Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wait is Supreme sometimes just a Haines shirt with the logo printed on?

Love that plaid deck and the nikes.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nah just the underwear. Those are socks.

The rest of the blanks are CYC made in Canada and legit amazing for the money.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a carbon steel wok with Babish (youtube cooking guy) branding and it's pretty sweet.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Read that as Bapish at first and figured it was a knockoff Supreme wok or something

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

skooma512 posted:

Got a carbon steel wok with Babish (youtube cooking guy) branding and it's pretty sweet.

Hell yeah what's the first meal you're cooking in it?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

LOL, imagine having "supreme" be your personality.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

Like you were never 16 once

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Slimy Hog posted:

First time seeing a Bape Culture post in the recent purchase thread?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It's a rite of passage for many

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oops

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
E does not equal quote poo poo!!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Ziggy Smalls posted:

First time seeing a Bape Culture post in the recent purchase thread?

Nah, I just like making fun of a piece of poo poo racist when I see them.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
A piece of poo poo racist with terrible taste*

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

:hmmyes:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bottom Liner posted:

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Taco supreme maybe.

But also do people like their fit watches? I think about getting one sometimes but ive heard they're not super good at calculating calories with weight lifting. True?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah they're going to be terribly inaccurate with something like weight lifting. They just use various calculations based on heart rate which for prolonged activity like cardio can be (very loosely) close, but for short extreme efforts like weight lifting they're not going to be useful at all for caloric expenditure.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Semi impulse buy, but I got a copy of “Coven” on VHS autographed by Mark Borchardt.

It’s alright. It’s ok. Something to live for. Jesus told me so.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I got too much poo poo so this is my PYF Recent Disposal list:

Sky Viper Drone: felt bad since it was a birthday gift, but I used it like twice and not at all in over a year.

Tivo series 2: hasn't been plugged in for a decade, not even worth pulling the 120Gb IDE drive out.

Some bedroom slippers that had a hole in one of them.

Various empty product boxes that I kept for some reason?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Semi impulse buy, but I got a copy of “Coven” on VHS autographed by Mark Borchardt.

It’s alright. It’s ok. Something to live for. Jesus told me so.

#whoa #wow

e: BTW it's pronounced "Coven" not "Coven".

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

3D Megadoodoo posted:

#whoa #wow

e: BTW it's pronounced "Coven" not "Coven".

I have this discussion on a daily basis with my family who insist on pronouncing it “Coven”

Shizmo
Feb 2, 2010

JUICED TO THE GILLS

Slimy Hog posted:

Nah, I just like making fun of a piece of poo poo racist when I see them.

Stop shop shaming.

Bottom Liner posted:

Stop shop shaming.

Stop shop shaming.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Eat my rear end with your racist protecting whining. Also your first post ITT? :lol:

Content

Peak design camera bag pack. Kinda love/hate it. It's 30l but doesn't use the space well because it's so rigid. The laptop compartment and straps are great, but the internal layout might be worse than the traditional camera backpack style with the benefit of being modular.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rolo posted:

The pocket operators are a gateway to the OP-1.

You’ve been warned.

Girl I was just talking about it I’m not gonna do it.

I did it.

Found one used from Guitar Center for a price I could stomach, especially having just sold my MacBook Pro and some of my filmmaking gear, and getting roughly $500 more than I expected I would get for my old Toyota I totaled. :homebrew:

Now to get a case for it.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Bottom Liner posted:

Eat my rear end with your racist protecting whining. Also your first post ITT? :lol:

Content

Peak design camera bag pack. Kinda love/hate it. It's 30l but doesn't use the space well because it's so rigid. The laptop compartment and straps are great, but the internal layout might be worse than the traditional camera backpack style with the benefit of being modular.

I got the tan v1, and I had to scrap the internal divider setup a few times to get to something that works for me, especially when it comes to l-r weight distribution.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Coffee And Pie posted:

Girl I was just talking about it I’m not gonna do it.

I did it.

Found one used from Guitar Center for a price I could stomach, especially having just sold my MacBook Pro and some of my filmmaking gear, and getting roughly $500 more than I expected I would get for my old Toyota I totaled. :homebrew:

Now to get a case for it.

If you're looking for some protection recommendations, I love the DeckSaver. It's pricey but fits so well and keeps mine dust and spill free on my desk. It's on sale on Amazon for 33$ which is a steal:

https://www.amazon.com/Decksaver-DS...815619123&psc=1

I coupled it with one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1HWUWA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both together are like 50 something something total and I've thrown this setup in my suitcase many times. The strap inside the case is nice for keeping the lid on.

Compare this to the trendy leather case thing that costs 3 times as much :shrug:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Shizmo posted:

Stop shop shaming.

Stop shop shaming.

Stop shop shaming.

