Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
5th March
Dragongate Champion Gate Night 1
Open The Brave Gate Title
Dragon Dia vs Takuma Fujiwara

MOTYC
5th March
Dragongate Champion Gate Night 1
Open The Brave Gate Title
Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & U-T) vs Gold Class (Kaito Ishida, Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi)

Great stuff from DG. Fujiwara is a prodigy man, he's what, 6 months into his career & doing this? I'm not saying Rookie of the Year is locked down but honestly hard to imagine anyone better if he stays healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th March
AEW Revolution 2022 Buy-In
Death Triangle (PAC & Penta Oscuro) & Erick Redbeard vs House of Black (Brody King, Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/15

This was really, really good! And it got great by the end, goddamn!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/15

This was really, really good! And it got great by the end, goddamn!

2nd. One of the best YOSHI-HASHI singles matches I remember

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/15

Not quite on the level I had hoped for but then it's a non-clap crowd on a weekday show, and this was still really, really good and I still live in terror for what is left of Tana's knees.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito - New Japan Cup (3/15)

Not the best match they've had together but the baseline for these two is a great pro wrestling match. Finish loving ruled.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
7th March
All Japan Dream Power Series Night 1
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa)

Nice main event of a smaller house show, as well as a preview of the upcoming Triple Crown clash between Kento & Shuji. The strike exchanges between those lads, bwoof! Definitely recommended. Forgot to add that Yuma is pretty funny

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 15, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Taichi vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW New Japan Cup (3/14)

Okada is the runaway wrestler of the year right now. Incredible match.

HM: CIMA vs Hirooki Goto

Really great work with a super sick finishing sequence.

Agreed

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I've finally managed to start Revolution, & I was going to wait & dump a post with any nominations but after that PPV opener I gotta write something while it's fresh in my mind.

MOTYC
6th March
AEW Revolution
Chris Jericho vs Eddie Kingston

I think this is one of my favourite all-time AEW matches. The build was great which meant the story going in was great, the crowd were super into it, & both guys battered the absolute bejesus out of each other right from the bell. To some extent Eddie is a throwback to 20 years ago when every 2nd guy on the US indies was doing a '90s All Japan tribute act, but Eddie is still here, he gets the psychology in a way most dudes on a 2004 IWA Mid South undercard clearly didn't & it really feels more than a tribute act because of the charisma & emotion that carries through everything Eddie does. Meanwhile Chris Jericho is out here at 51 getting dropped on his head, doing a suplex from the apron to the floor, getting dropped on his head even more, he worked his butt off here & Kingston winning came off feeling like a star. It just loving rules, & maybe it's recency bias but I'm going ****¾ on it. I was on the edge of my seat throughout. It loving ruled. Best Jericho match I've seen since he first showed up in New Japan to face Kenny, maybe on the same level as the No DQ match with Naito.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 15, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th March
AEW Revolution
AEW Tag Team Titles
Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) vs reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) vs Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

HM
6th March
AEW Revolution
Ladder Match
Christian Cage vs Keith Lee vs Orange Cassidy vs Powerhouse Hobbs vs Ricky Starks vs Wardlow

MOTYC
6th March
AEW Revolution
Dog Collar Match
CM Punk vs MJF

MOTYC
6th March
AEW Revolution
Bryan Danielson vs Jon Moxley

HM
6th March
AEW Revolution
AEW World Title
Adam Page vs Adam Cole

Hell of a show all things considered. The Tornado Tag was one multiman spotfest too much for my tastes, best women's match of the night was on the pre-show which is a shame, but that's about it for things to find fault in. Maybe the main show was a little too long but I watched it in 3 chunks which avoided that problem.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: CIMA vs Hirooki Goto

Really great work with a super sick finishing sequence.

Nth on both of these, particular the finisher for CIMA and Goto. The NJC is settling into the usual excellence in the later rounds.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thanlis posted:

Nth on both of these, particular the finisher for CIMA and Goto. The NJC is settling into the usual excellence in the later rounds.

