Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I ordered a calzone from my fave place and it got delivered to the wrong apartment.

This is the most depressing thing I've read in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Green salad w/lemon vinaigrette, chicken pot pie w/buttermilk biscuit crust.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

TontoCorazon posted:

This is the most depressing thing I've read in years

Not for the guy who got a free calzone

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I got a 14lb brisket done up montreal smoked meat style in the smokebox taking for goddamned ever and a day to come out of the stall. And I'm not sure I have enough beer to make it through the finish line. May hafta crack open the football helmet shaped bottle of vodka I got for xmas. Even if it tastes like poo poo, I'm probably gonna be too loaded to care.

Edit: It turned out delicious. And one beer under budget.
https://imgur.com/gallery/qwcbHRP

XeeD fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 10, 2022

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

nexous posted:

Not for the guy who got a free calzone

Well gently caress that guy

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
General Tso's chicken, chicken fried rice with a huge amount of chicken in it, 3 crab rangoons, and an egg roll. :yum:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pizza with pesto sauce, jerk chicken, ham, bacon, and pineapple

Delicious

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Nothing

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Pizza night again

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Vegetable teriyaki with boiled white rice and peanut cabbage as a side.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm volunteering at a really nerdy IT conference for midrange computers and they bought us a ton of Dominos last night. Not sure what tonight will be!

runchild
May 26, 2010

Taters, carrots, kielbasa. Chop ‘em up, toss ‘em in oil and herbs, and roast. Delicious.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Red beans and rice, along with some steamed broccoli. Strawberry ice cream for dessert

runchild
May 26, 2010

Im burgin

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I picked up a meatloaf/mashed potatoes/corn thing from the grocery store. Basically a refrigerated tv dinner from the deli.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Soaked some beans last night. Time for RED BEANS AND RICE. These puppies have been stewing for 3 hours and they are ~delicious~

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Desert actually, oven pancakes and ice cream and homemade strawberry jam.

Todays breakfast was last nights leftovers, and two pots of coffee.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Tried out a poppy seed chicken casserole. Extremely midwestern recipe - condensed soup, an inadvisable amount of dairy, crackers on top, the works. Verdict: not bad, not amazing. I’ll happily keep eating the leftovers and then probably not bother making it again.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Greek bowls with homemade chicken shawarma, tzatziki, hummus, turmeric rice and lettuce, red onions and kalamata olives

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Rice + stuff found in the fridge

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I made this vegetable and bean mélange and then put some of it onto of a couple of chicken schnitzels, put cheese on top, and baked it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got quite a late start so I'll be eating at like 11pm tonight, which sucks, but it's my fault.

Post-St. Paddy's Day corned beef and cabbage! Might make some soda bread too if I'm feeling frisky!

I'm a single guy living alone so this is probably way too much. I'll make some bubble and squeak with it too though so hopefully I don't get completely sick of it.

edit: you don't see cabbage because I'm throwing it in an hour before it's done so it doesn't turn to paste.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Any of y’all remember Noble Romans? It was a pizza chain that used to be big in the Indiana/Kentucky/Ohio area, but got wiped out in the 08 financial collapse. A few years ago they reappeared with some “craft pizza & pub” locations, and they’re not half bad. I had a Detroit-style pizza with chorizo, mushrooms, and “sweety drop” peppers. Pretty good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made soda bread!!! I hope it turned out. It looks good at least.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I forgot to put away the leftovers from the slow cooker. Ah well I'm sure I won't die if I eat it. It just might be a bit soggier. I barely ate any last night so I have a ton left. I'm going to try to have a smaller lunch today so I can eat more at night.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
I made a roast beef today.

The rest i'm gonna thin cut and have some mawfuggin' beef dips for lunch with the jus :rms:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wana sink my crooked fangs into all these roasts

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Greek salad

runchild
May 26, 2010

Mayo-brined grilled chicken with white cheddar, spinach, and grilled onions on a brioche bun. Rally’s fries on the side, which are pretty good for frozen.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Pork loin, garlic dill potatoes and air fried okra

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Indian take out. Tandoori chicken, garlic naan, rice.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Not as much Greek salad, a couple of hot dogs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

runchild posted:

Mayo-brined grilled chicken

:crossarms:

runchild
May 26, 2010

Really more of a marinade but “mayo-brined” sounded better.

Mayorinade?

Anyways, this but different toppings.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

runchild posted:

Anyways, this but different toppings.

So are we talking 2tbsp of mayo or 1/2 cup of mayo?

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Brauts with onions, mustard, relish, and ketchup. I don't normally do relish, probably first time in over a decade, but it was absolutely delicious.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So are we talking 2tbsp of mayo or 1/2 cup of mayo?

Maybe a half cup? For 4 cutlets. Not quite as thickly slathered as the thighs in the video.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Coolnezzz posted:

Brauts with onions, mustard, relish, and ketchup. I don't normally do relish, probably first time in over a decade, but it was absolutely delicious.

I don't know what a braut is but if you have a brat you don't put ketchup on it.

The onions should be grilled/sauted/pan fried, use a good mustard, and throw some sauerkraut on there. Also boil the brats in beer before you throw them on the grill which I must assume you did. Because that's what you do. A good Italian bun is what we use here but imo the smaller the bun the better. Hard buns suck. With your brats, the bun is too long. It's a very common problem. I rip off the part of the bun that goes way over the brat and trash it. You need a good mix between meat and bun.

Whew. I needed to get that out of my system.

Where's BBC to back me up here?

edit: ps, I'm happy that you enjoyed it

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

runchild posted:

Maybe a half cup? For 4 cutlets. Not quite as thickly slathered as the thighs in the video.

Not gonna lie. I'd try it. But I couldn't imagine mayo being used as a marinade because it's not acidic. So it won't actually contribute to a long soak. I use heavily acidic/salty/pungent stuff for my marinades. Obviously seasonings and olive oil and stuff go in the bag too.

Now I'm curious. Not curious enough to do it though.