Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

mweber posted:

I wish people thought of me as a regular guy more often.

Jonathan, 326

I don't know why, but that made me remember the brief period a while back where Jonathan was convinced about how he'd be really good at starting a side job as some kind of life coach where people would pay to have conversations with him and he'd help sort out their decisions or something

LMA to the motherfucking O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

flesh dance posted:

I don't know why, but that made me remember the brief period a while back where Jonathan was convinced about how he'd be really good at starting a side job as some kind of life coach where people would pay to have conversations with him and he'd help sort out their decisions or something

LMA to the motherfucking O

And that reminded me of the time Jonathan’s mother suggested that he become a high end bodyguard. She thought his clients would love him because he has such a great personality, but he’d have to learn martial arts.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
We all know the side job Jonathan would be best at, and that was Seth's suggestion that they set him up as some type of guru/shaman at the UFO convention

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

We all know the side job Jonathan would be best at, and that was Seth's suggestion that they set him up as some type of guru/shaman at the UFO convention

Yeah with seth writing his lines and stuff. That would definitely be the most successful.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

That reminds me of Jonathan getting roasted by some strangers “IT’S THE LOVE GURU”

I wish I knew the episode because I remember him not taking it well

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

That reminds me of Jonathan getting roasted by some strangers “IT’S THE LOVE GURU”

I wish I knew the episode because I remember him not taking it well

Episode 123: Jonathan gets carded while buying cigarettes and "Two straight cholos at the register next to him look at Jah, and say 'Leave him alone man!' 'Yeah, he’s the Love Guru!' They then got into a tricked Z28 with 20s and rolled out while hysterically laughing."

lol Weck's Wiki is the gift that keeps on giving. Very next episode:

"Jah was at a gas station two days ago, getting gouged at the pump. It’s about 10:30 p.m. and he’s filling up his tank, and sees a scantily clad young girl with tiny hot shorts and a tank top with white platforms, amazing body, super tan, kind of trashy but dope and sexy. She walks across the parking lot to the most beat-to-gently caress Honda Accord Jah has ever seen with horrible window tint. She gets in, starts the engine, and 'Cherry Pie' by Warrant is bumping and she’s mouthing the words and singing along. Jah looks at her and begins hysterically laughing. Jah starts his car, and she gets in reverse, drives back and rolls her window down, and says 'I just want to let you know that your dreds are really sexy.' His awesome reply is, 'Oh, thanks.' Jah gets home later and thinks Wait, I don’t have dreds."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 2, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife talking to me just now: "Do you get all of your information about LA from Uhh Yeah Dude?"

JethroMcB posted:

Episode 123: Jonathan gets carded while buying cigarettes and "Two straight cholos at the register next to him look at Jah, and say 'Leave him alone man!' 'Yeah, he’s the Love Guru!' They then got into a tricked Z28 with 20s and rolled out while hysterically laughing."

"Jah was at a gas station two days ago, getting gouged at the pump. It’s about 10:30 p.m. and he’s filling up his tank, and sees a scantily clad young girl with tiny hot shorts and a tank top with white platforms, amazing body, super tan, kind of trashy but dope and sexy. She walks across the parking lot to the most beat-to-gently caress Honda Accord Jah has ever seen with horrible window tint. She gets in, starts the engine, and 'Cherry Pie' by Warrant is bumping and she’s mouthing the words and singing along. Jah looks at her and begins hysterically laughing. Jah starts his car, and she gets in reverse, drives back and rolls her window down, and says 'I just want to let you know that your dreds are really sexy.' His awesome reply is, 'Oh, thanks.' Jah gets home later and thinks Wait, I don’t have dreds."

Lmao

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 3, 2022

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Thank you. Listening to 123 now and it also has "Lesbiamos or gay female roarmate"

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

lmao

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Thank you. Listening to 123 now and it also has "Lesbiamos or gay female roarmate"

lol I found myself typing "Lesbiamis" into Google recently for no reason

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

incredible

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Wasn’t there another time a woman flashed him when he was working at a pet store?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Ok another episode number request:

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna32646931

The guy who got caught multiple times hiding inside the toilet vault at parks.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

If we're requesting stuff:

Riptor posted:

I mentioned it in the other podcast thread but my favorite Jonathan-spewing-nonsense instance was also one of the few times that Seth straight up refused to accept it.

It was something like this:

Jah: So there's a video out there from the 70s that shows people's auras
Seth: Nope. Nooooo there's not.
Jah: Anyway so there's footage of a baby being born and you can see the moment when the baby's aura separates from the mother's
Seth: Well, no there isn't, but okay. Moving on

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Leave me alone, I'm conjuring nectar

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I got duped by a handsome man at the mall.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Brock Samson posted:

If we're requesting stuff:

I love that Seth does not indulge that kind of stuff in the slightest. Even for the sake of conversation he won't go along, he instantly calls bullshit. Of course he goes a little overboard with it with his hatred of sci-fi and fantasy. They're fictional stories Seth! They can be enjoyable and even meaningful, even though mechas and magic don't actually exist.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeTx-D3ZM10

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Science fictio epic gently caress

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

jackhunter64 posted:

Science fictio epic gently caress

I can't do epic gently caress!!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Magic Underwear posted:

I love that Seth does not indulge that kind of stuff in the slightest. Even for the sake of conversation he won't go along, he instantly calls bullshit. Of course he goes a little overboard with it with his hatred of sci-fi and fantasy. They're fictional stories Seth! They can be enjoyable and even meaningful, even though mechas and magic don't actually exist.

