Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spokes posted:

“a scaled up brit” lmao incredible turn of phrase

They also pallet swapped him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I want to share that we lost 2/3 of last night's episode because of random storms here in Florida that for some reason warranted a 40 minute interruption of normal programming (I get they're trying to help and it's dangerous and important, but I don't see how useful that actually is compared to just putting a banner up top). Like even if a tornado forms and you live nearby, it's not like we have storm shelters or even basements in this state, no one's going to do anything.....

Final was incredibly ironic, as a result.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I want to share that we lost 2/3 of last night's episode because of random storms here in Florida that for some reason warranted a 40 minute interruption of normal programming (I get they're trying to help and it's dangerous and important, but I don't see how useful that actually is compared to just putting a banner up top). Like even if a tornado forms and you live nearby, it's not like we have storm shelters or even basements in this state, no one's going to do anything.....

Final was incredibly ironic, as a result.

It's because broadcast TV stations are required to broadcast emergency information if there's an emergency anywhere in their dedicated market.

The Wichita, KS market covers like 80% of the state, so when I lived there, we'd get interruptions because a tornado touched down somewhere in the state.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Yeah, it's essentially an FCC requirement to break in for tornado warnings. Annoying at times, but I get it. I wish there was an easy way to access episodes when stuff local stuff interrupts the show, though. Definitely made the final Jeopardy clue funny.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy poo poo, what a freebie of a final.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Timby posted:

I was about to ask if that was the easiest FJ ever, and then the champion whiffed and ate it.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Groovelord Neato posted:

I was so disappointed when I first saw the Beast. My brother told me about the show and I'm expecting this hulking scary giant and he's just a scaled up Brit. You can't look like that and go by "the Beast".

The nickname comes from the French translation of his surname.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

and also ken jennings isn’t even a professor

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Timby posted:

Amy's response was excellent, though. "What is unintelligible?"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPColin posted:

Amy's response was excellent, though. "What is unintelligible?"

I would have accepted it.

I will also admit that I spent way too much time questioning whether Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation was his first film role.

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.

Iron Crowned posted:

I would have accepted it.

I will also admit that I spent way too much time questioning whether Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation was his first film role.

I was trying to think of the first thing Wooderson says in Dazed & Confused (I think it's him asking the kid if he has a joint), but remembered this is Jeopardy general knowledge trivia, not Videology movie trivia.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The wording of the quote was really confusing to me, I struggled to parse what it was trying to ask. I would've put down the right answer but only cuz it's the only McConnaughey quote I can think of.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Mr Hookshot had a lot of trouble with it too. I just went “gently caress it” and yelled out the only MMac line I knew which was obviously right.

Take that, writers!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Poque posted:

The wording of the quote was really confusing to me, I struggled to parse what it was trying to ask. I would've put down the right answer but only cuz it's the only McConnaughey quote I can think of.

I was confused also and thought "ad libbed".

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

I was trying to think of the first thing Wooderson says in Dazed & Confused (I think it's him asking the kid if he has a joint), but remembered this is Jeopardy general knowledge trivia, not Videology movie trivia.

I looked it up and supposedly the first thing they shot with McConaughey was the scene where he rolls up to Marissa Ribisi at the drive-in and asks her if she needs a ride while she's driving her own car, and apparently both that and the "alright alright alright" line that starts it were improv'd.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 17, 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Beyond done with Joel and it isn't even the first commercial break

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Joel was good

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Joel’s answer for final owned

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
can someone kill this Joel guy or at least make him talk normal

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Joel is the Howard Dean of Jeopardy

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

HookShot posted:

Joel’s answer for final owned

christmas boots posted:

can someone kill this Joel guy or at least make him talk normal

These are both simultaneously correct.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Goddamn, another loving gimme of a Final today. Wow.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
How is a horseshoe crab a $1000 clue? Those wash up by my house all the time. That annoyed me more than Final.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Island Nation posted:

How is a horseshoe crab a $1000 clue? Those wash up by my house all the time. That annoyed me more than Final.

Most people don't live at a horseshoe crab nexus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Visiting my parents before Omicron BA2 gets bad. My dad spend so much time watching CNN that the logo is burned into the lower right had corner.

I swear to God every commercial break has one for MB's snake oil pills.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hope they don't have any dogs. :ohdear:

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Iron Crowned posted:

Visiting my parents before Omicron BA2 gets bad. My dad spend so much time watching CNN that the logo is burned into the lower right had corner.

This but Food Network on my old rear projection. When changing TV Providers, the desire stopped. It then became BBT but that stopped too after a while.

Eventually garbage TV becomes too tedious to watch. Works in the short term though which is why it exists at all.

Mr. Baps posted:

Most people don't live at a horseshoe crab nexus

Fair enough, some categories could be a little too inside baseball. How many people outside NYC give a drat about their neighborhoods?

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 20, 2022

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The currently airing Forensic Files II episode is about Paul Curry.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Boy, they sure didn't leave those "Picture/Books" clues on the screen for very long, huh?

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

CPColin posted:

Boy, they sure didn't leave those "Picture/Books" clues on the screen for very long, huh?

That Of Mice and Men one was so low effort. It was literally just a Clipart scene of mice and men. No context switching at all.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just fire and replace all the clue writers. No more olds.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I wonder if they talked to Mihir during a break and tried to get him to stop answering before Ken called on him

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's cute when Ken gets all excited about anything related to the Mormons on the show.

No, it isn't.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mayim is back next week :negative:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Coincides with me going back to work Monday. Sounds like it's gonna be an outstanding week.....

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
NoooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooooo

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Love to see Bialik pretending to be the arbiter of Final Jeopardy.

When this is a case where they absolutely would not need a first name because there's been no one else that fits the bill with the same surname. Someone should have put Leroy Paige just so I could have seen her head explode in confusion.

Also, she seemed to pause for a minute to accept Penguins, because her card had "Pittsburgh Penguins" on it and Bialik is not well versed enough to know what's acceptable.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Did anyone catch the editing error in the Double Jeopardy round? Ryan buzzed in (at 14:44 here) and the other two have their final scores displayed. It must have been a reshoot, only they forgot to change the other scores before they did it.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

My girlfriend says "bird word" would not have been an acceptable alternative response for "hawk talk." :reject:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Did anyone catch the editing error in the Double Jeopardy round? Ryan buzzed in (at 14:44 here) and the other two have their final scores displayed. It must have been a reshoot, only they forgot to change the other scores before they did it.

Okay I thought I was going crazy. “I knew she’d taken the lead, but wow that was fast!” Said my idiot brain.