NJPW really has to realise less is more at some point because I think if they'd just announced the third round match ups and replaced Chase with Ishii or Suzuki or literally anyone else, then it'd have gotten a lot of interest l

The GOD getting kicked out of Bullet Club angle was good though

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 3/15

HM: Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. Colt Cabana, Evil Uno, & Alan "V" Angels
HM: Top Flight vs. Ariya Daivari & Invictus Khash
HM: Emi Sakura vs. Shalonce Royal

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/15

MOTYC: Emi Sakura vs. Shalonce Royal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Finally caught up on this and happy to give it the 7th it needs and deserves, what a wonderful match.... but also oh my God imagine this match with crowds who were allowed to react.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/15

HM: Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. Colt Cabana, Evil Uno, & Alan "V" Angels
HM: Top Flight vs. Ariya Daivari & Invictus Khash
HM: Emi Sakura vs. Shalonce Royal

yep

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
and

HM: Chaos Project vs Jon Silver & Alex Reynolds - AEW Dark - 3/15/22

for the promo and 'wait here' lmao

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

Finally caught up on this and happy to give it the 7th it needs and deserves, what a wonderful match.... but also oh my God imagine this match with crowds who were allowed to react.

An unneeded nth but I also like how Okada's respect for Taichi grows with every succeeding match they have lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Because I'm a dork & keep a spreadsheet of all this poo poo, & also because I'm bored but don't have the time to do anything really before having to go & do real-world things, I decided to waste your time by making you scroll over a post of statistics.

In 2022 I have rated 59 matches at MOTYC & 111 at HM, with MOTYC being anything above **** & HM being either ***¾ or ****, out of a total 654 matches watched across 122 shows. The most recent show I watched was All Japan from the 7th March, because I have a horrible backlog. The company I have seen the most shows from has been AEW with 22, followed by NOAH & Dragongate at 13, Stardom at 11 & DDT at 10. I have seen shows from 23 different promotions.

I have 1 ***** match from NOAH, 3 ****¾ (2 from AEW & 1 from NOAH), 14 ****½ (Freedoms, NJPW & ZERO1 all have 2 at that rating, 8 other promotions are tired on 1) & 41 at ****¼ (NOAH have 5, AEW & DG tie at 4, 21 promotions in total have at least 1). AEW dominate both **** & ***¾ with 8 & 11 respectively.

NOAH's The New Year 2022 from 1/1 had 4 MOTYC matches, which beats any other show, though 3 other shows have 3 MOTYC calibre matches (Gake No Fuchi 4/1, GLEAT 22/2 & AEW Revolution).

Every match I have over ****½ has enough votes from the forum, but have a list of ****½ matches that don't have enough nominations, though of them are at least on the ALMOST list. (You could change that! By watching these & nominating them, nice chance to see something unfamiliar. Hopefully these timestamps in the links work but I'm not overly familiar with VK yet)
1/1 ZERO1 Fuminori Abe vs Shoki Kitamura
1/1 ZERO1 Takashi Sugiura vs Masato Tanaka
3/1 AJPW Runaway SUPLEX vs NEXTREAM
3/1 Freedoms Jun Kasai vs Rina Yamashita
4/1 Gake No Fuchi Joshi Pro Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi, Risa Sera, Sanshiro Takagi & Suzu Suzuki vs Chris Brookes, Miyako Matsumoto, Senosister Mao Inoue & Shunma Katsumata
27/1 NOAH Go Shiozaki vs Takashi Sugiura
29/1 Stardom Giulia vs Mayu Iwatani
29/1 Rev Pro Francesco Akira vs Gabriel Kidd I can't find this. NJPW World didn't even upload it. Sucks, well worth seeing.
3/2 Freedoms Minoru Fujita vs Rina Yamashita Link is for the whole show, skip to 1:04:20
22/2 GLEAT El Lindaman vs T-Hawk
23/2 Stardom Starlight Kid vs AZM

Special mention to my lowest rated match of the year, a whole half a star for Antonio Zambrano vs Wardlow. I was so drat bored of the Wardlow match format at that point. And honourable mention to MJF vs Shawn Dean from the same show which I gave * to, meaning it is the single biggest gap between what I thought of it & the rest of the forum thought, as it has enough MOTYC votes. So that's funny.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

Because I'm a dork & keep a spreadsheet of all this poo poo, & also because I'm bored but don't have the time to do anything really before having to go & do real-world things, I decided to waste your time by making you scroll over a post of statistics.

In 2022 I have rated 59 matches at MOTYC & 111 at HM, with MOTYC being anything above **** & HM being either ***¾ or ****, out of a total 654 matches watched across 122 shows. The most recent show I watched was All Japan from the 7th March, because I have a horrible backlog. The company I have seen the most shows from has been AEW with 22, followed by NOAH & Dragongate at 13, Stardom at 11 & DDT at 10. I have seen shows from 23 different promotions.

