Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I cannot find any sort of mushrooms for sale locally to me besides agaricus bisporus' different states, shiitake, and oyster. If I want all the other types I want to eat, I am apparently just going to have to grow the drat things myself, and meeeeeeh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I give my cat treats every morning around 8. I heard howling and scratching at my door around 8 this morning, went and gave him treats then started getting ready for the day. Feeling like absolute rear end, very bleary today. Then it hit me:

How the gently caress did this cat remember Spring Forward and I didn't?!

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I cannot find any sort of mushrooms for sale locally to me besides agaricus bisporus' different states, shiitake, and oyster. If I want all the other types I want to eat, I am apparently just going to have to grow the drat things myself, and meeeeeeh.

Farmers markets? There's always some dude growing cool stuff in his closet.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Atticus_1354 posted:

Farmers markets? There's always some dude growing cool stuff in his closet.

That's where I can get the oyster mushrooms, but haven't found anything else at the market in my city, or the one is the neighboring county.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

edit: wrong thread

Manager Hoyden has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Mar 13, 2022

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Ever since I quit drinking I've been shoveling candy into my gaping maw like there's no tomorrow. Apparently this is common since you're not getting the sugar from alcoholic drinks that you used to but also I would like to not do this. Flavored seltzer water is helping a little but ugggghhhhhh

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I don't start my next job until 28th, and I'm so bored.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Flavored seltzer water is helping a little but ugggghhhhhh

That's another first world problem -- the only free beverage in the fridge at my old office was seltzer water, which is gross. :smith:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Squirting some lemon or lime juice into the seltzer might help?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm no sure which one of us you were addressing (probably not me), but I have yet to encounter a flavor that makes seltzer water good, lemon & lime included.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Lots of people don’t like it, which is understandable. I didn’t like seltzer for a long time then suddenly got a taste for it for reasons I can’t remember. I still like it although it definitely doesn’t help with cravings (and I know nothing will ever hit like alcohol) although eating a shitload of candy definitely does :shepface:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
loving ebay just limited my account because "For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we still need you to update your details on your PayPal account to continue using your PayPal account."

And tells me to:
  • Click on the notification icon.
  • Update your details.

This is about the tenth email they've sent one of these and every time I go to the site and check the notification icon and every time there's nothing there. So I just go to my account details and look at all my personal and security options and they're all set, nothing is flagged.

So I contact ebay telling them I'm all set and can they please stop limiting my account. They send back "For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we still need you to update your details on your PayPal account to continue using your PayPal account."

:eng99:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Change a random thing to something else and back again to get ticked off in the database? :v:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Our temporary apartment smells like cigarettes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ruffian Price posted:

Change a random thing to something else and back again to get ticked off in the database? :v:

That was my very first though, too. Went and changed every single entry in my "Personal Information" and "Sign in and Security" one after the other. Nada.

Guess I'll just keep sending emails and harassing their help department.

:sigh:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

PayPal customer support is useless. When I changed my name, they put my first and middle names in as my first name. When I tried to get them to take my middle name out of it, I was told by multiple reps that "in order to change your name you must provide legal documentation of the change".

:psyduck:

So I closed the account and reopened it without my middle name.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I was all excited at the first pick for the last get together with some previous coworkers of mine, before one of them moves several states away, because for once I'd be able to buy an actual meal (Just a Beyond burger, but hey, actual meal woo). But then they switched it to somewhere else, and oh boy, I get french fries and fruit.

I don't make a big deal of it, because I'm the one with the restriction, not them. But whhhhhhhy do so many places not even have one entree or appetizer that can at least be modified easily to be vegan. whinewhinebitchmoancomplain

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I was all excited at the first pick for the last get together with some previous coworkers of mine, before one of them moves several states away, because for once I'd be able to buy an actual meal (Just a Beyond burger, but hey, actual meal woo). But then they switched it to somewhere else, and oh boy, I get french fries and fruit.

I don't make a big deal of it, because I'm the one with the restriction, not them. But whhhhhhhy do so many places not even have one entree or appetizer that can at least be modified easily to be vegan. whinewhinebitchmoancomplain

I'm keto and I honestly feel like being vegan is easier nowadays. Everyone at work only hangs out at bars and I can't have beer or any fried food with batter or pretty much anything served for parties.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm keto and I honestly feel like being vegan is easier nowadays. Everyone at work only hangs out at bars and I can't have beer or any fried food with batter or pretty much anything served for parties.

It can be super easy now, yeah. But some places, reading the menu is still an exercise in frustration as you try to figure out how to cobble together a meal out of it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I managed to fix my PayPal account. I'd gone through every option on eBay and PayPal, changed everything, clicked everywhere. Nothing.

