Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh my god this game just keeps going lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03

quote:

Additional Elements Added
Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.

Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
Added night background music for some open field area.

Bug Fixed
Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.

Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
Text fixes.
Other performance improvement and bug fixes.

Balance Changes
Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
Increased shield’s effectiveness.
Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
Other enemy and weapon balance changes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

App Ver. 1.03
Regulation Ver. 1.03.1

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 17, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.

:staredog:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:staredog:

Well poo poo guess I’m doing another playthrough right now then

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Of course I jumped into NG+ yesterday so I'll have to do the quests all over to see the new stuff

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
who is kenneth haight

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

they made magic BETTER, what the gently caress

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I ride the horse because the horse kicks rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

who is kenneth haight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Hite

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

scary ghost dog posted:

who is kenneth haight

a dude in limgrave by the misty forest

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
also

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
LFG

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

they made magic BETTER, what the gently caress

Sincerely shocked, I have never seen magic buffed in a From game patch

Hopefully it makes more spells actually worth using

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Tim Meadows in Walk Hard voice* It makes magic BETTER

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elden ring owns

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

who is kenneth haight

some guy i just killed

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I cant wait to see the Other enemy and weapon balance changes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

who is kenneth haight

The President of Lindgrave.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat that's awesome, gonna check some of this out.

quote:

Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
I can't find the video, but lol because I think this is addressing an exploit where you could set yourself on fire and then use that shield to spam "reflected" fireballs at enemies proccing from your own self-burn damage

Also glad they're making Unseen Form look right. It's surprisingly useful, when I got to Ordina Liturgical Town with the hosed up invisible enemies I took that as a sign to try out invisibility myself, and they basically stopped noticing me. It was pretty lame that it didn't make you look all sneaky though.

edit: also rip my quest progress, I decided to get Kenneth Haight murdered by demi-humans as an experiment, to see if anything special happens when NPCs die without you "sinning" (nothing special happened)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wonder what quest stuff they added for Gostoc. I'm guessing most people just kill him when they find out he's the one stealing their runes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't on my first run and he has a funny cutscene but that's all he did so I wasn't sure wtf the point of him was besides to gently caress with you.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Nepheli has just been chilling in Roundtable Hold saying the same thing forever so curious where that goes. I wonder which weapons weren't scaling properly? I killed Gostoc already so whoops

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Nepheli has just been chilling in Roundtable Hold saying the same thing forever so curious where that goes. I wonder which weapons weren't scaling properly? I killed Gostoc already so whoops

Apparently arcane scaling was bugged so any weapons that used that were hosed.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

American McGay posted:

Wonder what quest stuff they added for Gostoc. I'm guessing most people just kill him when they find out he's the one stealing their runes.
i'm guessing they make him chill out so you can buy from him again, dudes been stomping on that skull for weeks

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I don't know what to do with myself after beating the game. I guess I am making a new character and doing it all again.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Finally beat Malenia after about 150 tries, no exaggerating. Easily the hardest boss in the series yet. No summons and no Moonveil, unlike some wiki readers. Feels good man.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

none of the arcane somberstone weapons had any scaling at all. now the katana i leveled to +10 before realizing this is insanely epic

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It seems like bleed weapons were already super powerful and since a lot of them scale with arcane then lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It seems like bleed weapons were already super powerful and since a lot of them scale with arcane then lol

bleed-infused normal weapons havent changed, my bleed uchi and bleed wakizashi still have the same bleed rating and ar, and bleed procs still seem to do the same amount of damage

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it was just the unique ones which is sweet because they were already decent but are probably amazing now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Finally beat Malenia after about 150 tries, no exaggerating. Easily the hardest boss in the series yet. No summons and no Moonveil, unlike some wiki readers. Feels good man.

Badass :worship:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
been listening to the eternal Alan Jackson classic Chattahoochee whilst playing and I have to say it's really elevated my gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5UEW2kYvc

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The reason I know it was about 150 attempts is because that's how many pieces of boiled crab I ate. I would eat one at the beginning of every attempt and it became like a death counter lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Average Bear posted:

I have phase one down pretty good but when phase two starts I can't help myself and I just walk backwards away from her with my shield up for two minutes until I finally decide to engage and she just shreds me lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Average Bear posted:

The reason I know it was about 150 attempts is because that's how many pieces of boiled crab I ate. I would eat one at the beginning of every attempt and it became like a death counter lol

That's nice. I beat her in 1 attempt with powerful sorceries I got through following a guide to becoming OP early on Fextralife.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
thank you fromsoft for nerfing the cheese strats and making the lazy casuals play the game as miyazaki intended *locks up his frost stomp kamehameha sword mimic in the attic with a bucket of fish heads for sustenance*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

owns