Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GHNeale/status/1503686962351419396

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Lol it is so transparently opportunistic

I am extremely glad she is likely on her way home soon though

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Masterstroke by Boris, getting the poor woman locked up, waiting till all the fuss dies down, then get her released raking in the kudos (and oil).

We must not become addicted to Russian oil my friends, for you will resent its absence. Saudi oil on the other hand is great, have at it.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Masterstroke by Boris, getting the poor woman locked up, waiting till all the fuss dies down, then get her released raking in the kudos (and oil).

We must not become addicted to Russian oil my friends, for you will resent its absence. Saudi oil on the other hand is great, have at it.

It's Iranian oil tbf.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

JoylessJester posted:

It's Iranian oil tbf.

Oh yeah we're also buying a poo poo load from Saudi Arabia too

https://twitter.com/CarolineLucas/status/1503490418834649092?t=EPKkFBZE1Kz_t7BaN7Eoxw

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
thanks ristar

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
It's obviously opportunist as poo poo but if this means normalising our relations with Iran it's a good thing and a long time coming.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Never saw it but never apologise for being rude online, it's what it's for. Never be kind online.

I’ll apologise for what I want, you loving oval office!!! :argh:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's obviously opportunist as poo poo but if this means normalising our relations with Iran it's a good thing and a long time coming.

It's "Graham Linehan having a moment of self-awareness" levels of unlikely, but imagine a future where Iran can supply us enough oil we don't have to give a poo poo about Saudi Arabia? Or at least they don't have enough of a stranglehold on our body politic that we can consign Newcastle United back to the Phantom Zone?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can we combine the lot and just consign Glinner to the Iran zone.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

drat, Ristar, haven't seen that little bastard in years. Never did complete the game either

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Can we combine the lot and just consign Glinner to the Iran zone.

The UK should not dispose of its waste by shipping it overseas.

Or dumping it in rivers, for that matter, we don't need fishman glinner abducting children to gender them.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

The UK should not dispose of its waste by shipping it overseas.

Or dumping it in rivers, for that matter, we don't need fishman glinner abducting children to gender them.

The Spirit of Dork and Lonely Poster

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
This so called "oil" is just woke nonsense you're born a dinosaur you stay a dinosaur you can't just become a liquid I know science

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

If Government is serious about human rights and tackling #ClimateEmergency,

ahahhahhahaahahhahaahhaha

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

If anyone has twitter, and wants to make some noise...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/3280608/Lord-Mandelson-fails-to-rule-out-discussing-tariff-decision-with-Oleg-Deripaska.html

quote:

The business secretary, Lord Mandelson, has failed to deny discussing aluminium tariffs with the Russian metals magnate Oleg Deripaska, who entertained him on his yacht in Corfu.

Maybe posting this link a lot on tweets by people who suddenly care about Kremlin money will hurt that oval office.

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 15, 2022

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Welp, just got the email from my energy provider, and my monthly direct debit is going up by 73% from next month. Even though I've somehow managed to stay in credit over the winter. Fuuuuuuck!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I've received my final bill from the corpse of Peoples Energy and it's £30. Phew, I was worried I'd get rinsed in an error that would be a nightmare to fix.

Funny thing is I switched away from them 2 days before the market shat itself, a move I call pulling a Jaeluni (the switch, not the shatting)

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I've received my final bill from the corpse of Peoples Energy and it's £30. Phew, I was worried I'd get rinsed in an error that would be a nightmare to fix.

Funny thing is I switched away from them 2 days before the market shat itself, a move I call pulling a Jaeluni (the switch, not the shatting)

It only qualifies as a Full-Jaeluni if you had all of your calculations done in Lotus 1-2-3 and printed by a dot matrix.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
110,000 new cases today, that's great

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Barry Foster posted:

110,000 new cases today, that's great
Yeah, it's loving everywhere again, my CTO got it a couple of weeks ago and despite being triple-jabbed with no pre-existing conditions, he really struggled for breath for a few days and almost admitted himself to hospital. He didn't in the end, but it's so far from gone away it's pretty terrifying that we're all just pretending it's finished now.

Loonytoad Quack fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 15, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

biglads posted:

It only qualifies as a Full-Jaeluni if you had all of your calculations done in Lotus 1-2-3 and printed by a dot matrix.

Dude, pipedream on my z88 please. None of this new fangled stuff. Getting it to talk to the manual typewriter was a challenge.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

https://twitter.com/AdamJSchwarz/status/1503777104055484427

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Isabel Oakeshott is… not a reliable source.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Noxville posted:

Isabel Oakeshott is… not a reliable source.

