Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

it's like youre in a marina in tyool 2020 and there's a mint portuguese caravel chilling in one of the spots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

PostNouveau posted:

Halo takes place in the year 2531

Man there's a museum where you can go see a boat that was buried under the Great Pyramid. Pyramid times is like four times as much far away from us now as 2531 is from modern Chevy Tahoes. And do you have any idea how many move Chevy Tahoes there are compared to pyramid boats? They're gonna have a ton of Chevy Tahoes in 2531

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

Halo takes place in the year 2531

Will Smith steps out of the truck wearing halo man armour but no helmet so you know it's Will Smith

"I'm so glad Chevy reissued the classic 2022 Tahoe, the classics never go out of style. I might go buy another one because they're available from dealers now just like they were in 2022"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Desperate Chevy Tahoe dealer in 2530: You could stick a plasma grenade to this baby and it wouldn't even slow down!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It isn't a Land Cruiser or Hilux so it isn't even remotely realistic anyway :colbert:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Maybe in the 26th century big 3D printers that create complex machines from raw materials in moments are commonplace, and it is industry standard to test each new printer by having it create a Chevy Tahoe.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

you wouldnt 3d print a car

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

maybe the chevy tahoe is there because master chief's warthog gets shot down by the covenant and then he uses the chevy tahoe to dodge all shots and then we cut to a covenant elite saying that he had never seen such power and speed before

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1504182470379552771?s=21

This is the only movie left in really looking forward too right now. Can’t think of anything else on the horizon (except for DU2C)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's so a young master chief can go joyriding in it while listening to the beastie boys and drive passed halo being made

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ok I think I finally got the dementia

I swear redlettermedia talked about mike myers, and somebody said that he's "the master of taking public domain jokes" and making them his, and I remember thinking that was a really good way to put it, because like he didn't invent the "cover your dick with an object in the foreground" gag, but as soon as he did it, it became an austin powers gag. stuff like that
and they were saying in the love guru it was that thing where you do one of these 👌 over your dick and if smebody looks you get to hit them

but I just looked it up, and half in the bag didn't start until three years after the love guru came out
so what the gently caress am I remembering?

is it just that I'm so used to redlettermedia being the only people with decent insights to share that I retroactively credited to them when really it was... some other chungus? :confused:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looks really good, the trailer had some cool shots.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mozi posted:

^^ ah man >:(

great minds stink alike

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cubone posted:

I swear redlettermedia talked about mike myers, and somebody said that he's "the master of taking public domain jokes" and making them his, and I remember thinking that was a really good way to put it, because like he didn't invent the "cover your dick with an object in the foreground" gag, but as soon as he did it, it became an austin powers gag. stuff like that
and they were saying in the love guru it was that thing where you do one of these 👌 over your dick and if smebody looks you get to hit them

but I just looked it up, and half in the bag didn't start until three years after the love guru came out

is it just that I'm so used to redlettermedia being the only people with decent insights to share that I retroactively credited to them when really it was... some other chungus? :confused:

Could it have been a commentary, or something brought up in a video about something else?

I have no memory of what you’re talking about, but I know I’ve gone down rabbit holes where I remember RLM people talking about a movie and finding no video about that particular movie, but then later found out I was thinking of an aside from a video about some other tangentially related movie or something.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well in Halo the warthog jeep has been in service for over a century. It must be directly descended from the 2021 Chevy Tahoe.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cubone posted:

i've consumed pretty much everything rlm's ever put out except for about 50% of the commentary tracks and i have absolutely no memory of this anywhere, so chances are if it does exist it's probably in one of them

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Could it have been a commentary, or something brought up in a video about something else?

I have no memory of what you’re talking about, but I know I’ve gone down rabbit holes where I remember RLM people talking about a movie and finding no video about that particular movie, but then later found out I was thinking of an aside from a video about some other tangentially related movie or something.

yeah, unrelated tangent that goes on for 10 minutes in a different video, something that happened on a Pre Rec stream or something, or your brain is inventing stories about your best friends at RLM

have you seen them in your dreams yet

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh i've never watched any pre-rec stuff that wasn't their game reviews either so if it's in there god help you

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
As a dedicated pre reccer who got in for the live streams and everything, probably wasn't in that one.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

reignofevil posted:

As a dedicated pre reccer who got in for the live streams and everything, probably wasn't in that one.

:chloe: :yikeseroo:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

You think that’s sad? I watch the YouTube uploads of Pre Rec. They’re not even live! I’m the lowest of the low.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i went looking for the manners, who needs them rap and stumbled upon this person who roughly animated the hypothetical Rich Evans funeral crash of the manners rap guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QbP3HSaGo

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1504182470379552771?s=21

This is the only movie left in really looking forward too right now. Can’t think of anything else on the horizon (except for DU2C)

Oh wow I am a big fan of Jackies old man face.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Monkey Fracas posted:

have you seen them in your dreams yet

Yes but no speaking roles yet.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Pre Rec was good and I miss it.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

mallratcal posted:

Pre Rec was good and I miss it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DiHK posted:

Oh wow I am a big fan of Jackies old man face.

Monitor off?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

nah man it's like his character actor slider got cranked to 11. Love it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

X JAKK posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright, gonna be taking a closer look at a terrible comedy flop from each year of the 2000's, excluding obviously bad parodies and low budget films for the sake of variety, and you the people get to vote which ones are featured between two picks from each year, or dont and I just do what I want anyway, doesnt matter. Here's a visual aid I spent entirely too long making.

CHOOSE YOUR CRAP

2000 - Ready to Rumble VS Loser
2001 - Corky Romano VS Bubble Boy
2002 - Stealing Harvard VS Sorority Boys
2003 - Malibu's Most Wanted VS Shanghai Knights
2004 - Surviving Christmas VS Taxi
2005 - The Pacifier VS The Ringer
2006 - Little Man VS The Benchwarmers
2007 - Fred Claus VS Norbit
2008 - Meet Dave VS Drillbit Taylor
2009 - Old Dogs VS Balls Out

I looked at that and thought "Shanghai Knights wasn't that bad" but no, that was Shanghai Noon. Shanghai Knights is the godawful sequel

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah but they throw Aidan Gillen off of Big Ben and blow up Donnie Yen while Owen Wilson acts like the worst American tourist ever.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 16, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah but they throw Aiden Gillan off of Big Ben

Aiden Gillen is my gf’s least favourite actor in the world, it’s hilarious how much she dislikes him. I’ll have to put this one for her

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Why can't you guys leave the Irish alone?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The only thing the irish hate more than the english is the irish

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I thought QoP was Irish so this is some kind of self-loathing situation

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shanghai Knights is important historical context for why everyone was done with Owen Wilson movies by the time Drillbit Taylor came out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Owen Wilson is a very frustrating actor because he is absolutely incredible in maybe 20% of his work.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

I thought QoP was Irish so this is some kind of self-loathing situation

I am Irish yes. We can hate our bad actors!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I am Irish yes. We can hate our bad actors!!!

I only know that guy from GoT and by the standards of that show he's pretty good :haw:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There's Qui Gon Jinn, the guy from the Total Recall remake, and the Bond guy who is extremely horny for his plump wife

Ireland has lots of famous actors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/g35461069/irish-actors/

Oh god, they’re everywhere…