Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I said come in! posted:

I would just do your two chaos dungeon runs each day and leave it at that. So if you ever do want to come back for real, you won't be behind.

You will still be behind. Perhaps not as much, but you will still be behind. There are many games out there in the world. If you don't enjoy it now, feel free to quit it cold turkey rather than drip feed chaos dungeon runs to get your mats in some hope that you would come back to it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It’s weird that the only thing I worry about getting behind on is emoting at and serenading npcs

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/amazongames-smilegate-rpg-message-from-the-team

Looks like they understood what the problem is and realized content was coming out too fast. Instead they want to release classes faster. Bots bad blah blah. Injecting more honing materials. Events and lots of free gifts!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looks like a lot of good news!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I said come in! posted:

I would just do your two chaos dungeon runs each day and leave it at that. So if you ever do want to come back for real, you won't be behind.

I don't think "Keep playing but in small amounts" is the right answer for someone who isn't enjoying the game

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That honestly solves a lot of my issues assuming the numbers are big enough on the honing mats. Giving us a global honing buff would have been a real feels bad to anyone who had used all their stuff and not just sat on it. Some new content, a bit more time before raids, new classes coming sooner, overall gives me a lot of hope they are going to go in a better direction.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I just wanted to muse about an interesting cultural difference in language and how people approach mechanics.

In Korea, from what I understand, a common way to assign positions for mechanics that require them is to assign them with o'clock positions according to your player number in the party x3. So player 1 is east (3 o'clock), player 2 is south (6 o'clock), etc.

In FFXIV and from what I've seen briefly in chat in Lost Ark, it's far more common to assign player 1 as north/12 o'clock or otherwise start assignments from that position, which means the x3 method isn't really catching on here.

This might be due to a language thing. In English, when referring to cardinal directions, people say: "North, east, south, west" or "North, south, east, west" so it makes sense to start assignments from North. But in Korean, I think the standard order is 동서남북, which is "east, west, south, north." So at the very least, starting at east or 3 o'clock makes more sense if that's the case. For what it's worth, Chinese is the same way with 东西南北 which is also east, west, south north.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
At least so far in my PUG groups that have someone shotcalling I've mostly seen the 3x and 3x+1 method but thats entirely anecdotal

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

At least so far in my PUG groups that have someone shotcalling I've mostly seen the 3x and 3x+1 method but thats entirely anecdotal

I have seen that, but the alternative methods that seem to succeed better is to have someone just ping at the respawn point the shape or outline of positional mechanics. Players stand in that position and are expected to enter with those positions in mind when the mechanics begin.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Velveteen posted:

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/amazongames-smilegate-rpg-message-from-the-team

Looks like they understood what the problem is and realized content was coming out too fast. Instead they want to release classes faster. Bots bad blah blah. Injecting more honing materials. Events and lots of free gifts!

Those player skins are.. uhhhhh..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Those player skins are.. uhhhhh..

..extremely good, I agree

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Floor 50 of shadespire can really be a bastard on some classes. I want all those delicious shard bags for my alts but it is a giant pain in the rear end. The directional AoEs are pretty easy to avoid but the circles are a huge pain to differentiate the telegraphs when the floor is covered.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

next weeks update is really good and exciting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't think "Keep playing but in small amounts" is the right answer for someone who isn't enjoying the game

I will force you all to love this game.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I will force you all to love this game.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i dont think i did my una's today but im not gonna log back in to check. also havent done an abyss dungeon in weeks

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Legendary Card selection chests, hell yeah

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

how do they know what "Earth" is

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Earth is a term for dirt, that stuff you walk on and that dogs poop and pee on

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah but no one uses the term "paradise on earth" to describe terra firma

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Maaaan the first boss of the Oreha Preveza raid can eat my rear end.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

I feel this agony, but I am somewhat farther away. For the event shop, I only have the t3 materials left since I cannot buy t3 mats as a t2 character, so if I do not get to tier 3 by reset, I think that's the end of my journey.

SweetJahasus posted:

After failing a lot at 1096, I finally got to 1100 this morning and rushed Punika today only to be still at 1100 because I can't do any more chaos dungeons (needed them to hit 1100) and I can't get 1302 gear ant other way.

So now we have weekly reset and I can't buy out the shops of t3 materials before that. RIP. Looked oh AH and it looks like there's only purple gear there that requires 1320. Feels bad.

Alas, I have not reached tier 3, and I guess I am not the only one. I am sitting at around 5k coins with nothing left to spend it on before the reset. Having a casual event shop have item level locked materials is a bit weird. There was nothing stopping AGS/Smilegate from consolidating the materials into the roster/character bound material selection chests, but instead, we got the current shop for honing materials. It would have even have helped those with a full six tier 3 character roster since bounded t1/t2 mats would be useless otherwise. (The engraving recipes were also item level locked before the hotfix.) It is the last straw for me.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my journey. I have managed to clear every t1/t2 guardian and t1/t2 abyssal dungeons via pugs. I would say my favorite guardian is Alberhastic since, despite the 20 minute timer, the raid usually ends under 10 minutes since either it is died or the party is died because of its mechanics and squishiness; also it is the guardian that feels most like a boss in an abyss dungeon.

