Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That’s what happens when you leave them in the package and don’t take them out and zoom them around and go “vroom!” at least once in a while. Collecting something you enjoy becoming a joyless endeavor….I’m glad I learned to recognize it in myself before it got worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/comicsgateLs/status/1502083954844831746

So EVS has been too awful on fulfilling his stuff IGG's given him the boot?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone should write a very lengthy letter warning the staff of that platform.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
We just gonna skip past the fact he's responding to someone who's internet name is "The Coon"?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I can barely follow all of their nicknames and codewords but as best as I can tell the actual thing that happened is:

Minor CG figure Jon Del Arroz had his IGG campaign for his book briefly suspended for violating some sort of terms of the platform.

Del Arroz then posted whatever documentation he got about the complaint that got it suspended to his Twitter, which contained all of the identifying name/contact info/address of fellow minor CG figure Liam Gray, who I guess Del Arroz was doing unflattering parodies of on variant covers or something?

Del Arroz then got suspended on IGG again for violating the privacy of Liam Gray. I don't know who is in what clique but this turned into a whole thing about boycotting IGG, and various people (including EVS) are now discussing how already-excommunicated people like Richard Meyers and Jon Malin were the driving forces behind boycotting Kickstarter, so the rationale is if they don't purge JDA for whatever feud he is currently in, then perhaps they can go back to Kickstarter since they've purged the people they're claiming we most anti-Kickstarter.

Also to be clear, that screencap is from KiwiFarms, where EVS is a frequent poster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
But seriously though, choosing that as your online name.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Yeah, it's a terrible username but I've seen worse right here on SA, I mean there was once a FYAD poster who would be immediately banned for racism if he posted anywhere other than FYAD due to his username being N-word Susan

But yeah, that's a garbage name.

Said Happy Hippo of Bisexual Super Son.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Skwirl posted:

But seriously though, choosing that as your online name.
I'm not surprised an rear end in a top hat online liked South Park enough to pick a username from it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

We just gonna skip past the fact he's responding to someone who's internet name is "The Coon"?

I mean, it's the Farms. I can't be super shocked at finding poo poo in the sewer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Happy Hippo posted:

Yeah, it's a terrible username but I've seen worse right here on SA, I mean there was once a FYAD poster who would be immediately banned for racism if he posted anywhere other than FYAD due to his username being N-word Susan

Was the famed "permabanned poster" of days of yore a real poster, or just a joke name?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Edge & Christian posted:

Also to be clear, that screencap is from KiwiFarms, where EVS is a frequent poster.

Still weirds me out that KiwiFarms has verified users. And that anyone, even a creeper like EVS, would want to be one.

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 11, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

Del Arroz then got suspended on IGG again for violating the privacy of Liam Gray. I don't know who is in what clique but this turned into a whole thing about boycotting IGG, and various people (including EVS) are now discussing how already-excommunicated people like Richard Meyers and Jon Malin were the driving forces behind boycotting Kickstarter, so the rationale is if they don't purge JDA for whatever feud he is currently in, then perhaps they can go back to Kickstarter since they've purged the people they're claiming we most anti-Kickstarter.

CG really tossed Dickie out? That's... well, not surprising I guess, as they do love to eat themselves.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Still weirds me out that KiwiFarms has verified users. And that anyone, even a creeper like EVS, would want to be one.
Oh, so you send them your documents? That seems like a safe and wise life decision without possibility of error or flaw!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Jedit posted:

Was the famed "permabanned poster" of days of yore a real poster, or just a joke name?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=153179
Lasted a year and a half before getting perma'd. The forums were definitely a different place back then.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Pentaro posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=153179
Lasted a year and a half before getting perma'd. The forums were definitely a different place back then.

Holy poo poo, I don't remember that guy :wtf:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Van Sciver is thinking of starting his own Kickstarter-like service for books that come out three years late. What could go wrong?

https://twitter.com/sjw_jubilee/status/1501689713521881090?s=20&t=OsmQWbheIgXBDwJMHX3Jrg

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
If the site launch is as timely as his book launches, there’s nothing to be concerned about.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope he funds it on Indiegogo

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

If the site launch is as timely as his book launches, there’s nothing to be concerned about.

The most important thing for Ethan I'm sure is being able to lie about numbers moving forward/continue whatever weird money laundering scheme Comicsgate is actually doing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

E the Shaggy posted:

The most important thing for Ethan I'm sure is being able to lie about numbers moving forward/continue whatever weird money laundering scheme Comicsgate is actually doing.

Oh for sure. The group of sycophants he’s cultivated will gladly continue to give him money for nothing but the pride of owning the libs.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

E the Shaggy posted:

Van Sciver is thinking of starting his own Kickstarter-like service for books that come out three years late. What could go wrong?

