Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

BonoMan posted:

Started Search Party this weekend. Got about halfway through S2 ( last ep I watched ended with Elliot's "I NEED ICE!" scene. )

This is a great show and fun so far... but also... every character is horrible and that's kind of loving exhausting. Holy poo poo.

lol. enjoy the ride with those horrible people - you ain't seen nothin' yet

I wish I could see it all again for the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Next up Paramount

It’s insane how much they’ve improved.

Meanwhile Netflix and Disney+ haven’t made much waves in recent months.

Not true, Netflix made big headlines when it jacked its prices up again for whatever reason.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Reminds me, I dropped our plan from the top tier when Netflix did that and haven’t even noticed any difference.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

BonoMan posted:

Started Search Party this weekend. Got about halfway through S2 ( last ep I watched ended with Elliot's "I NEED ICE!" scene. )

This is a great show and fun so far... but also... every character is horrible and that's kind of loving exhausting. Holy poo poo.

It is exhausting. The last season is worth it tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

HBO max is slowly becoming a contender for best streaming service.

heck yeah they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oWrNQo_Ng

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Ansel Elgort's Japanese in this is shockingly good. His hair, not so much.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Not true, Netflix made big headlines when it jacked its prices up again for whatever reason.

Don't forget that Netflix's CFO recently said "never say never" when asked about putting ads on the service.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Nihonniboku posted:

Ansel Elgort's Japanese in this is shockingly good.

Reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-_vNLUNaRE

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Gives me Pollack's The Yakuza vibes, which is great cause that movie's great.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Timby posted:

Don't forget that Netflix's CFO recently said "never say never" when asked about putting ads on the service.

Netflix is the worst and I can't wait for it to finally fail. I'm looking forward to the One consolidated streaming service, which will presumably have a plus tier that you pay for by giving them your bone marrow and an ad-supported tier which you pay for by giving them your blood plasma.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Everytime I'm about to cancel Netflix they somehow add a series or a couple movies I really want to watch. This has been happening going on two years now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Almost like they know what it takes to keep subscribers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
doesn't everyone just cancel each service a few times a year to cycle through them? best way to do it. pay for hulu a few months, then netflix, etc

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I haven't cared for the other Ryan Reynolds Netflix movies I've seen, but The Adam Project was a whole lot of fun.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

precision posted:

doesn't everyone just cancel each service a few times a year to cycle through them? best way to do it. pay for hulu a few months, then netflix, etc

Naw, I just subscribe to HBO (and get Hulu through my Spotify), my sister subs to prime, my mom subs to Netflix and we all just share logins

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
HBO Max got me hooked with a "half price for life" offer, at least until the inevitable price hike

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have access to the following streaming services:

-Netflix (mooching off parent’s subscription)
-Prime Video (ditto)
-HBO Max (get with cable subscription)
-Peacock (ditto, thanks Charter!)
-Apple TV+ (share account with parents, who paid for half of year’s subscription)
-Paramount+ (took the birthday offer for $2/month for three months)

I’ll get off of Paramount+ and Apple TV+ before they renew, and then get back on when I have time to watch something of theirs.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Enos Cabell posted:

I haven't cared for the other Ryan Reynolds Netflix movies I've seen, but The Adam Project was a whole lot of fun.

I felt like it was very much in the vein of a couple moldy oldies I adored as a kid. Last Starfighter, Flight of the Navigator and maybe D.A.R.Y.L. And should be taken about as seriously.

"Mind the G-forces, kid-me!"

*kid doesn't have so much as a lap belt*

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“I was shot so the jet doesn’t recognize my biometrics so I need my kid self to unlock it.”

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Paramount+ is actually fantastic if you have kids. So much good content on there.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

precision posted:

Theoretically I do but I think I’ve been on HBO Max for probably a year. I honestly have to check what’s even on Hulu anymore to see if it’s worth it for me to cycle back to that one (I know there’s Fargo S4 but I don’t remember anybody talking about it). Netflix has Better Call Saul and other stuff I want to see so I know I’ll be back to it at some point.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

BonoMan posted:

Paramount+ is actually fantastic if you have kids. So much good content on there.

