Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

mutata posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Echo player spotted.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ignis posted:

It only took almost three years since HLC and Paris were removed from comp

Aren't all 2CP maps going away to their own Arcade-mode in OW2. They better be in rotation.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think 2cp is really fun play and great to watch pros play. I have notoriously bad opinions though.

Pulling off a point A full hold is such a good feeling, and hammering away at a solid defense, trying to find the weakness is fun too. I also like a really chaotic point B respawn race: you can't afford to lose anyone or you will lose your foothold on the point and the defenders will respawn.

headcase fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 16, 2022

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Counterpoint: 2CP is terrible because after the first scramble it becomes a constant switching race to find the team comp/character to break through a defense. Playing on PC in quick play is rough in that you have a high chance of an unbalanced number of console players on the field and it sucks that you have to suffer them at all. Console players can play alone but PC can’t in quick play.

Same thing applies on payload maps but at least as a PC player you can usually whittle away at defenses by yourself without relying on your console teammates to be able to handle themselves as easily.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Irregardless posted:

Counterpoint: 2CP is terrible because after the first scramble it becomes a constant switching race to find the team comp/character to break through a defense. Playing on PC in quick play is rough in that you have a high chance of an unbalanced number of console players on the field and it sucks that you have to suffer them at all. Console players can play alone but PC can’t in quick play.

Same thing applies on payload maps but at least as a PC player you can usually whittle away at defenses by yourself without relying on your console teammates to be able to handle themselves as easily.

Yeah I usually like the team play aspects of overwatch and macro level strategy more than I like solo contributions and mechanics. Also, I haven't played a non-competitive mode in years. No idea what it would be like to see a console person show up in my game.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

headcase posted:

Yeah I usually like the team play aspects of overwatch and macro level strategy more than I like solo contributions and mechanics. Also, I haven't played a non-competitive mode in years. No idea what it would be like to see a console person show up in my game.

Normally when I play I’ve only got about 20-30 minutes and I could care less about the competitive modes because I’m locked into a role and the games take longer. Quick play classic lets me jump in and I can pick any character to fill in the holes in the team. Filling in the holes scratches the macro level strategy itch, but without going full competitive mode as I only play with a friend or two at most.

Then again, I’m a fighting game player these days as they fit my available game time schedule and I prefer losing on my own than through throwing teammates.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
It’s been about a year since I played OW, am I reading these posts right that there is cross play in QP modes now?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

It’s been about a year since I played OW, am I reading these posts right that there is cross play in QP modes now?

There is! It's why I quit; there was no way to turn off PC text chat on console, and it became a one-way street of toxic typing appearing on my tv. Well, that, and I played mostly support and everything got screwed with there.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

There is! It's why I quit; there was no way to turn off PC text chat on console, and it became a one-way street of toxic typing appearing on my tv. Well, that, and I played mostly support and everything got screwed with there.

I was under the impression that console players could disable connecting with PC players via Settings, but PC players can't disable playing with console players.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Dodgeball posted:

I was under the impression that console players could disable connecting with PC players via Settings, but PC players can't disable playing with console players.

This is correct except for competitive modes are exclusive wrt PC/console

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Irregardless posted:

Playing on PC in quick play is rough in that you have a high chance of an unbalanced number of console players on the field and it sucks that you have to suffer them at all. Console players can play alone but PC can’t in quick play.

You also can't ensure that in a game of all PC players nobody you're matchmade with has a controller as their input device. I wonder if that's why Blizzard didn't bother letting PC players disable cross-play.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

parasyte posted:

You also can't ensure that in a game of all PC players nobody you're matchmade with has a controller as their input device. I wonder if that's why Blizzard didn't bother letting PC players disable cross-play.

I'd say its because some of the console populations need the volume to survive

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/yeHHH/status/1504176861609443335?t=XFdpXxzRsoH9d5n_-r171g&s=19

Self leaks lol

I think a dev made a comment about it some months ago,, but now there's an actual screenshot to go with it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If Doomfist becomes a tank I wonder if they'll give him a redesign that puts like armor or something on him so that his silhouette is bigger. All the tanks are pretty big and wide, except for Zaria but she has her gigantic weapon. Doomfist has his giant fist but he's still more comparable to all the other DPS characters.

