Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm hoping we won't see that ban list for a while in MD because two of my favorite decks are fusion based and use Verte Anaconda pretty heavily.
Unless they really want to free Dragoon I'd be surprised if they ban Verte before DPE is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm hoping we won't see that ban list for a while in MD because two of my favorite decks are fusion based and use Verte Anaconda pretty heavily.

Honestly verte being gone forever means konami can start making really good fusion cards with little fear of them being abused.
the same way as when Utopic Zexal got (presumably) perma-banned the RUM searchers started flowing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Now if they could give the same attention to Halqifibrax as well, maybe the entire Synchro mechanic can come out of jail.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Dabir posted:

Now if they could give the same attention to Halqifibrax as well, maybe the entire Synchro mechanic can come out of jail.

All future Syncro archetypes will take a page out of Swordsoul's book: instead of having actual Tuner monsters, they'll all just summon Tuner tokens.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Verte ban in MD now so Heroes would immediately an effective monopoly on DPE :getin:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Honestly verte being gone forever means konami can start making really good fusion cards with little fear of them being abused.
the same way as when Utopic Zexal got (presumably) perma-banned the RUM searchers started flowing.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Zexal was banned in the OCG actual years before the TCG bothered to do anything about it. It was only the new Utopia support cards coming out that finally forced Konami NA/EU to do something about it.

Dabir posted:

The MD banlist is years behind already, I wouldn't worry about that.
If they have a major card pool update in the works, I dunno, they could jump straight to the current OCG list in late April (or whenever the new cards actually come out).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
N/R event confirmed!

Also, self-burn getting fuuuuuuuuucked:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's nice that we get the forbidden list in advance this time

but also lmao rip shooting yourself in the face

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

it's self-mill's time to shine

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Those motherfuckers are going to ban Phul for the event aren't they

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The good part about a common/rare event is that it's gonna be balls-easy to actually make a deck for it, and chances are pretty high the loaners will give frameworks that will work reasonably well.

One of them's just gonna be introducing everyone to the fact Gouki's mostly a really cheap workhorse of a deck, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, definitely.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Damnit, I was going to try learning Megalith for this, now I need a new plan.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No no, please still do, I need someone better at the game to tell me how to plan my combos

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Metalfoes was already arguably the best low rarity deck and isn't getting hit. So it'd be a good time to shakeoff those yugiboomer biases and learn pendulum.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I was considering True Draco or Timelord burn for the event. Back to the drawing board...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ardeem posted:

Damnit, I was going to try learning Megalith for this, now I need a new plan.

Me too. Ugh.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Edit: nvm

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

its really jarring finding a card that is explicitly uncraftable in MD, i was looking at a deck shell and they ran 3x of Numbers Protection but when I went to look at it it's uncraftable because it's in one of the decks you can buy for gems.... and each deck only has one copy so to get a full playset you have to buy all three decks. :raise: it's an R that isn't THAT nuts, why is it limited like this konami

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

King of Solomon posted:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Zexal was banned in the OCG actual years before the TCG bothered to do anything about it. It was only the new Utopia support cards coming out that finally forced Konami NA/EU to do something about it

They banned it at about the exact same time. End of 2020/beginning for 2021 for OCG/TCG respectively.
It was already a problem because of the Numeron Gates but it was banned before the Utopia LIOV cards came out.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Welp, I've once again Peter Principled my way into plat. I'm sure that all of my last ten matches were happy to see something that wasn't Eldlich, [x]/Tribrigade, or Drytron.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Beware the penguins

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
I have an account on my phone for Masterduel and was hoping to use Bluestacks to access it on PC. I have a googleplay account on both (same one) so thought I could DL the game on Bluestacks and be fine. I am at the tutorial stage and picking my deck and am wondering if this is gonna work or will it either be separate or worse overwrite my data?

Edit: Do I need to make a Konami account and data transfer?
Edit edit: Seems like thats how to do it.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 15, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think if you get that far in, you actually can't do a transfer on that device any more. Get it on Steam imo.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Dabir posted:

I think if you get that far in, you actually can't do a transfer on that device any more. Get it on Steam imo.

I stopped the process before it downloaded and uninstalled the game on Bluestacks so I am hoping there is a chance it didnt register anything.