No Adventures of Pete and Pete, it's worthless

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

drat what is up with the music choices in The Adam Project??

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

david_a posted:

Theoretically I do but I think I’ve been on HBO Max for probably a year. I honestly have to check what’s even on Hulu anymore to see if it’s worth it for me to cycle back to that one (I know there’s Fargo S4 but I don’t remember anybody talking about it). Netflix has Better Call Saul and other stuff I want to see so I know I’ll be back to it at some point.

Fargo S4 is kind of awful, tbh. loved 1-3 but 4 was a big whiff

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

precision posted:

Fargo S4 is kind of awful, tbh. loved 1-3 but 4 was a big whiff

Yeah, I loved the first 3 seasons, but I stopped after a few episodes in season 4.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Chris Rock is a top tier comedian. But he’s a terrible dramatic actor.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Papercut posted:

Finished Station Eleven, what an incredible show. The ending was perfect, I hope they never make another season.

Don't even bring up a second season that isn't happening. It's my favorite limited series in a good number of years.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

No Adventures of Pete and Pete, it's worthless

HBO Max doesn't have Tales from the Crypt or Witch Hunt so what's the fuckin point

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

drat what is up with the music choices in The Adam Project??

People really love that Guardians of the Galaxy tape mix.

Allegedly.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

feedmyleg posted:

HBO Max doesn't have Tales from the Crypt or Witch Hunt so what's the fuckin point

Really disappointed about Witch Hunt, it even has a landing page that isn't turned on.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

I asked about that a while ago, apparently you have to go to YouTube for Tales From the Crypt because of copyright hell

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just plop a dumptruck of money on Gaines's grandkids's lawn and be done with it already, I need that sweet sweet HD

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
When they say copyright hell, they mean it. Nobody knows who currently has the rights to the series. Like 5 companies claim they do, but none can provide definitive contracts that said that rights were included in the associated sales.

M. Night was going to do a reboot 10 years ago but the production company walked away from half a mil in preproduction when they saw what the lawyers fees would be to untangle it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

When they say copyright hell, they mean it. Nobody knows who currently has the rights to the series.

This is essentially the same deal with No One Lives Forever and is the reason an almost-finished remaster was never released. No one, between Fox, Activision and WB, can figure out who actually owns the rights.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

When they say copyright hell, they mean it. Nobody knows who currently has the rights to the series. Like 5 companies claim they do, but none can provide definitive contracts that said that rights were included in the associated sales.

"We literally can't figure out who owns this, so nobody does." In any sane system this would mean it's in the public domain.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Timby posted:

This is essentially the same deal with No One Lives Forever and is the reason an almost-finished remaster was never released. No one, between Fox, Activision and WB, can figure out who actually owns the rights.

Give them all 2 years to create a new NOLF game, and the one that hits the highest Metacritic score earns the rights to the franchise.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

M. Night was going to do a reboot 10 years ago but the production company walked away from half a mil in preproduction when they saw what the lawyers fees would be to untangle it.

Wasn't it a comic book to start out with? If you can't figure poo poo out the ownership should revert to whoever owned the comic I say. But I'm no lawyer

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Actually I should have double checked if there were any updates. It was resolved just before Christmas of last year. Turns out Joel Silver's production company legally owned the rights all along. When he found out they ceded them back to William Gaines' estate.

Maybe WB will license it back in time to put it on HBO Max for Halloween.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i assume Pete and Pete is never streaming anywhere because of music rights or they don't want to pay the residuals for all the guest stars or????

because goddamn that show is so good and i would like to watch it in decent quality and not VHS rips on yotube lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They released seasons 1 and 2 on DVD like 15 years ago and then allegedly had season 3 DVDs printed but never actually released them.