Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How hard is the Relic Weapon Questline and EX Trial to get the Shadowbringers job armor dyeable?

Would really like this GNB coat to be black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Electric Phantasm posted:

How hard is the Relic Weapon Questline and EX Trial to get the Shadowbringers job armor dyeable?

You unlock the EX version after a solo instance but the fight isn't too hard, especially now with the ability to unsync it.

It's very straightforward, mostly about positioning.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Time to get Nerdy, For the first time in multiple years I have the free time to participate in the Grindstone.

Grindstone is an RP Fight tournament ran every Saturday night in Balmung. I used to be a regular attendee before work changed my hours. To celebrate I thought I would do an After Action Report of my fights. The battles are pure RNG by the way, so it is more an exercise in crafting a narrative that fits what the /random told us.

My first match was against a Roe Warrior by the name of Red Quake. I was not yet thinking to take a ton of screenshots to take extensive notes so this is going by memory.

Yolo had won initiative and charged in first to the side and spun around to swing the greatsword to the back of her knees, (Grindstone does not let you use any of your cool aetherical abilities, and they don't like it if you point out that using your muscles uses Aether), Red Quake then lifter herself off the ground doing a wide axe swing at me as she did so, I was sent skidding off to the side before charging back in trying to slide beneath her legs to get behind her, only for her to catch me by the back of my sharlyan fending jacket, and lift me to the sky to try and power slam me into the ground. The dice said that I was to get out of this unharmed somehow... So Yolocaza lifter her arms straight up and well,

How undignified, anyways Red then swings her axed down towards me where Yolo then sidestepped it entirely and hilt jabbed her in the wrist ending the fight.

Next up was the man bunn Ragnar Akuma as a Samurai

He at first ran up towards me and just kicked me backwards, Yolo braked herself by digging her sword into the ground. then rand back towards him before using her sword to pole vault a double foot kick towards his face, alas he caught me out of the air and like Red he tried throw me into the ground. Yolo managed to squirm herself into position and wrap her legs around his arm and not let go until she managed to first swing my sword down towards him, he chose to describe the hit with a massive blood spray which was not my intention.
He then dropped to the ground and Yolo then swung the flat of her blade at the back of his knee making him kneel. He then forgot his sword entirely and tried to swing clawed gauntlets right at me, But Yolo simply took a step back before swinging the flat of her blade down upon his skull knocking him out.

The next match went to an acrobatic Gladiator who is totally not a paladin named Kataj Ravel.

Yolocaza won initiative again and buldozed through her legs during a charge, Kataj got back onto their feet rather quickly and proceeded to striker her blade down hard into Yolo's shoulder. As she loses the grip of her sword with her dominant hand from the pain she tries yet fails to deliver a gutpunch to Kataj. This led to Yolo receiving an axe kick down to the same shoulder slamming her down into a 3 point stance, Yolo proceeds to shove her self back onto her feet and attempt a one armed sword swing at her oponent only for that to fail as well. Kataj then grabs Yolo with both hands and proceeds to try to powerbomb the lalafell. Yolo's sword left behind in the dust as she is spun towards the ground but she still manages to maneuver herself to land on her feet, she then decides to fight like the thaumaturge she actually is, by fighting dirty, as they are still close together from the failed powerbomb Yolocaza flat out grabs her hair and delivers a throat punch. The next hit from either of them would win the fight! Alas Yolocaza is the one to receive a headbut and be knocked out cold

and that was my night. Don't worry, I don't intend to do these write ups again. I was just happy to get some RP in again after so long.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

At 90 it can still kill you if you don't do the mechanics right. Groups i've seen are basically half the the group kind of knowing what to do and being able to limp through it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

How common is it to learn about the edge's of the arena in E1N the hard way?

very

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I did my first glamor plate today. I'm stupid happy about the moogle katana. It helps put the whole "goofy JRPG protagonist" thing together.