So I went to make a small purchase on eBay and a popup told me my account had been limited. I clicked the option in the popup to go to PayPay update my account. Changed nothing and now everything works.

:pseudo:

edit: wording

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Mar 26, 2022

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

So many shows and movies are made with high-end led or OLED in mind, so they're super dark on my reliable old television. Not a majority, but an increasing number

Like I want to watch Yellowjackets but it looks like the daylight scenes are at night and the night scenes are in an unlit cave

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I have the same problem with my 10 year old plasma TV.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Looking forward to The Batman

Three hours of subtitles and subtle flashes of dark gray on an otherwise black screen

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It's spring in Michigan, which means it was in the 60s for a couple days. Shortly after, birds to carpet bombed my car in poo poo, and then it went below freezing before I could wash it off.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

I got covid last month. Got it p easy, was basically over after a few days of fever and fatigue.

Except my left eye. It keeps leaking, all the time. I look like I'm very slowly crying out of one eye. What a dumb ailment to get.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

The placement of my phone’s side buttons makes it so I sometimes accidentally take a screenshot of my lock screen when grabbing it. It doesn’t happen frequently enough to really irritate me but every now and then I’ll go to my camera roll and find some lock screens in there and then I feel mildly stupid :(

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

My employer has a huge campus and wifi is generally available everywhere but it sucks outdoors, to the point that it really doesn't work. That's fine, but my phone won't switch over to cell data unless it completely drops the wifi connection

Because the campus is so huge I have like three minutes of driving where I can't use Spotify because the dang phone is holding onto that one last wifi bar hoping to squeeze some data out of it in vain

My only option is to manually turn off wifi on the way out but that's like four seconds of effort and also I sometimes forget to turn it back on, meaning I use cell data until I notice

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I go back to work tomorrow after six weeks of paid parental leave :( Glad I at least got the time that I did.

Dr Christmas posted:

It's spring in Michigan, which means it was in the 60s for a couple days. Shortly after, birds to carpet bombed my car in poo poo, and then it went below freezing before I could wash it off.

As a Michigan ex-pat I got a hearty chuckle out of this. Big mood.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I am pretty sure I have developed an allergy to my favorite chapstick. I'm already allergic to many artificial scents, and many deodorants, making not being a stinky ashy bastard enough of a challenge, and now it takes my chapstick?! Noooooo.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The app for my new bluetooth-enabled sous vide circulator just sets the temperature on the device. The device has temp controls right on it and they're easier to use

Why did they make an app to replace a button

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I have one of the early kickstarter Anova circulators, and some water got in to the wheel encoder, so you can change the temp using the onboard controls but any time you move the knob it just basically jumps to a random number.

The only way to easily set the temperature is the app.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have discovered Dr. Pepper Dark Berry kind of tastes like Mountain Dew Pitch Black, which I'd been missing since it was discontinued, and I am gutted this one is also only a limited run.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I have discovered Dr. Pepper Dark Berry kind of tastes like Mountain Dew Pitch Black, which I'd been missing since it was discontinued, and I am gutted this one is also only a limited run.

You have my solidarity as the only Holiday Spice Pepsi lover.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I still have one unopened bottle of Pitch Black :negative:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Went in for pink eye medicine, and the doctor told me that in addition to Pinkeye, I have super high blood pressure and need to eliminate salt from my diet, and my favorite thing to eat are jalapeno kettle chips.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

Went in for pink eye medicine, and the doctor told me that in addition to Pinkeye, I have super high blood pressure and need to eliminate salt from my diet, and my favorite thing to eat are jalapeno kettle chips.

There are studies that are saying sugar has an even worse effect on your blood pressure than salt does.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

dkj posted:

There are studies that are saying sugar has an even worse effect on your blood pressure than salt does.

Also excitement, fun and emotions in general. Best cut all of that out.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
John Harvey Kellogg, you get the gently caress back in your grave and you stay there.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

dkj posted:

Oh poo poo.

Well that's lot easier to cut out. I can stop eating candy and poo poo a lot easier, but that will make fruit smoothies a no-go.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Manager Hoyden posted:

The app for my new bluetooth-enabled sous vide circulator just sets the temperature on the device. The device has temp controls right on it and they're easier to use

Why did they make an app to replace a button

I like using the app for my Anova because I can store time and temperature settings for different recipes, so if I want to make soft-boiled eggs or burgers or whatever I just bring up the app and pick the right one instead of having to look it up every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend works for himself as a general construction guy, and he makes good money, and I'm happy for him, but we used to work together and were of course a lot closer. Now I only see him maybe once or twice a year, and while we chat online sometimes, is usually too tired after work, or he's too involved in a game to really want to chat too much.

So I miss him, and I understand that he's super busy, and it sucks because real life happens and there's not much you can do.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 06:03 on May 26, 2022