Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wanna jump into NG+ but I wanna beat Malenia first, she's a real pain in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I think my major issue is that my build and the upgraded weapons I had were all based around heavy, slow weapons, the fastest one I had was the bloodhound’s fang which is still a curved greatsword. I couldn’t get a hit in and still have time to dodge, and by the time I closed the distance with him after dodging an attack he’d jump away before I could land a hit of my own. Finally won just by bashing my head against him enough that I could start dodging moves by muscle memory and survive the few minutes between each hit I could manage to get in.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Souls game streamer who refuses to summon or change his build or do anything but fight a boss when he finds them is on like hour 15 of trying to beat her

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sourdough posted:

Souls game streamer who refuses to summon or change his build or do anything but fight a boss when he finds them is on like hour 15 of trying to beat her

honorable streamer

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

the fastest one I had was the bloodhound’s fang which is still a curved greatsword

I did it with Morgotts sword by sneaking rolling attacks in the middle of his combos, so curved greatswords (and probably straight greatswords) are just barely fast enough. I wouldnt want to bring anything slower than that though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sourdough posted:

same

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Control Volume posted:

I did it with Morgotts sword by sneaking rolling attacks in the middle of his combos, so curved greatswords (and probably straight greatswords) are just barely fast enough. I wouldnt want to bring anything slower than that though.

you can do rolling attacks without rolling by crouching, which also lowers your profile, making many attacks miss you

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I thought those were just special sneak attacks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Control Volume posted:

I thought those were just special sneak attacks

you thought wrong.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

sourdough posted:

thats the way to do it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Crouch attacks are great with a lot of big slow STR weapons because they're sometimes faster than your normal R1s

gotta lift with your legs

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ive got some ideas for the zweihander now lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sourdough posted:

you rang?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
more stupid lore bullshit: just realized moghs palace in siofra is beneath caelid on the map so malenia and radahn prolly ended up fighting cause she invaded caelid trying to find miquella cause she knew he was there somehow but couldnt find him and radahn just wanted to stop her getting her AIDS everywhere

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

you can do rolling attacks without rolling by crouching, which also lowers your profile, making many attacks miss you

that owns

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

more stupid lore bullshit: just realized moghs palace in siofra is beneath caelid on the map so malenia and radahn prolly ended up fighting cause she invaded caelid trying to find miquella cause she knew he was there somehow but couldnt find him and radahn just wanted to stop her getting her AIDS everywhere

Not reading this but the lore in this game is cool. Nothing shameful about for instance writing pages and pages of plot related theories in a fine Muji notebook

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i read the flavor text of every single item i pick up so that i can solve the mystery of the elden ring... the greatest game of all time

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i read the flavor text of every single item i pick up so that i can solve the mystery of the elden ring... the greatest game of all time

This.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thats pretty good

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i like that fight but i hate skinny white guy

one in particular took me a lot of attempts. gently caress him

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ya that was near but unfortunately i did liturgical town/haligtree after going there because I cleared all the side content around there first, so I didn't figure out wtf was going on until later.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

whoa cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah your hitboxes are always precisely mapped to what the model is doing. spears will miss if I'm hunched down a bit in an attack, and you can use laydown gestures to dodge poo poo lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thinking "whoa, that's cool" and then, immediately, "wait, that.sgpuld be obvious, what the gently caress is wrong with me for not noticing, why don't other video games do this?" is my FromSoft experience. basically

mysterious loyall X posted:

Solid deductions all. Wait until you find out what round objects are typically worn on fingers. Mindblowing. Ted levine and rockstar games.could never compete

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Was idly thinking about Sekiro, the headless, and the japanese concept of "shirikodama" the other day and decided that I wasnt a huge fan of the Dung Eater after all

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dung eater is good and the only reason people hate him is because they see a part of themselves within him

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Was idly thinking about Sekiro, the headless, and the japanese concept of "shirikodama" the other day and decided that I wasnt a huge fan of the Dung Eater after all

hm

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

on a first playthru of any soulsgame im usually too overwhelmed by trying to keep the map and questlines in my head to worry about the lore. but in elden ring especially I just wanna know what everyone's deal is, all the enemies and characters are really cool and I wanna know everything about them lol.

in liurnia, you run into flame cultists in sick red robes and I must have torn liurnia apart looking for more of them cause I wanted to see if they had a home base, more enemy types in their ranks, a boss fight etc like a lot of other enemy types do. I never found it but the mystery is stuck in my head and im always keeping an eye out for those guys lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

on a first playthru of any soulsgame im usually too overwhelmed by trying to keep the map and questlines in my head to worry about the lore. but in elden ring especially I just wanna know what everyone's deal is, all the enemies and characters are really cool and I wanna know everything about them lol.

in liurnia, you run into flame cultists in sick red robes and I must have torn liurnia apart looking for more of them cause I wanted to see if they had a home base, more enemy types in their ranks, a boss fight etc like a lot of other enemy types do. I never found it but the mystery is stuck in my head and im always keeping an eye out for those guys lol

No spoilers but yes you definitely see more of them