Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m not talking about elevating to a champion ship

yeah obviously you need two great players most times . or more

I’m talking about like being .. a one or two seed in the regular season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like Giannis was taking a team of flotsam to the one seed consistently which was what - in part - justified him winning multiple mvps!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Azathoth posted:

the biggest NBA myth is that any one player is capable of elevating a mediocre roster to a championship. lebron couldn't do it, jordan never had to because of pippen.

jokic isn't as good as his mind boggling numbers but he definitely generates a bunch of wins. just not enough

LeBron got that cavs team to the finals in 07, Iverson dragged absolute bums in 01. Jokic should be able to do that if he’s god mvp

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Giannis took a team whose second best player was ERIC BLEDSOE to the 1 seed !

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Giannis took a team whose second best player was ERIC BLEDSOE to the 1 seed !

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I’m not talking about elevating to a champion ship

yeah obviously you need two great players most times . or more

I’m talking about like being .. a one or two seed in the regular season

If you're missing your second best player the entire season you flat out aren't going to get that one seed. I don't think any team in the league could do it. Denver's roster is pretty mediocre after Jokic and Murray.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

monte Morris has played in 61 games

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

LeBron got that cavs team to the finals in 07, Iverson dragged absolute bums in 01. Jokic should be able to do that if he’s god mvp

yeah, he's not that good, he's in the top 10 players currently active, probably top 5, but he's not those two and he's not carry a team to the finals good

my point was that just because he isn't doing that doesn't mean he isn't winning his team games

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that’s true

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
khris middleton is good

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Azathoth posted:

the biggest NBA myth is that any one player is capable of elevating a mediocre roster to a championship. lebron couldn't do it, jordan never had to because of pippen.

jokic isn't as good as his mind boggling numbers but he definitely generates a bunch of wins. just not enough

kawhi did :twisted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

kawhi did :twisted:

how dare u

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
im trolling myself really

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dreylad posted:

im trolling myself really

people give him enough credit as a truly elite player but yeah lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

advanced stats are bullshit and I’ll never be convinced otherwise

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

it’s the most bullshit thing ever that a player can post big numbers but still look like poo poo and his team also loses all the time and some idiot is like “actually he’s the best player in the world”

it’s not hard

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i think people saw lebron drag those dogshit cavs teams into playoff runs every year and not realize that it takes a once-in-a-generation talent to be able to do that and that it's not just something that you can buy with a max contract

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

it’s the most bullshit thing ever that a player can post big numbers but still look like poo poo and his team also loses all the time and some idiot is like “actually he’s the best player in the world”

it’s not hard

Advanced stats aren't going to like you if your team is always losing unless you barely play at all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

just heard a review of Nate Duncan’s podcast that said “Dunc’d On touches humor with a pole that is forced to adapt to the curvature of the Earth”

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

indigi posted:

there's a reason why the conference was called the LEASTern conference back then

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I don’t care if the sixers win a ring or not, I need them to get out of the east for maximum seasonal enjoyment

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers would be crushed by Miami Milwaukee or Brooklyn

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Yes all efforts are wasted before our ascended king, for atleast 2 more years, longer if he learns role player skills like steph.

Femur fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 15, 2022

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
the heat aren’t impressive when you look at their stats against teams over .500, the nets have just as much of a chance to implode as the sixers and no brook Lopez has me delusional enough to think they can survive against the bucks

tbh at this point I’m more scared of the Celtics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s mostly match up based re heat sixers

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

sixera

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

How's Embiid vs. Jokic going, and what's the Super Bowl hype multiplier on this one??

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
they both got that dog in em

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

How's Embiid vs. Jokic going, and what's the Super Bowl hype multiplier on this one??

they are both playing well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hype meter is busted for awhile

nets game killed me

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Trash

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nah that was a good game . back to backs are tough . nuggets made shots

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah it was Bones Hyland's night

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

denver bench outscoring philly bench by a factor of 3.5 seems bad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bench players traditionally die the second night of a b2b

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/roobnbcs/status/1503553791215423497?s=21

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
eye popping stats there, and now I’m watching the kings run the bulls out of the gym :mrapig:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Towns with 60 points today on 31 shots. I'm looking at his stats... he has a 52/40/80 split but only attempts 16 shots a game. Criminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

Towns with 60 points today on 31 shots. I'm looking at his stats... he has a 52/40/80 split but only attempts 16 shots a game. Criminal

he also won the skills championship at the all star weekend a couple years back