How she got and dealt with the evidence cited is characteristically awful.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-journalist-kept-russias-secret-links-to-brexit-under-wraps

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Seeing a massive riot squad turn out to remove four people from an oligarch's third or fourth home reminded me that at Crufts this weekend, West Midlands Police wrapped up their crime doggo display with KRS-One's 'Sound of da Police' without a hint of irony, comprehension of what the song is actually about, or even apparently having listened to anything more than the first line of the chorus. As it kept playing I was waiting for it to be hurriedly faded out, but it took a good minute before that happened. As police dogs say, arf.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Yeah, it's loving everywhere again, my CTO got it a couple of weeks ago and despite being triple-jabbed with no pre-existing conditions, he really struggled for breath for a few days and almost admitted himself to hospital. He didn't in the end, but it's so far from gone away it's pretty terrifying that we're all just pretending it's finished now.

Yup. My bro and SIL, my best mate, even my therapist got it in the last week and a half (I narrowly dodged a bullet on that last one, I'd stopped wearing my mask at our appointments, stupidly)

Not gonna be not wearing the mask for a long, long, long time, I think.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Barry Foster posted:

Yup. My bro and SIL, my best mate, even my therapist got it in the last week and a half (I narrowly dodged a bullet on that last one, I'd stopped wearing my mask at our appointments, stupidly)

Not gonna be not wearing the mask for a long, long, long time, I think.

Yeah, friend and loads of other people caught it at a funeral last week (she's treble vaccinated + boosted) but with all that hugging and whatnot at funerals that goes on, it spreads like wildfire.
My mum and sister are going to a funeral tomorrow and I've told them both to keep masks on and try as much as possible to avoid physical contact.

Talking to our treasurer too today, lots of her relatives have come down with it after a family do. She didn't go as she is in the 'very vulnerable' category.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 15, 2022

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I managed to get Covid literally the day before I started annual leave and am in my bed coughing like I'm trying to spit out a lung. No happy.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
A couple of people in the department have had it in the last week or so and had it pretty bad.

I'm still masking up on public transport, despite fog-face. Plenty of people with nasty hacking coughs and I want no part of that, thankyouverymuch.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Uncle died week and a half a go (was a wankbag to everyone including his own kids so not a great loss but as family you have to go), and his wife is a rabid anti-vaxxer.
She was telling her own kids not to get the vaccine or booster, because you know, Bill Gates 5G, Soros Illuminati, and still thought it was fake when 9 grandkids of hers went down with it in one go a few months back.
So we were scared my mother would get it from the wake and/or funeral itself, but thankfully didn't.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
If you think you've read the meltiest take... think again.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britain-was-right-to-embrace-the-oligarchs-6rrtjh0zj

Pastebin because paywalls: https://pastebin.com/F7c5Aq5Z

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

A Wasteman posted:

Should you cut off a dog’s tail in one go? Or in slices? Thirty years ago, when I was running the Social Market Foundation think tank, we held a debate on liberalisation in Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union. Our star speaker was the American economist Professor Jeffrey Sachs. And it was he who brought up the dog’s tail.

British Veterinary Association posted:

Tail docking should be banned as a procedure for all breeds of dogs, unless it is carried out by a veterinary surgeon for medical reasons (eg injury).

Puppies suffer unnecessary pain as a result of tail docking and are deprived of a vital form of canine expression in later life. Research published in Vet Record found that approximately 500 dogs would need to be docked in order to prevent a single tail injury.

Hmm maybe the answer all along was "you shouldn't do either you econ school ghouls" :hmmyes:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I would bomb a tail docker

I am pro tail

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jeherrin posted:

If you think you've read the meltiest take... think again.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britain-was-right-to-embrace-the-oligarchs-6rrtjh0zj

Pastebin because paywalls: https://pastebin.com/F7c5Aq5Z

Finkelstein is a loving twat

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Finkelstein is a loving twat

He's the Wario of the good Finkelstein

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Drafting my article "should neoliberal economists be castrated using the rubber band method or the thing you chuck onto a drill and it goes vvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvv and their baws twist off and then you daub some iodine on?" with a recommendation of further experimentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Oh poo poo we forgot to post the

:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - 15 March 2022 :siren:

Just a quick one this month. We're still going, and to nobody's surprise we have experienced a recent uptick in requests relating to heating and electricity bills. Thanks to your ongoing generosity, we have been able to absorb this quite well and continue keeping goons on their feet/fed/warm etc.

Committee Elections

You guys clearly think the current committee is doing a stellar job, as there were no new self-nominations, nor any objections to the existing committee members continuing for another year. Thanks everyone! We will endeavour to live up to your trust.

Charitable Status Application

As of today, we have finally submitted our application to the Charity Commission. We are awaiting their response within the next few days. I'd be surprised if they don't come back with any queries/change requests, so it may still be a slightly drawn-out process, but we'll keep you updated on that. Once it's all sorted, we should be able to accept PayPal donations again, and also we should be able to claim Gift Aid on your donations which will be a-ma-zing!

February Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts:

Cumulative donations and payouts:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, no how minor or unimportant you think your need may be, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. If there is something in your life that would make things easier, get in touch. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Mar 16, 2022