I actually have it on Steam as well, this was a second account I made to try some stuff. I dont wanna merge them so will probably just have a Masterduel "lite" account for mobile play and stick to just playing through Steam. Cheers though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I believe Steam locks you into 1 account, you should be able to switch between accounts on mobile/emulation?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ah drat, i for some reason was convinced phantasm dragon wasn't on the list of hit archetypes and went ahead and crafted the deck

guess im gonna see how badly it gets hit and go from there lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Probably anything with spiral phantasm in the name or effect, so no pacifis or the traps/equips, so there goes the entire point of the deck.

I also have that deck on both accounts so welp

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

Probably anything with spiral phantasm in the name or effect, so no pacifis or the traps/equips, so there goes the entire point of the deck.

I also have that deck on both accounts so welp

Well, one advantage of loosing your n/r deck is that at least it was cheap. (Unless you tried for a full foil playset >_> <_< )

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh I added more good cards to it to play it in regular ranked. Not sure what I want to do in the cheap event. Something unga and probably more than a little bunga.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I have now reverted back to Blue Eyes and Dark Magician for the N/R brewing/event.

https://imgur.com/a/cLAbPcY

It's more just a ritual toolbox, but the Blue Eyes and DM archtypes have so much support that their older, shittier ritual monsters are actually decent and in N/R rare. You also get searchable outs like Relinquished or the Odd Eyes ritual that giant trunades on summon (at spell speed 4 so no reactions!) through the imp engine. The Kaijus are handily level 7 and 8 which is perfect for the rituals.

The Extra Deck is maybe all for show but why not run cross sheep if I incidentally have some combination of Manju/Kaiju/Chaos Sorc on the field to draw some cards.

The main thing is having an untargettable, can't be destroyed by effects, 3k attack bungus on the field and a bunch of other stuff that clears the field. One of the better available boss monsters at N/R. And the big downside of Impcantations minimizing your extra deck access is a lot less important in this style of event where all the good Extra Deck payoffs are illegal.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 16, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The worst part of this game is waiting twenty minutes between actions for the Blue Eyes chucklefuck on the other end to flick through their youtube supplied flowchart to decide what they want to do

also gently caress me every time I try and play pendulums they get instantly feather dusted or lightning stormed and I go whimpering back to skystrikers like an rear end in a top hat

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

The worst part of this game is waiting twenty minutes between actions for the Blue Eyes chucklefuck on the other end to flick through their youtube supplied flowchart to decide what they want to do

What Blue Eyes decks are you playing against that are taking turns that long? The deck doesn't even have that many options to go into even at the best of times.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't know but for whatever reason the decks that take the longest time to decide on chains or just turns in general is always Blue Eyes and they always play like two cards in that huge amount of time.

I'm stuck in bronze and getting completely styled on tonight and it sucks rear end

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't know but for whatever reason the decks that take the longest time to decide on chains or just turns in general is always Blue Eyes and they always play like two cards in that huge amount of time.

I'm stuck in bronze and getting completely styled on tonight and it sucks rear end
What are you playing that's got you stuck in Bronze?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lunalights, Skystrikers, Trickstars. One of those nights where it didn't matter what I did, they always drew better and had answers. Maybe I'll just tell myself they were smurfing so I feel less frustrated, I dunno. Just sucks when you have that many games in a row where you feel completely unable to do anything.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

If I had to guess from what Kirby shown me, a bunch of smurf accounts using the free gems at the start to try out different ATs both meta and rouge.

e: fb

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 17, 2022

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

Lunalights, Skystrikers, Trickstars.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm stuck in bronze

These two statements do not go together, especially with Sky Strikers. That deck can get to Plat without even breaking a sweat, and unless the Blue Eyes decks are getting Chaos MAX out early or using Skill Drain they really have no good answer for it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sounds like you under estimate the power of a rough starting hand and my own inability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sounds like you under estimate the power of a rough starting hand and my own inability
If you're consistently having rough starting hands, you need to look at your deck and figure out which of your cards are too niche or winmore, and can be cut for more starters.

Edit: Not to put too fine a point on it, friend, but you're complaining about people not knowing how to use their decks while you're stuck in Bronze with Sky Strikers and Trickstars. That's not a great look.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 17, 2022