Slimy Hog posted:

Nah, I'll shop shame that racist all day.

Bottom Liner posted:

Content:

12 of these

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hell yeah what's the first meal you're cooking in it?

I tossed some costco meatballs and pesto sauce in it to spread some oil around. Made meatballs and brocolli with chantaboon noodles the night after and holy poo poo is this wok a game changer. I stuff for a more proper stir fry this weekend.

It even deep fries stuff well, I did a freezer cleanout meal of 4 chicken tenders and random fries and they all came out great. Filled the apartment with smoke from the oil (I was going hard on seasoning it).

The build quality is really good. It really heavy though, like twice the weight of comparable ones. The thing is I kinda like it that way.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
A heavy wok means it will retain heat fairly well if you're filling that bad boy up.

I bought 2 gallons of Behr indoor paint in midnight blue to do an accent wall in my living room. This should help cut down on reflective glare on my TV.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

I got the smaller V1, and it's kind mixed as well. It's nice but too rigid and the dividers don't really match up with what I need. If I adjust it to fit the 70-200, for example, there's a bunch of empty space where I have to stuff random things that don't fit elsewhere. The drone takes up most of the width and length but there's just enough space left to be useless.

The rigidity also gets in the way of the laptop. Like I'd pack it with camera and drone stuff like this and then it's very difficult to fit the laptop in because it will be trying to push the inside wall you see on the left here. The side pockets are also limited by this rigidity, you can hardly put anything thicker than some SD cards before it starts pushing against other stuff.

E: Same thing with the top pocket, which you can see hanging on the top left. You put anything there and it's at the expense of your top compartment, since it doesn't increase externally.

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 15:03 on Mar 19, 2022

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

A heavy wok means it will retain heat fairly well if you're filling that bad boy up.

I bought 2 gallons of Behr indoor paint in midnight blue to do an accent wall in my living room. This should help cut down on reflective glare on my TV.

You should put a warning before you change the subject like that, my brain went "WHAT THE gently caress oh right painting a wall"

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Bottom Liner posted:

Its hard to find a camera bag that really works well. They all seem to have some issue or weird design choice that makes them less than ideal. I went through a bunch over the years and ended up with an F-Stop bag, the older version of their current Sukha, thats about as good as it gets. Its set up more like a hiking backpack and can hold a big (like 500mm F4 big) lens with body mounted plus 2nd body, other smaller lenses and accessories but still barely fits carryon dimensions. And since it looks like a hiking backpack, it doesn't draw attention when traveling. It was super loving expensive but very good for my specific needs and after a couple of trips to South America with it I can say it was worth every penny.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Its hard to find a camera bag that really works well. They all seem to have some issue or weird design choice that makes them less than ideal. I went through a bunch over the years and ended up with an F-Stop bag, the older version of their current Sukha, thats about as good as it gets. Its set up more like a hiking backpack and can hold a big (like 500mm F4 big) lens with body mounted plus 2nd body, other smaller lenses and accessories but still barely fits carryon dimensions. And since it looks like a hiking backpack, it doesn't draw attention when traveling. It was super loving expensive but very good for my specific needs and after a couple of trips to South America with it I can say it was worth every penny.
Sukha blat.

It does look pretty good! Although too big for my needs, I wanted something that would skate under budget arilines size limits. But if you're actually on a hiking or a safari trip or something, that looks lkike the perfect solution.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah I think I'm returning the Peak. The old V1 messenger bag holds the same amount of gear in an easier to access configuration despite being only 13L vs 30. I have a big Pelican case for all my gear but wanted a backpack for smaller shoots and travel and this just won't work really.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

A bit blurry, because I did it on my phone.

Full size https://i.imgur.com/216WRec.jpg

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core, AMD X570 Chipset, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2TB HDD, Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Case, 850W PSU.

Plus fans, etc.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It’s awesome how far PC’s have come. I got my 3700X/3080/b550/m.2 system running when the 3080 came out and it’s been smooth and silent since with daily use.

I wish I could show my PC to 13 year old me, not to show off the power but to say “look at the cable management! It’s practically nothing!”

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Rolo posted:

It’s awesome how far PC’s have come. I got my 3700X/3080/b550/m.2 system running when the 3080 came out and it’s been smooth and silent since with daily use.

I wish I could show my PC to 13 year old me, not to show off the power but to say “look at the cable management! It’s practically nothing!”

One of these days I'll replace my SATA drives with another NVMe and really have no cables.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Booked a couple of trips. Sri Lanka and then Namibia.

&beyond Sossosvlei, Onguma, Okonjima, Shipwreck on the Skeleton Coast etc.

Can’t wait.

Decided to embiggen my camera setup too for it. Feels so much better now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought two subscriptions to American periodicals because I need more reading material on the bog:

Cost over 60€ drat.