Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lotta postmatch attacks in that Rampage, hmmmm

e: okay, misread, first one is a staredown, but stilp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage

Darby Allin defeats the Butcher by countout. Postmatch Andrade Family Office surround Darby and Sting, but the Hardys even the odds. Next week Texas tornado tag match between AFO (Butcher, Blade and Private Party) and Darby+Sting+Hardys
Red Velvet defeats Leyla Hirsch; Leyla tries to use a weapon but Kris Statlander takes it away, distracting her leading to the result
House of Black (Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews and Brody King) defeat Bear Country (Bear Boulder and Bear Bronson) and Fuego del Sol
Keith Lee defeats Max Caster. Postmatch Hobbs and Ricky Starks attack Keith; Swerve Strickland makes the save

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Rampage looks great this week, holy poo poo that 8 man next week

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bear Country and Fuego is certainly... a choice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sticklefifer posted:

Bear Country and Fuego is certainly... a choice.

Best way to give a young up and comer some rub is to pair them with a megastar so maybe they have big things planned for bear country

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

They've been getting featured more recently on Rampage and Dynamite than they have in quite some time, that's for certain.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Chris James 2 posted:

Rampage

Darby Allin defeats the Butcher by countout. Postmatch Andrade Family Office surround Darby and Sting, but the Hardys even the odds. Next week Texas tornado tag match between AFO (Butcher, Blade and Private Party) and Darby+Sting+Hardys
Red Velvet defeats Leyla Hirsch; Leyla tries to use a weapon but Kris Statlander takes it away, distracting her leading to the result
House of Black (Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews and Brody King) defeat Bear Country (Bear Boulder and Bear Bronson) and Fuego del Sol
Keith Lee defeats Max Caster. Postmatch Hobbs and Ricky Starks attack Keith; Swerve Strickland makes the save

Kris came out in all black with a black lightening bolt down her face and recolored hair. She looked great, I'm ready for it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pwinsider posted:

Cody Rhodes has signed with WWE, multiple WWE sources have confirmed. Rhodes inked his deal about 10-14 days ago.

The current plan is to have Rhodes debut Wrestlemania weekend with the early word among those in the company being that Rhodes will be on the Raw brand.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So much for Big Millionaire Dashing Cody Rhodes running ROH. :smith: Hopefully the paycheck is worth it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Lmao

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Glad I no longer have to worry about him returning to AEW.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
So he’s not wrestling Seth at WM or he is but he won’t actually be appearing until the day of? Or they’re delaying the angle until the Raw after Wrestlemania?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If he does face Seth, one of three things is almost certainly going to happen:

1. Cody comes in as a face and in his debut match goes over Seth Rollins, a guy who crowds are currently super behind and who has been kind of dicked around in the booking for several months now
2. After refusing to turn heel in AEW for months, Cody debuts as a heel in WWE
3. Cody loses in his first match

Excited to see where it goes

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

xbilkis posted:

If he does face Seth, one of three things is almost certainly going to happen:

1. Cody comes in as a face and in his debut match goes over Seth Rollins, a guy who crowds are currently super behind and who has been kind of dicked around in the booking for several months now
2. After refusing to turn heel in AEW for months, Cody debuts as a heel in WWE
3. Cody loses in his first match

Excited to see where it goes

You forgot about the possibility that there's no real ending to the match at all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This is the funniest possible outcome to all the Codyverse speculation, so I'm here for it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

sticklefifer posted:

This is the funniest possible outcome to all the Codyverse speculation, so I'm here for it.