I have 1 ***** match from NOAH, 3 ****¾ (2 from AEW & 1 from NOAH), 14 ****½ (Freedoms, NJPW & ZERO1 all have 2 at that rating, 8 other promotions are tired on 1) & 41 at ****¼ (NOAH have 5, AEW & DG tie at 4, 21 promotions in total have at least 1). AEW dominate both **** & ***¾ with 8 & 11 respectively.

NOAH's The New Year 2022 from 1/1 had 4 MOTYC matches, which beats any other show, though 3 other shows have 3 MOTYC calibre matches (Gake No Fuchi 4/1, GLEAT 22/2 & AEW Revolution).

Every match I have over ****½ has enough votes from the forum, but have a list of ****½ matches that don't have enough nominations, though of them are at least on the ALMOST list. (You could change that! By watching these & nominating them, nice chance to see something unfamiliar. Hopefully these timestamps in the links work but I'm not overly familiar with VK yet)
1/1 ZERO1 Fuminori Abe vs Shoki Kitamura
1/1 ZERO1 Takashi Sugiura vs Masato Tanaka
3/1 AJPW Runaway SUPLEX vs NEXTREAM
3/1 Freedoms Jun Kasai vs Rina Yamashita
4/1 Gake No Fuchi Joshi Pro Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi, Risa Sera, Sanshiro Takagi & Suzu Suzuki vs Chris Brookes, Miyako Matsumoto, Senosister Mao Inoue & Shunma Katsumata
27/1 NOAH Go Shiozaki vs Takashi Sugiura
29/1 Stardom Giulia vs Mayu Iwatani
29/1 Rev Pro Francesco Akira vs Gabriel Kidd I can't find this. NJPW World didn't even upload it. Sucks, well worth seeing.
3/2 Freedoms Minoru Fujita vs Rina Yamashita Link is for the whole show, skip to 1:04:20
22/2 GLEAT El Lindaman vs T-Hawk
23/2 Stardom Starlight Kid vs AZM

Special mention to my lowest rated match of the year, a whole half a star for Antonio Zambrano vs Wardlow. I was so drat bored of the Wardlow match format at that point. And honourable mention to MJF vs Shawn Dean from the same show which I gave * to, meaning it is the single biggest gap between what I thought of it & the rest of the forum thought, as it has enough MOTYC votes. So that's funny.

Thank you for this, it makes me feel better about my keeping a spreadsheet! (a scanty 206 matches tho)

Are there any sites it is verboten to link to at the moment? I've got a link for Oku-Ospreay on the Almost list that I think people should watch (because the American match on the MOTY list that it ripped off paid homage to got more views, I'd guess)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Deathlove posted:

Thank you for this, it makes me feel better about my keeping a spreadsheet! (a scanty 206 matches tho)

Are there any sites it is verboten to link to at the moment? I've got a link for Oku-Ospreay on the Almost list that I think people should watch (because the American match on the MOTY list that it ripped off paid homage to got more views, I'd guess)

From my past experience the general rule is "no torrents" but if it's just on a streaming site that's alright. But not a mod so don't take my word for it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hey forkboy did I miss you posting a link to that Astornauts/Okami match from Big Japan? Because more Nomura and Abe in my life is never a bad thing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Hey forkboy did I miss you posting a link to that Astornauts/Okami match from Big Japan? Because more Nomura and Abe in my life is never a bad thing

Nope, I just totally forgot to post it after saying I would

https://vk.com/video-4499945_456248088?t=44m40s

Main event is also worth a gander, Big Sexy Daisuke Sekimoto fun times.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HMs from the March 11 Rampage:

Darby Allin vs. Marq Quen
Swerve Strickland vs. Tony Nese

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate - Champion Gate 2022 Night 2 - March 6, 2022

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - D'Courage (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka) vs. Z-Brats (HYO & SB KENTo) vs. Eita & Yosuke Santa Maria

2nd that but also from the same show

HM: Gold Class (Kaito Ishida, Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, Diamante & Shun Skywalker)
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - KAI vs. Big Boss Shimizu

Shun is just an utter prick & it rules.

