point that out and I can certainly see them going "Right Mr. Clever-Dick, enjoy your day in court" and doing all the paperwork rather than pushing the FPN button.

(Also I can *definitely* see a copper pulling over a person of colour in a very expensive car on the flimsiest of excuses and then prosecuting them to the fullest extent of the law, my pasty white arse has gotten off with a warning for triple-digit speeds on NSL roads more than once)

This is presuming he wasnt picked up by a traffic camera and sent a notice.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

This is presuming he wasnt picked up by a traffic camera and sent a notice.

*Definitely* wouldn't have gone to court then, the whole point of gatsos is cheapness and 58 in a 50 would have have automatically triggered an FPN, there's no human in the chain. The only way to end up in court for anything below about 20% over the speed limit (apart from in special circumstances) is a) you get pulled over and the copper decides to send it to court instead of going for an FPN or b) you get caught by a camera and you decide to dispute it.

Actually b) might even be the case, the reports seem a bit vague as to whether or not he pled guilty.

e: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dominic-calvert-lewin-court-everton-26469659

quote:

Chester Magistrates’ Court heard on Tuesday that Calvert-Lewin’s vehicle was recorded speeding on the A533 Central Expressway southbound near Halton Lodge towards Beechwood at 1.08pm on August 18 last year. His Lamborghini was travelling at 58mph in a 50mph zone.

After initially pleading not guilty to speeding and a charge of failing to provide information, Calvert-Lewin - who was not present in court and lives in Bowdon, Altrincham - changed his speeding plea to guilty via his legal representation Barry Warburton. Prosecutor Michael O’Kane offered no evidence on the charge of failing to provide information meaning the charge was dropped.

So sounds like he tried to play silly buggers and not name the driver when he got the Notice of Intended Prosecution then changed his plea to guilty at the last minute, presumably because they offered him a deal of dropping the failure to provide details.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 16, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That's a massive amount of wine. Wonder what it'll take from him to stop getting jobs in football at this point

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1504806033386053663?t=QgsKiVYtpxU2b_wMopuloQ&s=19

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Jose posted:

That's a massive amount of wine. Wonder what it'll take from him to stop getting jobs in football at this point

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1504806033386053663?t=QgsKiVYtpxU2b_wMopuloQ&s=19

i have some bad news concerning white men facing consequences for their actions op

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

his kind of football smarts just doesn't come around that much

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

ex wife surely?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jel Shaker posted:

ex wife surely?
Have a seat and allow me tell you about these things called "Trauma Bonding" and "Stockholm Syndrome"...

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Alternatively let's not

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

ex wife surely?

Well…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Someone needs to get her somewhere safe