I'm just receiving word that WWE's biggest suppliers of silver facepaint and star-shaped design templates have both informed their employees that layoffs won't be necessary after all, they just got a huge set of orders in from Vince personally :unsmith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Impact Wrestling tapings from Friday:

quote:

-Mahabali Shera (w/Raj Singh) defeated Crazzy Steve
-Black Taurus defeated Deaner
-Steve Maclin defeated Heath
-Eddie Edwards defeated NJPW's Rocky Romero
-The Good Brothers defeated Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice
-Josh Alexander defeated Madman Fulton
-Bhupinder Gujjar defeated Aiden Prince
-W. Morrisey attacked Brian Myers while he was doing his commentary gimmick
-Jay White & Chris Bey defeated the Motor City Machine Guns
-Masha Slamovich defeated Abby Janes
-Rosemary won a battle royal to become number one contender to the Knockouts World title
-"Speedball" Mike Bailey defeated Laredo Kid & Willie Mack for a place in the X Division title match at Rebellion on April 23
-ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham defeated Kenny King
-Impact World Champion Moose and number one contender Josh Alexander had an in-ring face-to-face segment.
-Impact Wrestling Tag Team Championship: Violent By Design defeated The Good Brothers to retain the titles in a lumberjack match
-Impact Knockouts World Championship: Tasha Steelz defeated Mickie James to retain the title in a street fight. Chelsea Green and Matt Cardona also attacked Mickie.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Edward Mass posted:

Impact Wrestling tapings from Friday:

Worth mentioning that Chelsea’s broken wrist was a work (a pretty good one, lots of people bought it because of her history with injuries)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wrestlemania match placement spoilers from the reddit insider guy apparently:

Rollins vs Rhodes will happen Night 2.

Lynch vs Belair is slated to open Night 1.

Austin vs Owens is slated to close Night 1.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Impact Wrestling tapings from Saturday:

quote:

-Heath and Rhino d. Rich Swann and Willie Mack
-Madison Rayne d. Jessie McKay
-Jonathan Gresham d. Rocky Romero
-Deonna Purrazzo d. Willow Nightingale
-Alex Shelly d. Steve Maclin
-The Bullet Club and Honor No More have a confrontation, setting up a match later
-JONAH d. PCO
-Violent By Design (which members unspecified) d. Decay
-Matt Cardona d. Little Guido
-Mahabali Shera d. a jobber
-Trey Miguel and Laredo Kid d. Ace Austin and "Speedball" Mike Bailey - afterwards, Bailey turns on Austin
-Moose/Josh Alexander segment with R.D. Evans as Moose's lawyer
-Jay White, Chris Bey, and the Good Brothers d. Kenny King, Vincent, and the OGK

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Little Guido

HELL YEAH

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DarkstarIV posted:

Wrestlemania match placement spoilers from the reddit insider guy apparently:

Rollins vs Rhodes will happen Night 2.

Lynch vs Belair is slated to open Night 1.

Austin vs Owens is slated to close Night 1.

Closing a show with a talking segment is an interesting choice

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Gonna stick this here just in case.

Joey Janela is apparently done with AEW when his contract expires early May.

https://youtu.be/mnbm0sTUBzk (34:38 he starts talking about AEW contract). Seems to have some kind of heat with Christopher Daniels for being "unsafe". I really get the impression he doesn't want to leave.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gresham won the PROGRESS title from Cara Noir. This is a very strange situation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't say I'm unhappy to see a title vs title match end with a result more definitive than a draw, and this was a much more likely result than ROH champ Cara Noir. Definitely don't know where it goes from here though; obviously ROH is owned by AEW and Gresham's been backstage there recently, but also there's been no change in WWE's partnership with PROGRESS

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't say I'm unhappy to see a title vs title match end with a result more definitive than a draw, and this was a much more likely result than ROH champ Cara Noir. Definitely don't know where it goes from here though; obviously ROH is owned by AEW and Gresham's been backstage there recently, but also there's been no change in WWE's partnership with PROGRESS

They've cut all of Gresham's matches from the PROGRESS chapters uploaded to Peacock I think, it's just weird because like.. are they just not gonna have those title matches he has on there now either?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean, okay then

tbh this is the first I've heard of anything relating to Progress since #SpeakingOut happened, so good on Gresham I guess

I guess there are two possibilities from here on out:

• Gresham wins at Supercard Of Honor, meaning he's only a transitional Progress champion, so he'll be beaten in a month or so by whoever else is big in Progress rn I guess
  • Bandido wins at Supercard of Honor, meaning Gresham will have a relatively long Progress title run, eventually leading to him joining the Fed

idk, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Gresham joining the Fed

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

They've cut all of Gresham's matches from the PROGRESS chapters uploaded to Peacock I think, it's just weird because like.. are they just not gonna have those title matches he has on there now either?