Also I really want them to add Muaga. Sojurn looks boring, give me Evil Maui

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Is this new? They had a thing right after they introduced crossplay where you could mute the text-chat but only for a few games at a time/your current session, and it got really old having to constantly remember to change settings. This might be enough to get me to come back.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Is this new? They had a thing right after they introduced crossplay where you could mute the text-chat but only for a few games at a time/your current session, and it got really old having to constantly remember to change settings. This might be enough to get me to come back.

It's been there for awhile, at least, but I'm not sure when it was implemented.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/LeaderGrev/status/1504482088455573513?t=FAkJ4dub7ExV2tAlSgIFTw&s=19

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.ggrecon.com/articles/sources-overwatch-2-characters-abilities-overwatch-2-alpha/

Orisa/Doomfist totally reworked, Sojourn abilities listed too

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1507071968092299277

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

maybe the most necessary improvement they could make

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Ping system seems a little underwhelming but have to see how it plays in game. In-game Audible warnings/call outs in games get missed, it's why voice comms is important.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Still doesn't seem like you can ping enemies ala Apex and other games. That would be great for casual, no-voice games, but I guess they want to encourage voice chat for callouts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Splinter posted:

Still doesn't seem like you can ping enemies ala Apex and other games. That would be great for casual, no-voice games, but I guess they want to encourage voice chat for callouts.

You can ping enemies. They specifically bring this up with Reaper:

quote:

With Reaper, sometimes you can see him, and sometimes you can’t. When you ping a Reaper who's in your line of sight, the hero you're playing will call out his location. However, when he breaks line of sight, your ping will show his last known location. Some of Reaper’s abilities, like Shadow Step and Wraith Form, will cause your ping to show his last known location.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Macaluso posted:

You can ping enemies. They specifically bring this up with Reaper:

I stand corrected! That'll be nice.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I’m glad they’re making progress at least. Hopefully some new executive leadership helps. I was bummed to find out that PvE is a pushed back even more but it’s necessary just to get some life-blood flowing in again.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

That has the potential to make regular games so much less annoying.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

<knock knock> Is this thing on? Hellooooo? Anybody here?

Anyway, if you have Prime, you can claim a legendary lootbox (and apparently additional ones each month until September?)

quote:

Overwatch: From now through September (9/14), Prime members can claim monthly Overwatch Hero offers, which will unlock a total of four Legendary Loot Boxes and three Standard Loot Boxes. Today until 4/27, Prime members can redeem the first Prime Gaming Overwatch drop, which includes a Legendary Loot Box.

https://primegaming.blog/blizzard-titles-join-prime-gamings-april-offerings-a8c8e51ac601?gi=1daaa0d0a21d

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 30, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Looks like they're replacing the seasonal events with "Remix" events this year while they finish OW2. Opening some time-limited skins back up and adding some palette swaps of them.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1509609709011013660?s=20&t=XbBt5e4cCe7YC4nxQqzTqA
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/community-update-2022-in-game-events-retail/658530

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"Just make them white. Who cares?!" - someone at Blizzard, probably.

I wonder if those "remixes" are part of the "more legendary skins than ever before" that were announced for 2022 after the lunar new year was so anemic.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I’m sure they’re absolutely factoring that in and it doesn’t bode well…

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

At this point tho, who cares? The OW Beta is coming out either at the end of next month, or the beginning of the next.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/community-update-2022-in-game-events-retail/658530/28

quote:

We have no plans to bring back the Pink Mercy skin or icons.

But... why though? Why even make this post if you're not going to elaborate on why? What could possibly be the reason they refuse to not bring that skin back

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The most forgiving guess I have is that the use of the skin is somehow legally tied up with the charity they worked with and there is something there preventing them easily releasing it. Although I can't for the life of me guess why either Blizzard or the charity wouldn't want to reopen that money faucet?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I just wanted archives to happen again. I want to wall ride around and spam the Lucio boop voice line.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
I miss og overwatch. Lucario healing and bouncing around?! Wall running off that middle hole on Ilios? Huge

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Moon LLC posted:

I miss og overwatch. Lucario healing and bouncing around?! Wall running off that middle hole on Ilios? Huge

I'm a Mewtwo main, myself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Ashcans posted:

The most forgiving guess I have is that the use of the skin is somehow legally tied up with the charity they worked with and there is something there preventing them easily releasing it. Although I can't for the life of me guess why either Blizzard or the charity wouldn't want to reopen that money faucet?

The charity might not want to be associated with ActiBlizz due to the, you know, lawsuit.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 2, 2022