Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve come around on the Marcus actor. I didn’t care much for him but he has done a good 360 from cult leader to skeptic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Invalid Validation posted:

I’ve come around on the Marcus actor. I didn’t care much for him but he has done a good 360 from cult leader to skeptic.

i think you mean a 180.

although when you think about it he has done a 360 from athiest to believer and back again

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea that’s what I’m going with.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Underrated classic; critics are fuckin' morons.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Gosh darn, we lost Kepler's Sweetheart Sue and Kepler's Li'l Dumplin' Campion's Crush Vrille in the same episode?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Vrille gives me the heebie-jeebies, if you know what I mean. She creeps the everliving poo poo out of me, if you catch my drift. It's a monstrosity. A toy that some idiot gave self-awareness and sapience to for some reason. It reminds me of our own tragic existence, i.e. being an idiot ape that evolution just tackered some self-awareness and sapience to and now we have to deal with it somehow.

Also, reminds me of the swedish movie "Let the right one in". Very similar vibes. But with the girl being a vampire, instead of a machine. And the Campion in that movie was a lot less annoying.

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

ogarza posted:

Does anyone else think Tempest looks like a cartoon character that is a piece of brocoli?

I do now. :(

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
rewatching season 2 now in prep for the SHOCKING CONCLUSION. so let me just offer a hearty RIP to Decima, truly she had her face peeled off before her time. she hated all fruit, except for the fruit she found on the weird deadly planet of Kepler 22b, where she met her end at the hosed up hands of her hosed up fake robot daughter. by no means do i intend to speak ill of the dead, but as the good book says, "trust in Sol but memory wipe your android."

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

rewatching season 2 now in prep for the SHOCKING CONCLUSION. so let me just offer a hearty RIP to Decima, truly she had her face peeled off before her time. she hated all fruit, except for the fruit she found on the weird deadly planet of Kepler 22b, where she met her end at the hosed up hands of her hosed up fake robot daughter. by no means do i intend to speak ill of the dead, but as the good book says, "trust in Sol but memory wipe your android."

Yeah, they cut a lot of material from Decima if you look at the casting announcement -- I assume when covid forced the production to lose two episodes, or perhaps plans just changed.

Decima was originally wiping her own memories, ironically.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

snake is the throat goat - the ultimate glizzy gulper

I was impressed when I saw it swallow that crate of fruit, but then when it got to the tree :eyepop:

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
The latest Podcast episode was interesting. I think the VFX supervisor revealed/clarified some stuff we didn’t know? Or I missed it. That is very possible.

https://omny.fm/shows/raised-by-wolves-the-podcast/feeding-with-vfx-supervisor-ray-mcintyre#description

Jump to about 11:30 in if you want to get right to Snake Baby chat. Rough transcription of what the VFX supervisor says:

It’s called the Necro Serpent. In the Tropical Zone, we are under the EMF dome. And the Being in the centre of the planet cannot transmit or talk to humans. That’s why they [humans] like living in the tropical zone. It’s warmer and the Being cannot effect them as much in the tropical zone. Nor can it effect the serpent as much in the tropical zone. So the Being has sort of lost its control or power over both the humans (which is why they live there) and the serpent. And so because of that, the Being in the centre of the planet needs some help in Necrotizing or making the serpent what it becomes. It has to rely on the fruit and the planting of the tree. And the fruit coming from the tree attracts the serpent. And once the serpent has swallowed that tree, it’s gotten the power from the Being in the centre of the planet from the roots that go all of the way down into the core, basically. It sucks up the power from there.

He also says the Necro Serpent design was inspired by ugly bugs. Specifically some moth with a tail. Maybe this horrible thing? https://www.reddit.com/r/nope/comments/9rm4hi/the_creatonotos_gangis_moth_yet_another_reason/

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Man, that just doesn't even line up with the show. I mean, Sue got DMs to her head about planting the tree while she was in the tropical zone. She also got the leech hallucinations.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Crimson posted:

Man, that just doesn't even line up with the show. I mean, Sue got DMs to her head about planting the tree while she was in the tropical zone. She also got the leech hallucinations.

This makes sense if you consider the whole thing a Lovecraftian Horror Story instead of a sci-fi one. Especially after what was in the last few episodes of season 1.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
moth butt tentacles just mean he is looking for a lady friend, trying to attract her with his butt stench. he is looking for love, not necro-murder!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Crimson posted:

The shield isn't perfect; note the lack of any living terrestrial humanoid civilization on Kepler (minus tooth guy I guess).

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 16, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

are you joking? campion can’t throw a stone without hitting a humanoid in the head

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

The shield isn't perfect; note the lack of any living humanoids on Kepler (minus tooth guy I guess).

Yeah, the signal can penetrate the EMF with sufficient power or something to anchor the signal to -- e.g. Sue Tree or the whole insane mess the signal jury rigged with Marcus's body and some snake skin.

Sue was only affected in the Tarantula, and then only after the Trust was dead and Sue had actively welcomed the signal's attention. Any of of those things, or possibly all of those things, could be the missing factor here.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah, I've been wondering about the extent of the "tropical zone". Like, if you can't fly in the tropical zone, isn't the Tarantula on the edge of the tropical zone? I assumed it flew in, but now that I think about it the name Tarantula may have suggested it walked in.

For a while I've been assuming that the village with all the trees is in the tropical zone, and the tarantula itself is less in the tropical zone.

In any case, the Entity's lack of control in this region has been pretty clear. The snake not being controlled by the entity, but acting emotionally was an interesting twist and I'm really looking forward to what chaos we end up with as a result.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
One more hour till crazytown!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I hope Father tries telling some jokes to Grandmother

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Grandmother’s jokes are probably very funny and will likely make people vomit up their lungs or something.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
drat these day for night scenes look like trash

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Welp, pretty meh way to end a season that will never continue

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Well If its the last episode I'm glad they went out on the crazyiest loving note ever.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Well, poo poo.

:stare:

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality
If that was finale, it couldn't have finished with a more perfect line.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

wasn't odin hung on a tree upside down?

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
was that the finale?

LMAO

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

I have faith in Sol The Entity it will come back for another season.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Martman posted:

I hope Father tries telling some jokes to Grandmother

good news

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

there's nothing more suspicious than someone laughing at father's jokes

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

just imagine what would've been at the bottom of the pit. poor marcus, i hope he can somehow survive that

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
*Marcus is crucified upside down*
"Finally i can die. Thank you Sol for allowing me the peace of death. ah, my vision fades. perhaps my role in this ridiculous saga is finally-"
*Marcus rises majestically into the air. Blood falls like rain from his holy wounds*

"MOTHERFUCKER!"

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

SirPablo posted:

Really thinking that grandmother's veil is actually a containment device. Once mother removes it, she will free grandmother and entomb herself. S3 is grandmother and father wacky adventures.

Well, gently caress. Pretty much spot on.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hahaha goddamn soldamn

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lmao burying Vrille with her exposed hosed up robot face made me laugh. lol Campion revealing he was in love with Vrille. That's the most unbelievable thing this show has pulled so far.

Marcus sassing grandmother was :discourse:

Finally got some hot necromancer on necrosnake action baby! Necromancers are scary. Mother without her caregiving programming is scary :ohdear: Oh poo poo the snake is turning into a tree!
Everything is coming up Sol. Sure Mother killed the snake, but by using her nuke voice, but now Sol can gently caress with everyone since the emf shield over the tropical zone is broken.

Goddamn the old humans or mithriacs were into some sick poo poo. Did they really have to make the turning into a tree hologram so graphic?

Snake's dead! Bust out the fireworks and moonshine! Time to party :toot:

An actual shocking twist would have been Grandmother being benevolent and the veil being helpful. Oh well. Instead she is just giving them games that turn humans into fish people.

Gonz posted:

Well, poo poo.

:stare:

:agreed:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Reddit: Knock Knock. I'm Abubakar Salim and I play Father in Raised by Wolves! AmA

currently live (3:27PM EDT)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Huh, TIL he played the protagonist of Assassins Creed Origins and founded a game dev studio.