Someone said this earlier in the thread, but I wonder how much of Seth's struggle to get his acting career off the ground can be attributed to his complete inability and refusal to suspend his disbelief in anything.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Seth is the least normal person I'm aware of that thinks he's the most normal and Jah is the most pampered that thinks he's a common man. and thats what makes the show so good

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Seth is the only guy I have ever known that is interested in celebrity gossip.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Seth is so wonderful because he has extreme amounts of anxiety and he loving hates doing anything and even so, he doesn’t smoke or carry a cellphone so he has to rawdog reality when he goes outside three times a day to eat meals and go to every single thing.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

inferis posted:

Seth is so wonderful because he has extreme amounts of anxiety and he loving hates doing anything and even so, he doesn’t smoke or carry a cellphone so he has to rawdog reality when he goes outside three times a day to eat meals and go to every single thing.

He is the last sane person not mediated through social media whatever. All the rest are insane old people.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

mistermojo posted:

Seth is the least normal person I'm aware of that thinks he's the most normal and Jah is the most pampered that thinks he's a common man. and thats what makes the show so good

Perfectly complementary psychoses, you love to see it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

C-Euro posted:

Someone said this earlier in the thread, but I wonder how much of Seth's struggle to get his acting career off the ground can be attributed to his complete inability and refusal to suspend his disbelief in anything.

It doesn't help things. Remember when he dismissed BREAKING BAD as being "so bad" when it started? This was purely based on the idea that Cranston was a comedy guy and was now doing drama. As though the concept of an actor doing differing roles was alien to Seth, an actor. It's funnier still that years later he actually watched it and loved it.

Seth is a gifted actor though, given he's been playing an Italian for decades.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah, does anyone remember the ep when Seth started lovewatching breaking bad? I feel it was somewhere in the 700s.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The thing that bummed me out was Seth not being down with Good Time, which seemed like it would have been a sure thing for him. No sci-fi, no fantasy, just a gritty little thing about scumbags trying to get one over on each other.

Lampsacus posted:

Yeah, does anyone remember the ep when Seth started lovewatching breaking bad? I feel it was somewhere in the 700s.

Found a Reddit thread that says it's 817.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

JethroMcB posted:

The thing that bummed me out was Seth not being down with Good Time, which seemed like it would have been a sure thing for him. No sci-fi, no fantasy, just a gritty little thing about scumbags trying to get one over on each other.

Yeah I'm guessing he just couldn't get past Robert Pattinson (which is a shame, since he's quite good in it). It's basically COPS the movie (just with basically no police), it seems micro-targeted at Seth.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

General Dog posted:

Yeah I'm guessing he just couldn't get past Robert Pattinson (which is a shame, since he's quite good in it). It's basically COPS the movie (just with basically no police), it seems micro-targeted at Seth.

It's because of the Pattinson thing, so in like 7 years Seth is going to watch it again and decide that it was good.

I know it takes more than this to be an actor, but it is funny that Seth tried to be one when he seems to have a crippling aversion to talking to anyone that isn't Jah. I thought we were going to see a different side to Seth when they did the WTF interview with Maron but it's 95% Jonathan.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I think back to that wtf interview sometimes, Marc's partner (at the time?) was super into uyd so they scored it. And Seth reminded me of those really funny introverts who need particular social settings to relax and enjoy being the funny person out loud. Also I think a few years later, when he had his bit part on Maron, Seth gave Marc a lift from lax and was super stoked about it. Thinking about it now, I feel like Marc would fit in real well with the boys. But there is no way their business practices align haha

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Seth gave Marc a lift from lax and was super stoked about it.
Think you're thinking of Bill Burr, who was either also on the show or just of course knows Maron so yeah there was some connection he mentioned. It was in one of the old episodes I listened to most recently so in the vicinity of 460 at the latest.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Jonathan spent five years in high school, plus summer school every year, including the summer after he graduated.

“He was Batman.”
“Which one?”
“The most recent one.”
“Michael Keaton!”

mweber fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 15, 2022

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

mweber posted:

“He was Batman.”
“Which one?”

OH, SO YOU DON'T WANT TO MONEY?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ep. 911 is gold, two long classic bits back to back on the subjects of realdolls and antisemitism

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

some days I just think the words ‘captain Tom Bristol from under the black ensign’ and just laugh

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

some days I just think the words ‘captain Tom Bristol from under the black ensign’ and just laugh

Thanks to UYD I assume any Pirate that isn't Of the Caribbean is, in fact, Captain Tom Bristol from Under the Black Ensign

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
See the Face of a Man Whose Skull Was Mounted on a Stake 8,000 Years Ago

I'm not the only one seeing it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

https://www.uhhyeahdude.shaman

Anyone remember from years ago the segment “Hipster or Hobo?” (or something like that) that was footage of Jonathan window shopping? And they couldn’t decide which one he was? Does anyone have that link around?