Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Anyone who listened to stern on Sirius radio knows that podcast ad reads are fukkin child's play compared to a 20 minute long unskippable ad read every hour for a service you already pay for. That said I'd still like an ad free patreon tier. Do it cowards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

BiggerBoat posted:

I hate when I have it on while I'm in the shower and my whole shower was spent listening to ads.

just tell Siri to "skip ahead two minutes" and the ad is gone.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Just starting The Warriors episode. Might chug a couple beers and rewatch this weekend for proper mood setting.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Never seen The Warriors. Do they come out and play?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

clown shoes posted:

You're thinking of The Offspring

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

You're thinking of The Offspring

Those are two wildly different entities! Nowhere near close, you gotta keep ‘em separated.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

clown shoes posted:

This movie comes out and fucks hard. Can’t wait to watch it again

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

Oh...they come out and play.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

clown shoes posted:

Oh man if you’ve never seen it you absolutely should. Looks like it’s on Hulu and Paramount Plus .

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/tr3bysaid/status/1503038504292524035?t=jh3GDF_Y4GaSF1zPBFcLEw&s=19

Someone took my advice and bottled it, dontcha know.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

These are good as well. Taste more like french fries dipped in ketchup than regular ketchup potato chips.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
the Delta Farce episode is spicy right off the bat. Larry the cuckold is funny as hell, and the "we'll put a boot in your rear end" rant got me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Jeff Foxworthy making very mundane jokes was my personal highlight.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Totally missed opportunity in the Delta Farce episode when Crabin talks about their sexy remake of Toy Story and the show goes to commercials and it's not for boner pills. :v:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Simone was the first episode in a long time I felt was a whiff. Honestly I think their only misses in years have been the random LRM draws. So many people send in requests where nothing happens and expect them to spin gold.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Currently watching Delta Farce in advance of listening. Good god this is incomprehensibly bad. This is the longest 90 minute movie I’ve ever seen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

fishing with the fam posted:

Currently watching Delta Farce in advance of listening. Good god this is incomprehensibly bad. This is the longest 90 minute movie I’ve ever seen.
I paid to rent it last night before the episode and I immediately regretted doing so :negative: Just a completely irredeemable movie.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Invalid Validation posted:

Jeff Foxworthy making very mundane jokes was my personal highlight.

If you turn a key away from you when you get in your car… you might be driving.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

weekly font posted:

Simone was the first episode in a long time I felt was a whiff. Honestly I think their only misses in years have been the random LRM draws. So many people send in requests where nothing happens and expect them to spin gold.

I always assumed they screened the requests and removed the stinkers, but they said recently that they really do take in every request and put it in the hat.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Kneecaps posted:

I always assumed they screened the requests and removed the stinkers, but they said recently that they really do take in every request and put it in the hat.

How does this work for WLM requests? What if they don’t love the movie?

I’m sure they’ve explained this before, but I’ve never made a request, so I’ve never looked into it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Besides excluding Birdemic and The Room nothing is off the table (or I guess like, they're not gunna watch Dear, Zachary for a LRM episode either).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’d be down for a “bummer month” of dear Zachary, gummo, literally any Larry Clark and happiness

And by down I mean down a few bottles

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

teen witch posted:

I’d be down for a “bummer month” of dear Zachary, gummo, literally any Larry Clark and happiness

And by down I mean down a few bottles

“Kids” has gotta be up there with “Primal Fear” for “most times referenced without being done as an episode”.

That being said - what do you think is the longest running gag they still do? Outside of Simpsons references, it has to either be “Ahhhhhhhh Steven?” or the Pippi Longstocking horse voice, right?

That horse voice gets me every goddamn time.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

GPTribefan posted:

“Kids” has gotta be up there with “Primal Fear” for “most times referenced without being done as an episode”.

Also, Zoo and the Zapruder film.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ror posted:

Also, Zoo and the Zapruder film.

I feel like Zapruder is brought up more often on Eric's twitter than on the podcast, though, right?

edit: But if Twitter counts, then holy poo poo, that wins.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 17, 2022

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Requiem for a Dream has to be up there on references

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Midsommar top 7

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
"Hey keeewl I got cuckolded" :allears:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

"Hey keeewl I got cuckolded" :allears:

The WHM version of Larry is so much more endearing and funny than actual Larry

See also WHM Mark Wahlberg

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The next Patreon level should be dubbed audio tracks for Larry the Cable guy movies. Just punch up the comedy by overdubbing it.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I'm relistening to the PS I Love You episode, and this is an all timer. Tons of fun Scottish accent impressions, Gerard Butler slipping and dying at a Wendy's, Kathy Bates as a Jigsaw-esque serial killer, and more. It's great. It's also a really precise takedown of that type of bland, passively vile and homophobic, mid-2000s rom-com.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

dorium posted:

The next Patreon level should be dubbed audio tracks for Larry the Cable guy movies. Just punch up the comedy by overdubbing it.

Why do you hate the gang that much?

If they did do something like that, we'd need a Larry the Cable Guy version of the Sickos image.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

if they didnt want to dub Larry the Cable Guy movies they wouldnt do the impression so well. They can do it as a round as well and each of them take a scene.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If yoouuuuuuuuuu are running water over a dirty plate after it’s been scrubbed with a soap filled sponge……….you might be doing the dishes.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Had to rewind the Delta Farce episode a couple times, I kept missing things because I was still laughing at "you look like a Snuffleupagus except for with a gay slur in it"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Listening to the old Larry episodes is a wild ride. Steve makes such a great “h’yuck” laugh, it’s amazing.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

weekly font posted:

This is why I always requested God Told Me To. Random Andy Kaufmann debut, some trademark Larry Cohen weirdness and scuzzy 70s New York for them to fanboy at, and plenty of what-the-gently caress space vaginas for them to be baffled at.

I don't know if it's a WHM or a WLM 15 years after seeing it, which makes it a good candidate to me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
After listening to Delta Farce, I ended up going back and revisiting Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector.

It made me wish there were more untapped Larry the Cable Guy movies

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

After listening to Delta Farce, I ended up going back and revisiting Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector.

It made me wish there were more untapped Larry the Cable Guy movies

Same, they are truly special. I feel like having a fun voice to do really greases their funny bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

They should revisit all the Larry movies when they hit 1000 eps like they did for Superman at the 500 ep mark.