I do have hope that AGS/Smilegate will turn it around based their latest update, and I hope you all get to enjoy it. (The latest balance patch in KR includes a 60% damage boost for support classes who are not in a party to help with solo content.) But I am moving on.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Floor 50 of shadespire can really be a bastard on some classes. I want all those delicious shard bags for my alts but it is a giant pain in the rear end. The directional AoEs are pretty easy to avoid but the circles are a huge pain to differentiate the telegraphs when the floor is covered.

Pay attention to his arms. when both arms are together and hes holding them above his head, its the outer aoe. When he holds both arms up but outward and not together, he is doing middle aoe. I'm pretty sure he stops doing the cone move once the floor is covered and only does the big aoes and shoots the death beam at you? or at least i dont recall seeing the cone after floor darkness on any of my alts.

E: im second guessing myself on which aoe is which now because its been a minute since i did t1 tower 50, but the overall gimmick is the same, you gotta watch the arms!

Ougher fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 17, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ougher posted:

Pay attention to his arms. when both arms are together and hes holding them above his head, its the outer aoe. When he holds both arms up but outward and not together, he is doing middle aoe. I'm pretty sure he stops doing the cone move once the floor is covered and only does the big aoes and shoots the death beam at you? or at least i dont recall seeing the cone after floor darkness on any of my alts.

E: im second guessing myself on which aoe is which now because its been a minute since i did t1 tower 50, but the overall gimmick is the same, you gotta watch the arms!

Yeah. This is all correct. Arms outstretched is damage close, arms in a meditation pose is damage far.

Just takes a few attempts to get the feel of how to best do it on various classes. Then you have to blow him the gently caress up before he spams one shot beams and you die. Figuring out exactly when he changes from shadows on the floor to death beam spam and then waiting until he’s locked is his attack pattern to push him is really good for lower damage classes.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Patch live, alarm timer still broke. Events are triggering on their intended times however. For example, grand prix is back to even hour now. But alarms are triggering as if odd hours.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Patch live, alarm timer still broke. Events are triggering on their intended times however. For example, grand prix is back to even hour now. But alarms are triggering as if odd hours.

Not quite as lol lmao as New World but pretty lol all the same

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I got 2 flares and 2 awakening chaos shards as my tytalos compensation. I'm something of a rich person now

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

JuffoWup posted:

Lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My favorite thing this week has been logging on in the morning in Punika and seeing everyone gather by the kart entrance and slowly come to the realization that it's still hosed lol

Khorne
May 1, 2002

explosivo posted:

My favorite thing this week has been logging on in the morning in Punika and seeing everyone gather by the kart entrance and slowly come to the realization that it's still hosed lol
Same but the "11am" chaos portal this morning.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1100 ITEM SCORE YA'LL I DID IT! :woop:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really liking this skill inventory system now that I'm getting gear with 2 skills assigned to them. The transfer chance is abysmal but being able to get two skill upgrades I want on one piece of gear, then bank it in the inventory so I can stamp that on whatever I get moving forward is really neat.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Flair posted:

You will still be behind. Perhaps not as much, but you will still be behind. There are many games out there in the world. If you don't enjoy it now, feel free to quit it cold turkey rather than drip feed chaos dungeon runs to get your mats in some hope that you would come back to it later.

Yeah, that's why I stopped doing the daily stuff that was feeling like a chore.

I was already behind, and I didn't have anyone I was planning on playing with to catch up to so if it sounds fun in the future, there'll still be pugs doing that content and it will not make a difference to me. If one or more of my friends want to play... I'll be way ahead of them.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
This time zone saga is starting to really make me laugh, but also kind of worries me. For those not fully aware, the alarm timer is using your local pc time, not server time. Why it is feeding from there and not server time, I don't know and it is kind of worrying that it does. Because of this though, a temporary fix so to speak for fixing lost ark's alerts to be in sync is to actually disabled dst on your PC. Doing so will instantly fix so the alerts and the events are back in sync. Prior to today's patch, the alerts were in fact just as much off. Even though the events were going off on the wrong time, the alerts were still in sync as long as you turned dst off.

It truly baffles me these two systems (alert and actual event) are not pulling from the same data point and counting down from that. There is no reason for it to even look at local time for this.

Also, I noticed now in the patch note for today they actually said it wasn't fixing it fully. This was supposed to just fix the events happening at the times described. It'll be another future patch that'll fix the alert problem.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 17, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They also moved the server time +1 so EST is now +4 from west lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Extremely funny how they continue breaking it while in the process of fixing it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You would think they would have tested all of this before pushing it to live, but I have a feeling a lot of game development is like "okay this worked on our end on our test server." *pushes update live* "holy poo poo why did this just randomly not work anymore???"

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011
Lol buy a clock Korea

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

browsers castle posted:

Lol buy a clock Korea

Korean clock death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU