Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

actually it makes smaller weapon attacks ricochet off you sometimes like the enemy hit a greatshield or a wall, gives you an easy opening on some bosses and dipshit enemies

sounds like the lead elixir from bloodborne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Vykes Dragonbolt is pretty weird, I guess if you're near the weight transitions it would be good, but you'd have to cast it so often to maintain the extra equip load. There's a crystal tear that does the same too, so strange. I guess with the Old Lord Talisman could make it worth it.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i wish there was a spell that would let me temporarily switch damage types, like let me cover the blade of my knife in rocks or some poo poo and do blunt damage

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i wish there was a spell that would let me temporarily switch damage types, like let me cover the blade of my knife in rocks or some poo poo and do blunt damage

There is, it’s called the dpad

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

if you two hand your weapon it wont bounce off rock enemies at least

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Put some kind of elemental grease on your sword and two-hand it and you'll do good damage to the rocky miner guys

Or use an ash of war to change the damage type and then take it off when you leave the mine

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my ds3 brain assumed that all the cool sounding ashes like the big mario butt stomp would actually be kind of a waste. of course the buttslam owns and poise-wise is treated as hitting everything with the largest charged 2H in a giant radius. did it on a huge heavy knight and it flattened him

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm roleplaying as a 1HBW paladin so the only weapon art I've ever used is a offensive and defensive party buff.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I love it that weapon arts are actually really good this time around. They were a cool idea in DS3 but mostly sucked. It's great that every kind of build can have cool flashy skills to use in Elden Ring

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

my ds3 brain assumed that all the cool sounding ashes like the big mario butt stomp would actually be kind of a waste. of course the buttslam owns and poise-wise is treated as hitting everything with the largest charged 2H in a giant radius. did it on a huge heavy knight and it flattened him

I put that one on my Berserk greatsword just to get the A strength scaling on it but have never thought to actually use it lol, I should try it out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

miriam round 2...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

miriam round 2...

Me when I saw her again

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

American McGay posted:

I've been using the black flame fireball mostly, it staggers which can slow down a rushing enemy. Also the madness sniper rifle is amazingly cool and great for picking off enemies from 1000m away. I tried to get into some of the dragon ones because I'm doing Faith/Arcane but they're all pretty boring and have huge cast times.

I’ve only found the madness Macross missile launcher. For dragons the crimson rot breath is pretty great for certain bosses. But all the others have felt too slow, yeah.

Does Arcane scale item damage? Does anything scale item damage?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just watched Lobos SL1 kill godskin duo. Insane

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Most of my weapons use somber stones so I haven't really played about with the millions of Ashes of war but I'm thinking of starting to use the great stars club

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I put that one on my Berserk greatsword just to get the A strength scaling on it but have never thought to actually use it lol, I should try it out

use it it owns so much, big damage for the tiny amount of fp used too. great for clearing packs of weak mons

theres also a holy buttslam thats even stronger and bigger lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

tomorrow is a national holiday so requesting the weekend gaming thread be opened ahead of time so I can post my morning coffee Elden Ring post

Gonna do mount gelmir after dinner

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Just cleared out the sewers under the capitol, beat the boss down there then followed the messages saying to hit the altar, revealing a frustrating jumping puzzle which lead me to finding a 3 finger which hugged me and permanently scarred my body. Nothing else seemed to happen. Then I found another hidden path which lead to a cave with ants except they had wings so I decided to uh, take a break.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

EmmyOk posted:

tomorrow is a national holiday so requesting the weekend gaming thread be opened ahead of time so I can post my morning coffee Elden Ring post

Gonna do mount gelmir after dinner
I did half of it last night and was blown away yet again by the sheer density of content in the area. Played for about 5 hours and explored maybe a tiny sliver of the map (which I still haven't uncovered).

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

alexander stuff the little jar hat he gives you rules so hard.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Why can't I lock onto Ancient Dragon Lansseax's legs? I could lock onto the other dragon's legs! What a bunch of bullshit! I was having fun until I got to this boss ah ha ha fix you loving game Fromsoft!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

alexander pwns

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Got what I am assuming is the basic ending. 134 hours, and I missed so much. Next playthrough is going to be crazy, this is the greatest game and they haven't even released dlc or anything yet.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

alexander pwns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

alexander pwns

:hai:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

godskin duo is a DS2 rear end fight, do better miyazaki

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

I don't think I saw him again after radahn, I want a jar hat :saddowns:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Dignity posted:

godskin duo is a DS2 rear end fight, do better miyazaki

That's the only time I actually got annoyed at a repeated boss. I really don't care about re-fighting bosses in random caves or out in the field or whatever, but having a fight that's just like here's two Godskin guys and also they respawn until their shared HP bar is gone as part of the required progression felt kinda bad

It would've been fine to just not have a boss there at all, it's not like there aren't other bosses in that zone

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sourdough posted:

I don't think I saw him again after radahn, I want a jar hat :saddowns:

i found him goin back to the study hall for ranni's quest and screwin around in liurnia, he's south of the tower

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Alexander is the Rudy of elden ring. Guy's got heart

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

Alexander is the Rudy of elden ring. Guy's got heart

specifically, radahn's

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

my favorite npc is the one that sells only boiled prawns outside of his dilapidated swamp house

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

I did half of it last night and was blown away yet again by the sheer density of content in the area. Played for about 5 hours and explored maybe a tiny sliver of the map (which I still haven't uncovered).

I climbed up a bunch of mountains then got bodied by a a beetle bull boss like 3 times. So now I'm exploring the valley below like a worm after the classic souls trick.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my favorite npc is the one that sells only boiled prawns outside of his dilapidated swamp house

i was insanely pleased to find his summon sign in front of the magma wyrm fight. he doesnt give you anything, but i was just happy to see him

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I climbed up a bunch of mountains then got bodied by a a beetle bull boss like 3 times. So now I'm exploring the valley below like a worm after the classic souls trick.

I saw the big obvious setup for that trick and walked directly into it with a smile on my face

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there was an npc summon for morgott melina. i thought it was someone doing cosplay but I summoned her to see and it was clearly an NPC. then she started flying around shooting airslashes at morgott :stare: she was just crushing him solo so I quit the game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i havent summoned any npcs for bosses because i keep forgetting to use the furlcalling finger remedy lmao