Also it squeaks like a moogle when you draw it.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Warmachine posted:

Also it squeaks like a moogle when you draw it.
Nice, I love moogle gear. What glasses are those?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Pince-nez from Dzemael Darkhold.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Pince-nez, they drop from the first boss of Dzemael Darkhold and like all gear from Darkhold can be sold on the MB.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am still upset SE hasn't done Moogle gear for the new jobs

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I am still upset SE hasn't done Moogle gear for the new jobs

yes, Moogle weapons for Sage please

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have been wanting a Moogle gunblade for literal years now

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, we still don't have chocobo bardings for Ifrit, Titan. Garuda or Good King Moggle Mog XII.

Also, change it so that if your bird is wearing all 3 pieces of a specific boss's barding, it replaces the chocobo mount music to that boss track.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 13, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh hey, that reminds me, there'll have to be new Yokai weapons for Sage and Reaper when/if they do another round of that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

memoria miseria ex took 2 pulls iirc when i just did it to unlock mentor roulette after ew dropped.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

im going to force mentors to do all ex trials synced

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Catching up on content I missed or skipped.

Did Cid just build me a Gundam??

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Catching up on content I missed or skipped.

Did Cid just build me a Gundam??

Yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't think I'm gonna have a better run of the final trial than I just did. We beat it at the exact moment the music was about to start looping. Couldn't have timed it better on purpose.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.
Had a tank who managed to get 5 vuln stacks on the second boss of the final endwalker dungeon. Die. Rezz but didn't have tank stance and let me have the tank buster after half a dozen autos.

I wanted to give in to despair.

Edit: Running SCH in a good group is fun because of expedite and being able to just put a phat shield on a tank + excog and then being able to ignore them for MAXIMUM DPS but oh man when that synergy isn't there and the DPS make more mistakes than you have resources to patch up.

Fiye fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 14, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Weeks late but I don't care.

Won both the weapon and chest coffers so I'm officially BIS too. What a great fight. Loved every minute of it!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been wanting a Moogle gunblade for literal years now

Make it so it squeaks when you use a cartridge skill.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The sage moogle weapon should just be 4 regular moogles that follow you around.

e: maybe 4 moogles holding little nouliths like wands? I'm imagining the eukrasian dosis animation with this in mind and it seems very funny to me.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 14, 2022

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Heavensward LP hopes you brought some sky buckles, because they're about to get sky swashed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

e: maybe 4 moogles holding little nouliths like wands? I'm imagining the eukrasian dosis animation with this in mind and it seems very funny to me.

Just have it be 4 Moogles and lasers just come out of their mouths or poms.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm thinking 4 moogles clingling to the bits as they rocket around

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I would unironically pay real money to have moogles shoot laz0rbeams that heal my party members.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dancer Moogle weapons would be way too hard to design.

Make them Namazu instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Furnaceface posted:

Dancer Moogle weapons would be way too hard to design.

Make them Namazu instead.

You're just holding namazu by the feet and they have chakrams in their hands.

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

Little Ladies' Day 2022

I think that the devs may have ran out of ideas as to what to do for the Little Ladies' Day event. Feels like the event had pretty much nothing to do with the actual lore. Valentine's and Little Ladies' day were combined last year too. If the devs are out of ideas as to what to do with the holiday, then why not just call the March seasonal event something else?

Also kinda disappointing there were no housing decorations to buy this time around.

Easter event is next month. Hope it has something fun like the riddles.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I like the red mage one. It looks like there's no moogle but it's in your purse.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Now I feel slightly bad for not having anything to help but also you're welcome on the compliment?

Compliments, thanks, and congratulations made it worth posting. Believe me it's nicer than hearing helpful advice like "try it on Linux".

Feel free to link the effortpost to anyone who gets the issue in your FC or off-site.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I haven't done this year's LLD yet, but yeah, it kinda feels like once they retired the Songbirds, they didn't really know what to replace them with.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I'm too lazy to go look this up, but I feel like the events immediately after an expansion are always weaker than later ones.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I think of the MSQ so far, "Guardian of Eorzia" has made me smile the most. A bunch of people chilling out to watch a for-funsies fight between the Warrior of Light and two other Scions and having a good time is just the right amount of heartwarming.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Twibbit posted:

Time to get Nerdy, For the first time in multiple years I have the free time to participate in the Grindstone.