I was on the bubble with KAI Shimizu between 4 & 4¼ but gently caress it, deserves it.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 16, 2022

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

The stats are great!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

2nd that but also from the same show

HM: Gold Class (Kaito Ishida, Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, Diamante & Shun Skywalker)
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - KAI vs. Big Boss Shimizu

Shun is just an utter prick & it rules.

I was on the bubble with KAI Shimizu between 4 & 4¼ but gently caress it, deserves it.

I went back an re-watched the Dream Gate match, and now being detached from the disappointment of my boy Shimizu not winning, I'd like to upgrade my original HM nom for KAI/Shimizu to MOTYC.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
7th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 3
Chase Owens vs Jado

That match that sounded terrible on paper? Shock horror, it was!

If Taguchi wasn't a sheer joy then there'd be 2 WMOTYC from this show because EVIL matches are loving dire & have been for 2 years now. And that House of Torture "magic" continued to another Match on the card, SHO dragging Hiromu to a below average match, which is a hell of a feat in itself.

House of Torture belongs in CYN.

Oh well, at least the show wasn't a total waste of space.

MOTYC
7th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 3
Shingo Takagi vs Tomohiro Ishii

This is their 5th Singles Match together. Every single one has ruled. 2021 G1 match was my #2 Match of the Year, 2019 was probably top 5 (I didn't keep records then and my memory is terrible). So of course they went had a banger. Of course.

Far too many great moments to single out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Adam Cole & Redragon vs. Hangman Page, Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus, AEW Dynamite, 3/16

Match owned

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Nope, I just totally forgot to post it after saying I would

https://vk.com/video-4499945_456248088?t=44m40s

Main event is also worth a gander, Big Sexy Daisuke Sekimoto fun times.

Much appreciated for this. Astronauts ruled as expected, and Daichi Hashimoto has come so far from when I first saw him back in 2013

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
20th February
Big Japan Pro Wrestling Ikkitousen Strong Climb Finals
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Okami (Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani)

HM
20th February
Big Japan Pro Wrestling Ikkitousen Strong Climb Finals
Ikkitousen Strong Climb Final
Daisuke Sekimoto vs Yasufumi Nakanoue

Astronauts are the best Tag Team in the world, Okami are probably top 20, they have a banger, you should watch. Will link it when I'm back at the computer

nth to both of these. Astronauts rule, they deserve more eyes than BJW/BASARA can provide

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Adam Cole & Redragon vs. Hangman Page, Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus, AEW Dynamite, 3/16

Match owned

2nd, and also:

HM: Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley vs. Chuck Taylor & Wheeler Yuta - AEW Dynamite St. Patrick's Day Slam - 3/16

I love Regal and his Violence Stepsons so much, and goddamn what a showing for Yuta.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (C) vs. Thunder Rosa in a Steel Cage match for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite St. Patrick's Day Stampede - 3/16

"No man's land, no woman's land..."
"NOBODY'S LAND!"

These two women were trying to kill each other, and largely succeeding!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs. Britt Baker, AEW Dynamite, 3/16

Holy gently caress what a match

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (C) vs. Thunder Rosa in a Steel Cage match for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite St. Patrick's Day Stampede - 3/16

"NOBODY'S LAND!"

nth

tony was right

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

2nd, and also:

HM: Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley vs. Chuck Taylor & Wheeler Yuta - AEW Dynamite St. Patrick's Day Slam - 3/16

I love Regal and his Violence Stepsons so much, and goddamn what a showing for Yuta.

Jerusalem posted:

"NOBODY'S LAND!"

Double nth!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dynamite 3/16:

HM: Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Page, Jungle Boy, & Luchasaurus
HM: Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley vs. Chuck Taylor & Wheeler Yuta
MOTYC: Dr. Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Page, Jungle Boy, & Luchasaurus, AEW Dynamite: St. Patrick's Day Slam
HM: Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley vs. Chuck Taylor & Wheeler Yuta, AEW Dynamite: St. Patrick's Day Slam
HM: Dr. Britt Baker (c) vs. Thunder Rosa in a steel cage for the AEW World Championship, AEW Dynamite: St. Patrick's Day Slam

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

Dynamite 3/16:

HM: Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Page, Jungle Boy, & Luchasaurus

Yeah agreed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punch McLightning posted:

Dynamite 3/16:

Nth these. Really fun show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

2nd, and also:

nth

Jerusalem posted:

"NOBODY'S LAND!"

nth

got home late from a haircut and missed the first match but have it on dvr