CG has tried to start their own crownfunding platform a couple times before, but it's never really taken off in any meaningful way. There was a guy who tried to start an "Anti-Cancel Culture" one on a couple Facebook pages a couple years ago. But he got pissed when no one wanted to use it and deleted everything.

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 18, 2022

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Feels like Comicsgate can’t ask their fans to pay for books that are two years late anymore, no matter how much it owns the libz:

https://twitter.com/comicsgatels/status/1504947996496207875?s=21

https://twitter.com/comicsgatels/status/1504975372504477699?s=21

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

fuckin lol they all got scammed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/fantagraphics/status/1504991569421557761?s=20&t=kiDK9EPztH4xmwGecBeU2Q

The cover in question:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I know the whole thing with that series is to push the envelope, but yeah that was an ill conceived cover. I like Rugg, he seems pretty genuine the rest of the time, and that’s a real apology.

I gather Ed made and then deleted some responses on Twitter around this? Ed’s an insensitive edgelord, but it’s odd that the hate here is directed pretty exclusively to him and not Rugg.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 19, 2022

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

Feels like Comicsgate can’t ask their fans to pay for books that are two years late anymore, no matter how much it owns the libz:

https://twitter.com/comicsgatels/status/1504947996496207875?s=21

https://twitter.com/comicsgatels/status/1504975372504477699?s=21

this is actually an interesting legal question. Generally you have to sue someone (in my province anyway) within two years of the breach of the contract. If I recall Ethan never actually gave a date he would finish it by, when did the breach actually occur?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

I know the whole thing with that series is to push the envelope, but yeah that was an ill conceived cover. I like Rugg, he seems pretty genuine the rest of the time, and that’s a real apology.

I gather Ed made and then deleted some responses on Twitter around this? Ed’s an insensitive edgelord, but it’s odd that the hate here is directed pretty exclusively to him and not Rugg.

Piskor and Rugg seem like teenage edgelords.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vincent posted:

Piskor and Rugg seem like teenage edgelords.

I think Rugg has more nuanced takes than Ed. Ed in particular definitely pushes the envelope of what’s acceptable. I’m surprised they’ve generally avoided the comicsgate crowd, and I think Rugg is a big factor there.

They are both very “art stands alone” in terms of their treatment of material though.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I'm not familiar with their work and only know them because of their YouTube channel (Red Room looks loving depraved though). Rugg seems like a nice enough guy and Ed seems like a clever weirdo who refers to his elder pencillers as "Uncle [Whoever]"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/mattborzillo/status/1505246562284453892

Todd trying to mumble reasons he couldn't do a primarily female action figure line.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When I was a kid some of my favorite figures were Jinx, Scarlett, Teela, Jean, and Zarana.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
It always annoyed me as a kid when they did action figure lines based on a cartoon or something, and they only made the male characters. Like, even if the token girl isn't my favorite character, I still wanted the whole cast!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

As someone who collected and briefly sold action figures in the early-mid oughts it was blatant how the female character in a line would become the unofficial chase figure. Toyfaire would claim these were of higher value; I seem to remember Angela with the red cloth ribbons being especially valued, did Todd have anything to say about that?

I’m sure there’s something about women being valued more as objects than people reflected in that trend but I’m too tired to bother figuring out the particulars.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

How no one at Fantagraphics considered shooting down that cover at the pitch stage is baffling
what the gently caress did you expect

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Yeah, I remember how excited I would get as a kid when I got my yearly single action figure…

I know he’s being completely disingenuous here and I haven’t paid any attention to his toy line for over 20 years, but aren’t his figures solely prestige-level lines designed to stay in the box or be displayed on a shelf, not actually be played with by children?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Brocktoon posted:

Yeah, I remember how excited I would get as a kid when I got my yearly single action figure…

I know he’s being completely disingenuous here and I haven’t paid any attention to his toy line for over 20 years, but aren’t his figures solely prestige-level lines designed to stay in the box or be displayed on a shelf, not actually be played with by children?

Todd's company is making DC comics figures now, ones that are actually meant to be played with (though he still does the prestige figures too)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Brocktoon posted:

I own a few, and they're not even designed to be displayed on a shelf. A lot of the time the plastic eventually warps to the point where the figures can't stand on their own or even on the pegs of the display stand they come with. The ones that don't fall off the pegs end up looking like Michael Jackson in the "Smooth Criminal" video.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I personally prefer limited articulation, I would rather have a cool looking figure that can do a limited amount of poses, than one where half the figure is a series of joints that make it look like Frankenstein’s monster

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Surely no teenage boy would want an Angela figure for any reason whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pretty sure Todd McFarlane isn't allowed to make Angela figures even if he wanted to