Grindstone is an RP Fight tournament ran every Saturday night in Balmung. I used to be a regular attendee before work changed my hours. To celebrate I thought I would do an After Action Report of my fights. The battles are pure RNG by the way, so it is more an exercise in crafting a narrative that fits what the /random told us.

My first match was against a Roe Warrior by the name of Red Quake. I was not yet thinking to take a ton of screenshots to take extensive notes so this is going by memory.

Yolo had won initiative and charged in first to the side and spun around to swing the greatsword to the back of her knees, (Grindstone does not let you use any of your cool aetherical abilities, and they don't like it if you point out that using your muscles uses Aether), Red Quake then lifter herself off the ground doing a wide axe swing at me as she did so, I was sent skidding off to the side before charging back in trying to slide beneath her legs to get behind her, only for her to catch me by the back of my sharlyan fending jacket, and lift me to the sky to try and power slam me into the ground. The dice said that I was to get out of this unharmed somehow... So Yolocaza lifter her arms straight up and well,

How undignified, anyways Red then swings her axed down towards me where Yolo then sidestepped it entirely and hilt jabbed her in the wrist ending the fight.

Next up was the man bunn Ragnar Akuma as a Samurai

He at first ran up towards me and just kicked me backwards, Yolo braked herself by digging her sword into the ground. then rand back towards him before using her sword to pole vault a double foot kick towards his face, alas he caught me out of the air and like Red he tried throw me into the ground. Yolo managed to squirm herself into position and wrap her legs around his arm and not let go until she managed to first swing my sword down towards him, he chose to describe the hit with a massive blood spray which was not my intention.
He then dropped to the ground and Yolo then swung the flat of her blade at the back of his knee making him kneel. He then forgot his sword entirely and tried to swing clawed gauntlets right at me, But Yolo simply took a step back before swinging the flat of her blade down upon his skull knocking him out.

The next match went to an acrobatic Gladiator who is totally not a paladin named Kataj Ravel.

Yolocaza won initiative again and buldozed through her legs during a charge, Kataj got back onto their feet rather quickly and proceeded to striker her blade down hard into Yolo's shoulder. As she loses the grip of her sword with her dominant hand from the pain she tries yet fails to deliver a gutpunch to Kataj. This led to Yolo receiving an axe kick down to the same shoulder slamming her down into a 3 point stance, Yolo proceeds to shove her self back onto her feet and attempt a one armed sword swing at her oponent only for that to fail as well. Kataj then grabs Yolo with both hands and proceeds to try to powerbomb the lalafell. Yolo's sword left behind in the dust as she is spun towards the ground but she still manages to maneuver herself to land on her feet, she then decides to fight like the thaumaturge she actually is, by fighting dirty, as they are still close together from the failed powerbomb Yolocaza flat out grabs her hair and delivers a throat punch. The next hit from either of them would win the fight! Alas Yolocaza is the one to receive a headbut and be knocked out cold

and that was my night. Don't worry, I don't intend to do these write ups again. I was just happy to get some RP in again after so long.

I saw someone yelling about boxing matches on Coeurl, how do those work? I figure I need to, since I'm playing the biggest, baldest roe named Punch Rockgroin so it should at least be entertaining for people.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DelphiAegis posted:

I would unironically pay real money to have moogles shoot laz0rbeams that heal my party members.

Same. There are so many old weapon families that I want Sage weapons from that we probably won't get and it makes me a sad Sage main.

I want Moogle nouliths and Titania nouliths and Shinryu nouliths and and and...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

drat, new mogtome event has a bunch of stuff that I want. Ugh

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

S.J. posted:

drat, new mogtome event has a bunch of stuff that I want. Ugh

Get your Blue Mage going, blasting out synced Aurum Vale runs with three other BLUs will get you what you want in no time.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Chillgamesh posted:

Get your Blue Mage going, blasting out synced Aurum Vale runs with three other BLUs will get you what you want in no time.

True, I think I've got some of what I need there already. I just get so bored running the same thing a billion times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I did the last mogtomb event casually and got everything before the end. There's no need to grind it all in one day if you don't want.