Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

arcane increases item drops

yes, i know. im saying that theres a whole lot of enemy drops that i never realized that i never got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

yes, i know. im saying that theres a whole lot of enemy drops that i never realized that i never got

oh my bad lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

earning those extra ring slots in elden ring and the great rune system just handing you an enormous amount of power feels so good.

the first great rune youre basically handed for free gives +5 to all stats when 'runed up', thats one really nice way to incentivize multi lol

After I got that one I was like "man that's crazy I can't wait to see how powerful the other runes are" and it turned out that they're all things like giving you rally which is cool but not really comparable to getting the equivalent of 40 free levels

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is it just me or are there way too many int scaling weapons? Just finished an incredibly involved lore filled quest line and the reward was yet another int scaling great sword to add to the pile. I’ve found exactly two faith/strength weapons.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

something ive noticed on my high arcane playthrough is that im getting all kinds of crazy weapon and armor drops from enemies. just got an extremely dope scythe from a skeleton

The scythes are sick, if you use two the L1 combines horizontal and vertical slices and has good range

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

both of these are things i wish they had carried over into dark souls 3 and elden ring. the ring that increased the damage and scaling of your fists owned so hard

there's a reason I used to say it was my favorite (obviously elden ring is, now). it's still the one I've replayed the most.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is it just me or are there way too many int scaling weapons? Just finished an incredibly involved lore filled quest line and the reward was yet another int scaling great sword to add to the pile. I’ve found exactly two faith/strength weapons.

there's a bunch of weapons for every stat combo but i do think the int/dex and int/str ones happen to be easier to find. probably because of how everything in Raya Lucaria is an int weapon and Caelid being also very int oriented.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It felt like an even spread at the end, but faith weapons were really thinly spread between their three elements while int was getting duplicate weapon types in the early game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That second playthrough feeling where you know your way through every dungeon and can run through with total confidence :hai:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Control Volume posted:

It felt like an even spread at the end, but faith weapons were really thinly spread between their three elements while int was getting duplicate weapon types in the early game.

Its because int is for wimps, as it should be. Let it be so.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

anyone know if ng+ changes anything at all? or just the standard global level up?

the mods for this game down the line are going to be so cool

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

there's a reason I used to say it was my favorite (obviously elden ring is, now). it's still the one I've replayed the most.

dark souls 2 is a good but flawed game imo if it wasnt for soul memory it would have my favorite co-op too because the bell tower really owned

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Whoops wrong thread

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This volcano manor lady is spiting some truths ngl.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

volcano manor q: so i followed rannis quest because I got spoiled on it having no real downsides, its just more stuff to do. is the volcano manor offer by the two regal ppl similar, or would it mess up the story in a major way?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

volcano manor q: so i followed rannis quest because I got spoiled on it having no real downsides, its just more stuff to do. is the volcano manor offer by the two regal ppl similar, or would it mess up the story in a major way?

I don’t think it really does anything major except let you get to the shardbearer fight without going through the legacy dungeon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I believe it's required that you at least accept the first question so you can get the key. They'll give you various kill contracts that come with unique rewards, but I'm not far along enough to know if this fucks up any other questlines.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

You don't lose anything for doing the Volcano Manor quests, but you do get some of the best-looking armor sets in the game

They do ask you to kill some people who seem nice, though one of them is optional at least

One note is that the questline lets you skip the dungeon and go straight to the boss when you complete it, however if you do the Volcano Manor dungeon and kill the boss there it will end the questline, so if you want to do the whole dungeon, do it after you've finished the Volcano Manor quests. You'll be able to decline the offer to be taken right to the boss, so you can do the dungeon then if you want without losing out on anything.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i will do anything a npc tells me to do

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i will do anything a npc tells me to do
Basically this. I'm a good boy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Except for that fat sorcerer bitch who keeps talking down to me. Hate that guy.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

American McGay posted:

This volcano manor lady is spiting some truths ngl.

I was hesitant about doing those requests at first but after seeing the drop I got from the first one I was convinced

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

American McGay posted:

Except for that fat sorcerer bitch who keeps talking down to me. Hate that guy.

My mom says not to talk to sorcerers

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I got the tude now posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The pure white torch you get from Nokron is sick I've been using it over my belt lantern. Everything is so bright and clean.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A friend of mine is playing this as his first From title. He's spent the last three weeks clearing out Western Limgrave meticulously without ever going anywhere else (sent a map screen shot that had a few spots outside that he'd ended up going to by treasure traps). Seems like a cool way to play except hes still low level for the amount of time played because of how few runes you get in that area.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

A friend of mine is playing this as his first From title. He's spent the last three weeks clearing out Western Limgrave meticulously without ever going anywhere else (sent a map screen shot that had a few spots outside that he'd ended up going to by treasure traps). Seems like a cool way to play except hes still low level for the amount of time played because of how few runes you get in that area.

hes playing the game correctly

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thats exactly how Ive been playing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Like I posted before, I explored a tiny section of Gelmir last night and I played for about 5 hours. I almost never use the horse and I make sure I check every possible crevice before moving on to the next area. I'm deathly afraid of missing something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Like I posted before, I explored a tiny section of Gelmir last night and I played for about 5 hours. I almost never use the horse and I make sure I check every possible crevice before moving on to the next area. I'm deathly afraid of missing something.

I really want to play like that, but I'm so distracted by big land marks. I also check the map for ruins and caves a lot and beeline there for upgrade mats.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I would love to have that thing in BotW that tracks your footsteps

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

American McGay posted:

I ride the horse bc I’m scared and want to be able to run away fast.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I ride the horse because the horse kicks rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I ride the horse because the horse kicks rear end.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Their name is Torrent

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I would love to have that thing in BotW that tracks your footsteps

this would be rad if only to see death runs layering over each other mulitple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plebian Parasite posted:

this would be rad if only to see death runs layering over each other mulitple times.

the route to every tough boss door just completely covered over lol