Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

when i go to costco i like to guess what my bill is going to be right before i check out. i don't do any mental math along the way and i impulse buy a lot of poo poo, then i stare at my haul and attempt to estimate the cost. i got my girlfriend to start guessing too, she beats me sometimes. today i was within $5.

I'm right there with you. My typical guess is usually around $600 and the total usually ends up being $800. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

poisonpill posted:

Has anyone talked about the Jamaican beef turnovers yet? Because if you heat one of those bad boy up, throw a little 505 Chile on it....
:drat:

Ohhhh I was wondering what I would eat for dinner tonight and this post reminded me that I bought those last time I was shopping

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Every time I got to Costco an employee tries to upgrade my membership while I wait in line, citing how much stuff I have in my cart.

Yup, yup, I know guys.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FilthyImp posted:

Everything is wrong there

They probably use a slice of white bread for the bun, LIKE ANIMALS.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

BadSamaritan posted:

Every time I got to Costco an employee tries to upgrade my membership while I wait in line, citing how much stuff I have in my cart.

Yup, yup, I know guys.

There is a flag or something that they can put on your account so they'll never ask again.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

I'm about 1000 posts behind, so apologies if this has been covered. Has anyone used Costco pet insurance? We've never had pet insurance, but my wife is getting a service dog soon and we're looking in to options for coverage, since doggo is super important. It seems pretty good compared to others.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

phosdex posted:

There is a flag or something that they can put on your account so they'll never ask again.

Sometimes they’ll have someone wandering around ahead of the registers and they always beeline it towards me. It doesn’t bug me aside from calling to mind the dumb amount of groceries I have to buy to feed this family.

Also jfc do never buy the everything parm crisps, I could fill up a second cart with those bad boys.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

BadSamaritan posted:

Also jfc do never buy the everything parm crisps, I could fill up a second cart with those bad boys.
There are parm whisps too! And they've got ones for other cheeses... the only way I can convince myself to abstain is reminding myself that they give me intense heartburn, otherwise I'd be helpless

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

phosdex posted:

The true solution is to spend enough that the executive membership makes sense.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I only spend like a hundred bucks every time I go but I don't have kids and I go two or three times a week lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Soul Dentist posted:

I only spend like a hundred bucks every time I go but I don't have kids and I go two or three times a week lol

drat, check out the urethra on this goon

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

sarujin_nz posted:

The Costco dog is 100% pork in Australia, as it should be.

Reported

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

Martman posted:

There are parm whisps too! And they've got ones for other cheeses... the only way I can convince myself to abstain is reminding myself that they give me intense heartburn, otherwise I'd be helpless

Not to mention the squeaky goodness of Moon Cheese.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

drat, check out the urethra on this goon

I live ten minutes away so sometimes I just go for the food court and then it spirals

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Going to church tonight.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

Going to church tonight.

gonna hit the 'court? rotichicken? drop cash on some BEEF?

sarujin_nz posted:

The Costco dog is 100% pork in Australia, as it should be.

what in teh world

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the costco website was hosed up when i searched

y'all reckon i can get a 12v battery for a gen 2 prius at costco, it's where the costs go?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
100% pork is just a sausage

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Im gonna 100% pork a rotisserie chicken

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kntfkr posted:

the costco website was hosed up when i searched

y'all reckon i can get a 12v battery for a gen 2 prius at costco, it's where the costs go?

50/50, because on one hand it's apparently a battery pretty much only used by the Prius, on the other hand there are a fuckload of Priuses out there so maybe Costco carries it.

You can get to the battery site still at https://costco.interstatebatteries.com/ but don't bother because it's stupid. It says they don't carry the battery that I bought from Costco for my truck. The same battery they literally have at the bottom of the page talking about AGM. You'd be better off calling the tire center or just going in and looking.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The Midniter posted:

I'm right there with you. My typical guess is usually around $600 and the total usually ends up being $800. :stare:

it was "only" $300 for us yesterday but there's just 2 of us and we have no kids. meat and alcohol really crank the price up. Sometimes I'll grab a few bottles of liquor and my guess will become off by like 30%

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

YOU loving HACK THEYRE 1/4 LB ALL BEEF HOT DOGS YOURE PROBABLY THINKING ABOUT THE POLISH SAUSAGES THAT WERE TAKEN FROM US YOU poo poo.

so, no, not really. :haw:

you can buy the og 1/4 lb polish dogs at Costco Business Centers.

Genuinely superior to any comparable hot dog you can buy anywhere else for about the same price as buying a pack of ballpark franks.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The Russians are striking back at our main economic centres

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Slotducks posted:

The Russians are striking back at our main economic centres

Dang I can't buy my Costco Shop Card with my Visa. :(

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

100% pork is just a sausage

As is 100% beef. A hot dog is indeed a sausage

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Costco's entire system was down today and it was very annoying.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Im gonna 100% pork a rotisserie chicken

american pie reboot

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“We’ll just tell your mother …. About CostCo’s generous return policy”

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Went to Costco to get gas, pulled up to a pump with zero wait. Is this blessed? I think so.

I’m also pretty sure it’s never happening again but it happened once!!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ordered some 505 cause of this thread. Got regular medium and holy poo poo it’s bland, I mean textures ok but hell. Is the garlic lime better?

Might just juice up some jalapeños/garlic/lime/cumin and add it in

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 17, 2022

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soul Dentist posted:

As is 100% beef. A hot dog is indeed a sausage

Hotdogs are eaten with bunz! Sausages are eaten with mash

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The Sabatinos Mozz and Artichoke sausages they sell in the back by the meats are a staple of mine. Always have some in the fridge.

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Nah. Sausages are eaten with bread, or if you're feeling fancy curry and rice.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

a sexual elk posted:

Ordered some 505 cause of this thread. Got regular medium and holy poo poo it’s bland, I mean textures ok but hell. Is the garlic lime better?

Might just juice up some jalapeños/garlic/lime/cumin and add it in

It's not really great on its own as a salsa. It shines as a topping or mix-in.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tricky Ed posted:

It's not really great on its own as a salsa.

:hmmno:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

eat it with a spoon

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The bougie Costco had the Pendleton outdoor blankets that lady bagmo has heard lots of good things about. They also had like 10 other things the Costco closer to me doesn't usually have and now I'm tempted to make the hike out there once a month

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Sausages should be a half meter long sold from the sausage guy at a Christmas market.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got the 505 chile and put a big ol' dollop on my egg sandwich this morning. Sweet Satan this stuff is magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

bagmonkey posted:

The bougie Costco had the Pendleton outdoor blankets that lady bagmo has heard lots of good things about. They also had like 10 other things the Costco closer to me doesn't usually have and now I'm tempted to make the hike out there once a month

Which one and what did they have different?