Could be an incredibly big brained play to get people to move over to Progress on demand to watch the title get defended

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm guessing TK wants to move all the ROH belts to whoever he has under contract as soon as he can, but we don't know where Gresham's going to land yet.

It's also possible that WWE just won't care. AEW & WWE both have simultaneous working relationships with Impact. There was an episode of Impact where Gresham had an ROH title defense while commentary was putting over Mickie James appearing in the Royal Rumble and mentioning Christian being the previous Impact champion. Kind of gave me Awesome vs Taz in ECW vibes.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

sticklefifer posted:

I'm guessing TK wants to move all the ROH belts to whoever he has under contract as soon as he can, but we don't know where Gresham's going to land yet.

It's also possible that WWE just won't care. AEW & WWE both have simultaneous working relationships with Impact. There was an episode of Impact where Gresham had an ROH title defense while commentary was putting over Mickie James appearing in the Royal Rumble and mentioning Christian being the previous Impact champion. Kind of gave me Awesome vs Taz in ECW vibes.

There's no working relationship with Impact and WWE, they just wanted Mickie James cause they realized too late they don't have enough women on the main roster to fill a Royal Rumble and for some reason outright refuse to use anyone from NXT

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Drakkel posted:

There's no working relationship with Impact and WWE, they just wanted Mickie James cause they realized too late they don't have enough women on the main roster to fill a Royal Rumble and for some reason outright refuse to use anyone from NXT

Yeah, the usual Twitter WWE stans were jizzing all over themselves about how WWE had opened the forbidden door, and outside of Mickie's appearance in the Rumble, precisely jack poo poo else has come of it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tarratastic/status/1505690772133269504?t=KHXGZes0qnEPPRGqeqZksw&s=19

Finally someone loving good goes through the Forbidden Door

(for real if they can get Comoroto into Japan he'd get over easy and it'd do him a world of good)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Factory vs. LA Dojo at Windy City Riot actually sounds pretty good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is qt marshall gonna have hook ambushed by ren narita during his presentation on dynamite

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Factory vs Dojo would be a great feud for everyone, especially cause it gives great Factory/Dojo talent the chance to work other styles

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1505691073267609603?s=20&t=vsrC8k9itQlj79DMQmv5Rg

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ok but if this means they send HOOK to BOSJ I will be so goddamn happy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wanting British indies on the network was a HHH thing so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve just told all of those groups to gently caress off now that he’s dead

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Wanting British indies on the network was a HHH thing so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve just told all of those groups to gently caress off now that he’s dead

Dragunov showed up a few weeks ago with the NXT UK title so there’s still a slight relationship there. A lot less NXT talent than they’re used to be though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Rampage spoilers:

quote:

-Dustin Rhodes defeated Lance Archer. After the match, Archer attacked and beat down Rhodes.
-Fuego Del Sol came out for a promo, calling out the House of Black. Malakai Black, Brody King, and Buddy Matthews then came out. They proceeded to attack Fuego until the Dark Order ran out for the save.
-reDRagon defeated 5 & 10
-Nyla Rose defeated Madi Wrenkowski
-QT Marshall presented Hook with a "certificate of accomplishment".
-Ricky Starks defeated Swerve Strickland to retain the FTW Championship. Keith Lee and Hobbs got involved. A tag team match was then set for a later date.