Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
CanPol 2022: nous sommes gouverné par une bande de cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
je suis un petit gateau. ne me mange pas.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Bun joor. Comma ka vah? Ka vah bean.

Mercy.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Mon avocat mange des avocats et pêches quand il pêche.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UReql4tK0l8

un classique

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Petit poisson, petit poisson,
Nager, nager, nager

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

You should at least be able to ask where the library is and if you can eat your grapefruit here.

here's how you say the first one: gently caress ANANAS
here's how you say the second one: I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Je suis un ananas.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Ananas is the only thing standing between us and terrifying puppet children backed up by rock bands made of skeletons.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Le ouiseaux et sur la fenetre

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who was the French singer from the 80s dressed like a clown? I’ve been wondering for 32 years when my grade 1 teacher brought his music in.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
looks like this thread stepped in some merde am I right hon hon hon

winner, gagnant

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
tabernac!

[raspberry blowing noise]

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Who was the French singer from the 80s dressed like a clown? I’ve been wondering for 32 years when my grade 1 teacher brought his music in.

Roch Voisine?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

i don't know but i can assure you he was real because i remember him too

so he's real or it's candlecove for canadian anglophone schoolchildren

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Vintersorg posted:

The only clown I remember from my school days was videocassettes of Sol the Clown, but I doubt he could sing very well.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Qu'est-ce que c'est? Qu'est-ce que c'est? C'est nous perdu dans le forêt.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.

McGavin posted:

Je suis un ananas.

je suis une pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfgSP3flZ2M

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

je m'appelle toilette?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lol, lmao, like clockwork.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PnPCBC/status/1504585495812227073

At the beginning, Vassy says retired gen. Hillier is 'advising' two defense companies. Then he goes on about how Canada needs to spend at least $15B (per year, I presume?) more on defense, because it's a great patriotic jobs program. Then he lambastes military procurement (about the only not wrong part) and says it should be the defense minister's responsibility. Um, is it not already? Or does he mean that parliament shpupd be less involved? gently caress if I know, I just regret watching it.

e: the part about the defense minister wasn't in that abbreviated twitter clip but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgKXDvgnZRo&t=462s

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 18, 2022

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Unless there's serious studies that suggest a large increase is needed to fix the corruption and procurement issues increasing the budget doesn't seem like we'll get any additional capability worth its value out of it. I get the sense that part of the reason China is increasing its budget is to increase readiness and training to avoid the issues Russia is currently having but it was already spending a lot.

By Defence Ministers responsibility unless I'm missing context, maybe he just means they should fall on their sword/be held accountable for failures; idk; Nebuchadnezzar probably knows more.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

fall on their sword/be held accountable for failures

I thought this was canada

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What resources up north will we have to defend when it turns into a hellish swamp

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Fried Watermelon posted:

What resources up north will we have to defend when it turns into a hellish swamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjLBXb1kgMo

To clarify, the insects are the defense, and the resources are your blood.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 18, 2022

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
stop reporting dumb slapfights thanks

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Procurement has always been hosed, the CAF has the mandate to buy Canadian even if buying Canadian is by far a worse option.

The sooner there's a realization that we are not a defense manufacturing powerhouse like the US, Germany or France, the easier it will get.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Fritz the Horse posted:

Can I report multiple assaults on the French language over the last 2 pages?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Zut alors!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

MA-Horus posted:

Procurement has always been hosed, the CAF has the mandate to buy Canadian even if buying Canadian is by far a worse option.

The sooner there's a realization that we are not a defense manufacturing powerhouse like the US, Germany or France, the easier it will get.

I mean, there is something to be said about domestic production of things that are very inconvenient to have cut off. Remember the kerfuffle about having no domestic vaccine production a few years back?

Fidelitious posted:

Hon hon hon!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Combining:
a military budget increase for more gear
+
gear having to come from Canadian companies
+
the real brain drain we're seeing from with the housing crisis is a HELL of a trio.

You thought GDLS products were bad now? Oh gently caress it's going to get so so so much worse.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fritz the Horse posted:

:rubby:

someone got owned and is mad about it

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Fidelitious posted:

Incorrect verb conjugation. :mods:
Use la for a masculine noun. :mods:
Forgot an accent aigu. :mods:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
We've banned for less.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

We've banned for less.

this feels like a no frills slogan

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Fritz the Horse posted:

No idea what this is even about, but people are told not to engage here and to report posts if they feel the need. You're bringing reports posts back into this thread to be engaged with.

Also, dumb slapfights seem like exactly the type of thing that should be reported and not engaged with.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

eXXon posted:

Russian/Chinese invasion because they're not inscrutable psychotic actors invading random countries.

LOL, no.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Posting about posting about posting about posting abou...... oh no im caught in a recursive feedback loop

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Would you care to elaborate?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Looking forward to Alberta's Best Summer Ever Mark 2
https://twitter.com/ctvedmonton/status/1504585426975301637?s=20&t=yXYYUQ3rkyaOMxk34Z1yTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Oh, so it should be done by summer then.

Awesome.