Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

MarxCarl posted:

It's excellent. I didn't think I'd like the sails, but they've grown on me. Brick built hull is a nice change from the ships in the regular pirate lines. Goes together great, has some neat building techniques, looks good, and bonus if it's on sale.

Thanks all! I have no self control so I’m picking it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I like most of them but they seem to have star wars levels of markup on them for some reason.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Is there a The Batman batmobile polybag? I haven't been able to find one, but it sure seems like a ripe choice. Maybe as a GWP or something?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

wife brought back one from walmart or fred meyer about 2 or 3 months ago

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
ohhhh, here it is
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=30455-1&name=Batmobile%20polybag&category=%5BSuper%20Heroes%5D%5BThe%20Batman%5D#T=P
:doh:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oh no I accidentally bought the Disney Castle

My dining table is incapacitated for the next little while

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Still been messing around with my Ninjago Skull Sorcerer's Dragon -

Mid-boss looking lil skeleton mech guy.

Lil dragon critter. (Didn't have a decent camera for this one)

Monster truck. This one caused me disproportionate amounts of grief due to my stubborn commitment to not bringing in any parts from other sets other than the wheels, but I do like how it turned out.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Those are rad.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

deoju posted:

Those are rad.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

deoju posted:

Is the stud hollow all the way through? I suppose that might give you more options.
Yeah, it has an open stud.

Hollow stud = open at the top, such as a jumper plate or Technic brick.
Open stud = open all the way through, such as the 1 x 2 rounded plate or the sideways stud of a headlight brick.

Honestly gives it a ton of versatility and value and I'm super stoked to have it. Fun fact: it was developed before the Sonic the Hedgehog set, a set that calls for tons of assemblies of 1 x 1 plates stacked upon each other. When asked why they didn't use the new piece in that set, they replied it would have been too confusing for people to have piles of that piece, 1 x 1 plates, and 1 x 1 bricks all together in the same set. Disappointing. That piece even comes in dark orange already.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Do the lego GWP ever run out before the end date? I just placed an order and realized that any mention of the Jane Goodall set is gone from the website even though it doesn’t end until tomorrow.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rad Valtar posted:

Do the lego GWP ever run out before the end date? I just placed an order and realized that any mention of the Jane Goodall set is gone from the website even though it doesn’t end until tomorrow.

Is it tomorrow in denmark?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

HootTheOwl posted:

Is it tomorrow in denmark?

At time of your posting it would be.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rad Valtar posted:

Yes. The vintage taxi from January ran out very early. I think the batmobile that came with the big batmobile was gone immediately. Star Wars GWP are usually gone day one, as well.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rad Valtar posted:

It can.

It was available in Australia for literally less than a day, for instance.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I choo-choo-choose you

Because of my photography style, this looks barely different than my renders lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

I choo-choo-choose you

Because of my photography style, this looks barely different than my renders lol

and it still looks good!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hey carbs I know yo don't do many movie cars, but have you ever considered doing Mad Max's Interceptor? Always wanted to see a really nice Lego version of that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's a drat shame that Mad Max is way too R rated for Lego. I can't think of a series that would make for a more awesome line of Lego vehicles.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

It's a drat shame that Mad Max is way too R rated for Lego. I can't think of a series that would make for a more awesome line of Lego vehicles.

Fury Road looked like a child's playset and I'm pretty sure that was intentional as a comment on the kind of society that hoards resources to build sweet cars instead of making sure people are fed

(ie, ours)

Speaking of sweet cars, I built the Countach on Friday and it's pretty awesome! No fun easter eggs like the Swedish flag hidden in that Koenigsegg, but I did get a big kick out of how the angles on the sidescoops were generated. I have a couple of Countach "models" in a pretty close scale (ok, they're transformers) and it's quite close to the actual thing. The headlights are set back a bit, and of course you're not going to get quite as fine a detail in spots like the nose, but on the whole, it's a way better model for the price than I would have expected ten years ago.

The thickness of the edges does lend it an early 90s type of chunkiness, and some angles almost give me more of a Bugatti EB110 vibe despite not having any actual EB110 detail.

I put the minifig in it grinning that big poo poo-eating grin because, hell, I'd do that if I had one.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Was double points this past weekend? I thought it was planned for March 20th or something. :sigh:

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

YEAH! :hai:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What the gently caress happened to the treasure chest dude?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Brawnfire posted:

What the gently caress happened to the treasure chest dude?

he was a pirate, he lost his body, replaced it with a cyborg body, lost the cyborg body and used a treasure chest and now has a rockin' purple cyborg body

metalbeard rules

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hardcore!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This image caused the song Shiny from Moana to begin playing in my head

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

This image caused the song Shiny from Moana to begin playing in my head

you're welcome

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Ninjago Hunted has some stuff that fits the MadMax motif https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Ninjago/subtheme-Hunted

70654: Dieselnaut

70655: Dragon Pit

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Cithen posted:

Was double points this past weekend? I thought it was planned for March 20th or something. :sigh:

Yes, it ended Monday.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Cloks posted:

metalbeard rules

:emptyquote:

I've tried to acquire as many different builds of him as I possibly could.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
How long has LEGO been using Lasership? This is the first time (out of about 10 orders) they've used this carrier. I've had nothing but trouble with Lasership with other retail companies in the past. Ugh.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Never heard of lasership. But maybe LEGO has realized that Fedex is complete garbage now?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Siroc posted:

How long has LEGO been using Lasership? This is the first time (out of about 10 orders) they've used this carrier. I've had nothing but trouble with Lasership with other retail companies in the past. Ugh.

Yeah I noticed this too. First time I’ve seen it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Lasership came in a couple of weeks ago I think, we're using them for some of the east coast states I believe.

We've also moved over to using DHL instead of TOLL for Australia and New Zealand.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lego used dhl to USPS on my last order to IL. Which is literally under 50 miles and took 5 days. Hooray efficiency.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

April 1st release:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nice try!
Cool MOC tho.

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

April 1st release:

Bttf

Bloody tempting, looks amazing compared to the Cuusoo version on my shelf.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Day one

https://www.lego.com/en-us/lego-delorean-is-back?cmp=REF-202203-Back_To_The_Future_Laun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

April 1st release:

Great Scott!